Chino Valley, ARIZONA

Camping Arizona Chino Valley
Most Recent Chino Valley Camping Reviews
Free & Quiet

Snow when we arrived at night, but there were a few RVs and campers just north of the exit and off the road. You could head back further and get quieter.

55+ RV Park with lots of shade

If you want a shady site in a cooler location, this is it. The temperature was consistently 5 degrees below the towns of Camp Verde and Cottonwood. However, the trees that provide the shade also may block access to satellites.

The staff and volunteers are very friendly and helpful. If you pull a trailer there is room to unhook and drop it off at both ends of the village.

Social activities are scheduled, and there are several national monuments to explore nearby.

Awesome site right off the main road

This site was close enough to the city while being far enough away to enjoy the surrounding nature. For the coordinates given, this site does have a short stretch of road that may need a vehicle with higher clearance, just a heads up. There is a nice fire ring and a place to park 2-3 cars max.

A great site

This site is great for large groups because it is far enough away from other sites and has sites 10/11 right by each other so you can get a fairly large group in if you’d like! Lots of open space and 2 fire rings for the 2 different sites.

Such an amazing site!

We got to drive straight up to the cliff-face and camp out for the night. We woke up to an amazing view and it was just a great view over Sedona and the beautiful landscape!

Had an awesome weekend of camping all around Arizona!

We found a dispersed campsite right of Senator Hwy in Prescott AZ by Wolf Creek. It was somewhat difficult to get to, but it is possible in a 4x4 and good ground clearance. There were nice fire rings already made and plenty of space for multiple tents if wanted! Plenty of trees for hammocks and plenty of ground space for tents.

Convenient location, typical RV park

Williams, AZ was in the right location for us to stop in at this park for a few days. We ended up getting some work done on the RV and stayed longer than we originally planned! This is a typical RV park. It is nice that it is right in town so everything is super close. It made grocery runs super easy. There is also a hotel that the property owns and you are welcome to use the hotel amenities if you are a guest in the RV park. They have a train that leaves from here to go to the Grand Canyon. We didn’t do it, but it is really popular. They even have a kennel on site so if you take the train you can kennel your dog. We used Passport America and it made the rate really affordable for what it is. With temperatures below 15 degrees, we are happy to have hookups to run our space heater! The sites are full hookup and there is a nice bathroom/shower facility on site too.

Ranger Review: Banner and Oak Neck Gaiter at Pumphouse Wash

Campground Review:

Couple things to say about this campground… it's dispersed but in numbered lots and unless you have a high clearance 4x4 you must enter from West (89A). The road continues through to I-17 but crosses a few washes that would be rough for anything shorter than a stock 4runner. (Mine has a 3 inch lift). No big rocks to climb; just big tire swallowing ruts.

Product Review:

First time owning or using a neck gaiter. I'm on the bigger side so is not likely I'll wear it when I'm not actually using it. When I was using it for dust control it was great. Out on the trails I get passed by side-by-sides all the time. My 4runner can go almost anywhere but on the slower side. So I'm frequently sucking side-by-side dust. I'm not upset enough by it to roll up my windows. (Can't miss out on the smell of the mountains.) The neck gaiter helped me cut down on the dust I inhaled while still enjoying the crisp air.

Fall Colors in Sedona!

We had a great experience in Cave Springs. Beautiful sites with privacy, great amenities, helpful staff, and proximity to everything Sedona. Protect food from Skunks. Bring a hammock. Lots of trees to hammock camp here.

Scenic and friendly

I just spent two nights here with my family and I left telling my wife that we’ll return again. When we checked in the staff helped us pick the site we wanted by touring us around in a golf cart. We got space 1A which is somewhat close to the bathrooms, the pond, and a nice chair swing. At night the sound of the creek provided nice white noise to fall asleep with.

Our site had a 30 amp hookup, water, and sewer.

This is a great campground for families as there’s lot to do on site. From the pool, the playground, the creek, and the nightly skunk viewing, this place keeps young ones entertained.

If there was one down side I’d have to point out it’s that there is absolutely zero cell service on site and I had trouble even getting radio stations in my camper. That said, that isn’t a bad thing when you’re trying to get away and camp. There is wifi near the office if you really needed it.

Great campsite

Perfect campsite for last minute camping trips. I always stop here before heading to flagstaff for snowboarding. Great campsite to see. Make sure you take out your trash and don’t leave it on the ground. Other then that a beautiful campsite with tons of the trees.

Very Quiet

Very nice RV park almost to quiet. All the amenities you would need and fairly close to everything.

Private and clean

Beautiful pine area with a quick hike to the Lynx Lake. Concrete tables and fire pits with grills. We stayed in #14 and it was several steps to the actual camp site. Not recommended for car campers, but away from the road and private.

Camping in the town

This campground is very close to the town of Prescott and was quite busy! It didn’t quite give us the feel of being in nature with so many people and cars on the near by freeway. We did have a campground that backed to an open area which was excellent but still not as relaxing as other campgrounds I’ve been too. Site 15 is extremely uneven, see picture, it was our first time needing to level to this degree. Picnic table and fire pits were in good shape. Overall not too bad but won’t be returning.

One of our favorites in AZ!

Where to begin? Bring your bicycles, kids, horses, and a great attitude and you and have nothing but fun here very clean very well maintained nice helpful people.. it's close to anything you want to go to Jerome the ruins the casino Sedona it has all the amenities that you would want to take care of you your family or any gifts that you have with you..

Really nice facility. Great bathrooms and showers. There's an area to take the little ones down to river where they play in the water safely,. Dogs are welcome and the playground has a really fun mini zip line. The place is well-maintained, especially the restrooms. Camp hosts were welcoming and knowledgeable about hiking. Fun place to hike.

Sedona at it's best!

Cannot get enough of this place! Beautiful campground hidden amongst tall pine trees and nestled between a mountain and A creek. The pit toilets are the cleanest I ever seen, very well vented so no smells. The camp sites are not very spacious so u will hv to choose them carefully if u are bringing an RV. All back in parking no pull thrus. The hosts and rangers are very friendly and informative.

Staff is friendly, informative and the grounds are meticulous. Not to mention the obvious of the soul of Sedona! Bubbling creek, fishing and wonders of nature. Love to visit again.

Great family campground in beautiful surroundings

Stayed here with my 2 year old granddaughter. Plenty of other kids to play with. A combination of tents and RV's.

Beautiful area, playground and swimming pool, right on the creek which is accessible for swimming.

Restrooms were very clean. Did see some small trash on the campground and would have expected that to be cleaned up. The pool area needs repairs and updating, but nothing that would stop me from swimming.

Lots of dogs and did see dog waste that the owners didn't pick up :(

Overall a great stay for families. Would not recommend during the summer or weekends if you don't want to be around kids.

Very clean and quiet

Great campground for a quick get away! Always clean and quiet. The hiking trails are nice too!

Close to Sedona but worlds apart!

Stopped here on our way back to California from Colorado. It was the middle of August so we were looking for somewhere with some water and shade and we found both. It is definitely a popular campground with lots of families but if you can get a spot it is an amazing little retreat. We were tent camping and had plenty of shade and only a short walk to the creek (it is a creek not a river but still nice to put your feet in and cool down). Put toilets but they were well maintained for how crowded the campground was. Despite the crowds, a lot of the campgrounds are decent size and even if not secluded give you some space. Not my favorite destination but for the area and price it was amazing.

Good place in the mountains

Very large site, a bit off the highway and not well marked but once there it’s pretty great. Fire rings and picnic tables as well as plenty of shady trees make this campground nice and easy.

Beautiful campground

We always Love coming here at least once or twice a year. There are bathrooms and water Spicket‘s throughout the entire campground. Most spots are reservable online 6 months ahead of time. There are many different hiking/biking trails throughout the campground. We stayed in spot 9. The table is on the opposite side if you Back with a trailer. It is nice that this loop as a round about at the end so no through traffic can come through to just drive by. Makes it nice with kids that like to ride bikes.

Product Review: Primus Campfire Pint and Four Seasons Mug. As a Dyrt Ranger I get to try out awesome new gear from outdoor companies. We were very pleased with both cups.  The Pint is a perfect size for all beverages and does let off any condensation.  We dropped the cups a few times and there wasn't any scratches or dents in them.

The Mug look extremely small when first getting it.  But after putting coffee in it and drinking it, it seemed to be just fine.  Kept our coffee at a great temperature also considering the 37 degree mornings.  I would highly advise Primus for all gear needed.

A new gem

For being so close to cottonwood you would never know it. Nice ripairen area along the Verde.

Outdoor living with all the amenities

Stayed here for two weeks. This campground is nestled behind some hills right next to the Verde River. It’s a beautiful setting with a huge variety of sites. There’s a mix of full timers and daily/weekly visitors. The entire staff is very friendly and helpful. I can’t say we met a bad neighbor either, and most were super nice people.

We stayed near the pool lodge. The pool and hot tub were very clean. There is a horseshoe pit, tennis courts, and basketball courts that didn’t seem to get much use. Still, nice to have for people staying longer term.

The only irritation I had was the speed limits. I understand the reasoning, but getting in and out of the park was a pain just because it took so long to drive 5-10 mph for 1-2 mile stretches. Most of that drive is through uninhabited areas, but I think Thousand Trails is just covering their rears for liability sake.

Oh, and internet is almost non-existent. I had a T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon phone, and all were pretty much worthless most of the time. We paid $15 for a week of WiFi, but ended up asking for a refund as it was even more unusable than our phones. Still, you can only ask so much from a campsite when it gets far enough off the grid.

So, overall a great experience, and would definitely love to stay there again in the future.

Any body

I’ love camp grands

Good free camping

Off the beaten path, plenty of camping available.

Good free camping

Off the beaten path, plenty of camping available.

View at dispersed 7

Nice, had to pick up others trash but the view.

Awesome campsite!!!

Love this campsite. Beautiful view of the lake and mountain right by the campsite. Incredibly peaceful and serene. Would definitely recommend!

Lots of sites

Loved the site

Trees were gorgeous

Windy, flies and dust

Hosts were awesome!

Campground was windy daily and flies were Bad.

We were in D5 and flies were plentiful Dawn till Dusk.

Store was well stocked and restrooms were clean.

Wayne and Michelle (Hosts) were Awesome!

1 Star