Minawa Beach , WISCONSIN

Most Recent Minawa Beach Camping Reviews
Clean and nice

Great clean camping. Very nice walking trails. They have a dog swimming area. Though swimming is not great after June/July when the algae gets bad. Great place overall!

Great little campground

Owners were very friendly. Very quiet campground. Nice pool.

Top Notch Remote Sites

I’ve hiked into the Ice Age Trail/Kayak sites for three summers in a row now, and I’ve been pleased each time. The hike is roughly 1 mile from the lots, and the sites are beautifully placed in dunes right on Lake Michigan. There are pit toilets near the sites. These sites offer some of the best beachfront camping I’ve experienced. The hike can be challenging, as the surrounding woods are swampy, even more so during rainy times. That’s to be expected, especially when primitive camping.

Big park

Decent sized park. Nice hiking trails. Raccoons can be a pest and beg for food!

Fun for hiking

Really cool cliffs to climb/ hike. There is also a lime kiln to hike to and see. There are two playgrounds for the kids as well. Beautiful views of Lake Winnebago from high points of the hike

Love the views

Great camping and there are some areas that you can group camp. Great place to take in views of Horicon marsh. The trails and play ground. Just a awesome place to get out and relax

Family Camping at High Cliff

I took my family and my brother’s family for a weekend of camping the weekend of October 23, 24 and 25. Apparently there is an annual trick or treating activity that takes place with the RVs in the campground. It was an unexpected surprise that my kids loved.

The sites themselves were gorgeous because of the fall foliage. They were a bit close to the RV sites which were all alight with Halloween decorations. And there were people partying for most of the night, it was a little loud until about 1 AM.

The hiking was so much fun. The Lime Kiln Ruins were a sight to see for the kids and the path was full of fantastic cliffs for the kids. For me, too.

I have to admit that the weather was cold and overcast. I camped with one child under 10 and she had a hard time with the cold weather at night. The nighttime temps dropped under 30 degrees both nights, it got cold!!! She was a champ, tho.

We had a great time and will visit again.

Beautiful camping on the lake

This is a great state camp ground right on the lake. We stayed in site 123 with an RV and you could hear the waves! There was even a private trail leading out to the beach from our site. Highly recommend one of the 3 spots on the water but all the spots seemed nice and decently private. They also had a great dog beach. We were here during off season and it was very quiet and enjoyable. We plan to come back during the summer for sure!!!

Beautiful Fall camping

Stayed here for 4 days in late October. Site 112 is nice pull through. Lovely state park. Hiking trails are short but nice. Lime kiln trail is difficult but so worth it.

Site 105

Beautiful fall colors! The campsite was large and relatively private. We enjoyed hiking on the trails.