Forest Junction, WISCONSIN

Camping Wisconsin Forest Junction
Most Recent Forest Junction Camping Reviews
One of our Favorites

We enjoy camping at S’more Fun and kayaking on the lake. The owners are very personable. There are no golf carts to watch out for. The owners have one to deliver wood to your campsite but other than that, there are no others. We try to camp there at least once a year.

Good even under duress

Lovely campground right on the shores of Lake Michigan. I accidentally booked a primitive site online, but as it turned out that didn't matter as a storm had ravaged the area the day before and there was no electricity anyway. All of the employees were exceptionally nice, even with the less-than-optimum circumstances. I can't speak to the amenities since the store was closed and we were only using the pit toilets (which were cleaned daily) but between walking along the lake, and playing cards at our campsite (which we had all to ourselves!) we had a very enjoyable time.

Awesome campground !

We are spending a month at Holtwood Campground Oconto, in our motor home, while preparing our boat for winter storage. Loving it here! Spacious sites and nice view! Office staff are so very helpful and patient with me. Just love those girls! And the groundskeepers are constantly working on the landscape. We will for sure be back in 2020!

So cool!!

Loved it, wooded spaces out sites, only a 5 minute walk and your on a huge stretch of beach on Lake Michigan. Local fish fry was fantastic!!

Ranger Review: Red Ledge Free Rein Raincoat at Long Lake, WI

Campground Review

I've been going to Long Lake for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately we haven't camped here in a couple years, but it was really nice to be back.

We visited in September this year, so the campground was much more empty that it is in the summer. It was also cool, so we didn't make it to the beach this year.

One big change was that a lot of the larger trees were knocked down in a storm earlier this year, so many of the campsites have less shade than in the past. The one we were on this time we've camped on before, but the spot we usually pitch our tent was where they put the downed trees, so the site was smaller and sunnier.

I still really love this campground. It has a good amount of non-electric sites, which we prefer. The access to many hiking options in the Kettle Moraine state forest is great, and when it is hot out the lake is nice for swimming.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time, this time I got to test the Red Ledge Free Rein rain jacket.

I've gone through many cheap ponchos, but haven't had a real raincoat since I was a kid. The one I had as a kid was rubbery, stiff, and not breathable. The Red Ledge jacket is nothing like this. It is light, comfortable, and breathes well. It even has zippered arm pits, in case you need to air them out 😊

I've only used it a couple times in the rain, but I can say it worked. If you are spending serious time in the rain I'd suggest rain pants, since this goes only a little past your waist, and your pants are likely to get wet. Red Ledge does have a "Free Rein" pant as well, but I haven't tried them.

I'm not sure whether I would pay for a coat like this, but I don't think it is overpriced. It is a well-made coat with high quality materials. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this rain coat. It is well made, works well, and looks good too.

Nice and quite and friendly and clean

It would be nice if they had sewer at some weekend sites

Great park

Great spot to stay on the way home from Door County. Big secluded sites, loved hearing the waves at night from across the road. Best fish fry right down the road.

Great for kids and adults

We have gone here a few times this summer and have loved it every time. We have gone with groups as well as with just our small 3 person family. We have stayed in a field site as well as wooded sites. The field sites are good for groups and going with friends, if you are looking for a quiet low key experience then go to a wooded site.

There are always themes and activities going on the weekends for our 3-year-old to do which she loves. They have 3 pool areas one for really little ones with a 18" pool and a fun splash pad which are all fenced off so adults can sit in there and not worry about they straying to deeper pools. There are 2 bigger pools also with lots of seating. They have 2 big water slides the kids love going down over and over and even fun for adults to do. There are 2 playgrounds which are a good size and safe.

They even have a little fishing pond, minigolf, and arcade!

I think my favorite part was the office/bar area. They have fresh donuts in the morning as well as coffee. They have a good selection of apparel and toys/gifts/necessities. There is a bar attached to it that has AMAZING food. I was so pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The best part of it is ITS CHEAP! The candy, donuts, food, and drinks are inexpensive which makes it nice to go there. Our tradition is after pumping out going to the bar and ordering buffalo chicken wraps and eating them on their outside tables.

Keep it up quietwoods!

Lots to do

Yes there are lots of things to do to keep the kids busy and the sites are great, but… it is expensive!!

Beautiful Campground

Wonderful and clean beaches and accessible areas for dogs. The sites are nicely sized and the firewood sales are decent and dry! The paved roads in the campground are nice for bike and rollerblading. We loved exploring the the paths to the lake from our site. We will definitely be back soon!

Beautiful campground

I have always loved this campground since I was a teen. We went this past labor day weekend and loved the nice big sites, the paved roads for bikes and rollerblading and the beaches were really clean. We loved just walking around the paths to and from the lake to our site. People were very respectful the firewood was kept in a dry spot (always a pet peeve of mine, some campgrounds dont have the best storage system). Overall great place and we will be back very soon.

Great views

St park pass required in addition to camping fees, fire wood and ice available, ice cream shop not far from park, lots of trails, tower to walk up to, beach not in camping area but close by, on Lake Winnebago, butterfly fishing pond, plenty of fishing. No dogs allowed on beach, some new electrical work was done to add to sites, flush toilets w showers.

Lots of hiking trails

Nice county park

On lake Winnebago w boat landing, can canoe or kayak shoreline if not too windy, hiking trails, kids play area, close to town.  No entrance fee.

There are Indian effigy mounds in park which are burial grounds and are not to be touched.

Very family oriented

Place is filled w activities for kids, heated swimming pool large large pool, water slide, free movies on fri night cartoons sat morning, the tent sites are on a mowed grass area w porta potties, but free showers and restrooms are in park, very crowded on weekends.  Many rentals available pass for water slide includes free mini golf, arcade free games for kids to participate in.

Staff does well to keep up with the crowds, holiday weekends usually live music in pavillion.  Its a place to have fun and enjoy others, not a quiet place, just depends what you are looking for.

It is on lake partridge for fishing and boating activities, also connected to the Waupaca chain of lakes, fishing pond w in park, canoe rental.  They  added a newer section for campers a few years ago, there is one trail for walks but along the lake shore swampy and tooo tooo many mosquitoes.

Great family fun

My dad took me here when I was in junior high. And now I’ve been taking my daughter here for years. Two beaches and a fishing pier make our top list of daytime activities. The Ice Age trail comes through the forest and makes for some nice hiking. Flush toilets and showers are also a great perk!

Very quite, but

Great campground, very quite, extremely clean rest room facilities, lots of trees. Pool is extremely cold! The bar & grill is only open Thursday-Saturday. This is also where you need to go to get items for mini golf and is attached to the ice cream shop, arcade, etc. With this being said it's extremely difficult to get anything for the kids if need be or to get ice if needed. We tried multiple times through out the weekend, either no one was there or wouldn't answer the window. Very disappointing! Especially when you have younger kids that want to play the golf or have ice cream. We were looking forward to eating at the bar & grill. No such luck. We probably would have changed the dates we were staying had we known in advance that everything is pretty much closed Sunday-Wednesday (or at least minimal hours). We weren't even told upon check in on Saturday that they close those days. If want just quiet time to yourself and not worried about all the amenities then this is a great place! Otherwise look elsewhere if those are wanted or needed amenities.

A few nice sites but very loud and very buggy

We had a pretty cool site up on a hill which was awesome. But the noise from the congested RV campgrounds below made it feel less peaceful. I can deal with mosquitos, but the mosquitos here were unbelievable. It seems like a fun way to get out on a lake, but in terms of hiking or rest and relaxation it wasn’t really our thing.

Louder campground. Tent area is quiet.

This campground is a great family oriented campground. There were many seasonal sites that were located in the main portion of the campground. There is a playground and a beach area. You are also able to rent paddle boats to use on the lake. You are also able to check out horse shoes to play and a bar for the adults to enjoy themselves at.

There are three sections to this campground. The main section houses the seasonal sites and cabins that you can rent. There are also some open sites that you can rent by the night. We noticed that this section was much louder than the other two. With the number of people that come up each weekend and the bar there was a decent amount of partying that was happening. We walked back to the back section of the campground, which is past a marshy area, and found this to be quieter. There were also not as many people staying here the weekend we were there. We stayed in the front section of the campground, which has smaller camping spaces for rent. This was the quietest area of the campground, especially not many others were camping the weekend that we went. After walking around the rest of the campground, we decided to stay near our site since it was so quiet there.

The main section of this campground is very open with few trees. There were trees along the walk to the back section, but again it was open once you arrived there. The front section had the most trees, but was still fairly open. Water was located next to the bathroom and the bathrooms were clean.

I would try this campground again if we had children, because there would be things for them to do. However, if we would be going by ourselves and we were planning on staying somewhere for hiking and for peace and quiet, I would choose another place to stay.

Affordable place to stay near Oshkosh

$15 a night for a site with electric hookup! Dump station and fresh water on site. Large gravel sites are flat but not secluded. Max of 2 week stay.

Expensive

Expensive and not much to do. Attractions are shut down most of the time. Won't be going back.

Nice Campground

Sites are big, lots of room with fire ring and picnic table. Easy access to the lake with miles of lakeshore and some beach areas. Hiking wasn’t the best, mosquitoes own the trails. We were there mid August, early in the week, so it was fairly quiet…most noise was barking dogs from campers.

we went 8/10,weather was nice,beach campground 924 spot was close to showers and restrooms.Good and close plase for gateway,its onlu 2,30 hours from Chicago

Very quiet, clean, and friendly.

Sites were clean. The staff were very friendly, respectful and kind. The scenery is beautiful.

Ok

Most of the spots are set up for RVS with little privacy. Right on the river with access to the water for kayaking and stuff.

Small family run campground

We stayed here for memorial day weekend. We had a grass non hookup spot next to the pond. It got super hot but we had a nice breeze come in from lake Michigan that made it tolerable. It was a nice clean campground. They had wagon rides for the kids and a chainsaw carver come in and make statues. It was really neat to watch that. Small store to but necessities.

Good family campground

Family friendly campground. Plenty for the kids to do. Theres a fishing pond (catch and release) arcade, jumping pillow etc. Owners are friendly and helpful. Have events almost every weekend. Check it out. You wont be disappointed.

Family Fun

Tons of things to do for the whole family. The pool and waterslide is perfect for hot days. My family really enjoyed the “Hey Ride”

Will be returning!!

Amazing campground!

This campground has been my favorite so far this year! Great customer service and the other campers were the best. The seasonals were all friendly and welcoming. The other weekenders were all friendly and respectful as well. Upon arriving we were checking in and the owner was explaining where our site was. She asked if we ever have been there before, I told her no. She said she had a last minute cancellation and moved us to a different site just down the road from the store/bar/game room. She said its a better site, the site was amazing! Big and spacious, had tree coverage. It was a corner site so it had busy traffic, we were ok with that as we met many new people and it was close to everything for our kids. There were plenty of activities for the kids and adults. Theres a man made swimming pond, filtered and aerated. Like i mentioned before an arcade for the kids and a onsite store with all the basic necessities if you forgot something. Bar served food if you didnt want to cook. Everyone was respectful and quiet at a decent time. They had motion activated street lights to light up the roads at night when needed without staying on all night. They have water/elec sites. As well as rustic tent sites. You wont be disappointed with this place! Definitely will be going here again.

We went here for labor day a couple years back. It was a nice clean campground. It doesn't have a full-time attendant. Self register upon arriving. The morning time the park manager comes through and checks in, cleans the bathrooms etc. Its close to the city if you forget something (I mean we all forget something at some point). Across the street is a swimming area. Little beach and floating dock. Has a small fishing area by the boat launch. Pretty weedy and the dock is shared with people coming in or out with their boat. Smaller fish perfect for younger kids. You can fish further down by the bridge as well. Sites seemed to all be decent size. Plenty of 5th wheels or camper trailers. (At the time we had a tent). We did have some loud neighbors from Illinois. They partied until 2 or 3 in the morning. We talked to the park manager in the morning and he was very helpful. He apologized and talked to the group. We didnt have any other issues the rest of the weekend. Running water and showers at the bathrooms. They were cleaned every morning and then checked on at night. Scenery was great, you could walk across the street and watch the sunrise over green lake. We will definitely stop here again.

Wonderful Friendly Experience

The staff was great to work with finding a campsite on a walk-in. The campsite was very clean and read for us to set up our tent. The hiking and lookouts were breath taking