Aberdeen, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Aberdeen Camping Reviews
Great park

We pulled in late at night and on off season and they still accommodated us!

Good only for a quick overnight stop when driving on I-5

(This review written by a 10 and 12 year old). When we stopped by for a quick visit in October (end of the season), we first saw the picnic area. It had a lot of benches that were wood with scratches and pieces missing. The picnic area had bathrooms. In the center were sinks and metal BBQs. The BBQ hinges were broken and swung out awkwardly. Nearby the sinks did not have running water, and looked pretty gunky.

Across the field from the picnic area, was a closed gate that had blackberry brambles covering it. Beyond the gate was a bridge that looked like it hadn't been walked on for a bit. There were plants growing on it and the gate was locked.

Further down the road from the picnic area was the campground. Each spot had an electric hookup, water spigot, and an ok picnic table. Near the campground host and just beyond the bathrooms was a dump station ($3).

The women's bathroom had chipping paint and floor, older stalls with unflushed things, the showers had musty curtains that weren't clean. When you turned on the sink just slightly, nothing came out. When you turned it all the way on, it splurts out spraying everything in a two foot parameter around you.

The men's bathroom had the same chipping walls and floor. There were two open urnials with pink urinal cakes, two stalls, and some similar showers to the women's restroom. Except no tampon machine.

Up the road from the RV park was a river, but there were signs saying the banks were hazardous. Now your hopes of swimming in the river is annihilated.

There are many spaces, but they are very close together. If it were full, you would feel quite packed in.

If you are driving on I-5 and need a safe, quiet place to spend the night, this would do just fine in a pinch.

There are nice sports fields and a small playground if you need to stretch your legs.

Nice place

Stayed in loop 4 was a nice camp ground, clean and fairly level. Full hookups and a fire pit.

Fall Camping

This campground is amazing! Our group stayed in loop C and we had a blast. The campground was very clean, even the bathroom :) So many trails all over the campground to enjoy while your here, it was a very quiet aswell. You can hear the shooting at gravel pit but it’s not very loud at all. Also the host is super nice and willing to answer any questions.

Small, Beautiful

Only 16 RV sites, which I find is a plus. All have views of beautiful Hood Canal. There are several cabins on the property, as well as a small inn. Property is well maintained. Would have given five stars, if not for the noise from the 101, which is just feet away. All in all, a very nice campground.

What a fun place

Love this place and love camping in the woods and right on the lake it’s a great place for kids

Nice setting

This is a nice campground, with room for drop in camping. It is very close to the main road and not very quiet. The campsites were well maintained as were the bathrooms. Our campsite was very wooded and visually pretty private, despite road traffic very nearby. The day use beach area was great for launching a kayak, and has a boat ramp for larger vessels. Willaby creek offers a nice setting for walks and picnics.

A lovely spot, even in the rain.

It was pouring rain when I arrived, but the next morning it cleared for a couple of hours. The weather kept me from exploring as much as I wanted, however the campsite itself was worth it. I wish I had another day to spend hiking. I'll definitely return.

Best campsite on the way to the valley

This is located 9.5 miles down the trail to the Enchanted Valley. This is usually a quiet campsite as most hikers stop at O'Neil Creek which is only 6.7 miles. If you aren't too tied it is worth pushing on down the trail to Pyrites Creek. The campsite are flat and the river is beautiful.

Popular campsite on trail to the valley

O'Neil Creek is a popular spot for hikers headed to the Enchanted Valley as it is basic the half way point. The best campsite is the furthest back one under the maple tree. You have hang food up on the bear wire. If you are a hammock camper there are plenty of trees here to strap to. The creek is cool and refreshing.

If you're not too tied I would recommend continuing down the trail an extra mile or so to Pyrites Creek as it is typically less crowded.

Beautiful Trail

This is located on the east fork off the Quinault River just North of the Quinault River. To get here you take the Graves Creek Trailhead 2.7 miles. There is camping just past the bridge. The campsite is on one of my favorite trails that leads to the Enchanted Valley.

Awesome stay!

Serene winding trails to the breathtaking beach. Beautiful sites… But… Wish there were more with hookups. It was quite a ways to get water…  Despite the online note saying Pad Maneuverability is “good”, our site required a very sharp back-in turn, with a “wrong way” sign strategically placed right in the way, just to make it extra special.  People are so friendly: the Teardrop Rally gang were watching me struggling to back the trailer into place (for the first time I might add!) and cheering me on, and then gave me a STANDING O when I finally got that sucker parked!  I took a bow!  Hey Teardrop Rally folks: Thanks so much for the encouragement!  Can we be honorary members? We’d like to hang with you super cool and awesome Peeps!…

Hidden gem on the coast

Usually the coast is off limits for me, due to the overcrowding. Westport, WA is a nice exception. Great seafood, and plenty of water based activities. Try visiting the nearby Westport Winery for good food, great wine and a beautiful garden.

Very nice

Great place by the river for one night stay travel through. Owner manager was very nice

HUGE campground, but nice sites

One of the things I hate is hearing a ton of people around me while I’m camping. This campground is huge and very popular with families, but because of how close it is to the beach and a pretty constant wind you really don’t hear anybody around you. I was aware of kids running around, but never really heard them.

Our site was really big and lots of trees for hammocks & tents with a nice table and fire ring. The sites are really flat and clean with bathroom & showers located nearby.

This entire park is VERY pet friendly. Keep your furry friends on a leash and you can take them on any of the trails in the park. Keep in mind that the beach is VERY windy and my mutt was fine walking downwind, but when we turned around she was very unhappy being very low to the ground with sand blowing in her face.

There are lots of places to explore, a decomposing whale on the beach (stay upwind!), a nice lighthouse (under construction when I visited) and very close to Long Beach.

Next to the ocean

The campground is first come first served small sites that are cramped together but close to the ocean. $15 per night.

I was charged for two nights despite only booking one, but got a refund

I booked my one-night stay here 5 months in advance and received a confirmation email for my stay. The night before my stay, I received a phone call asking if I would be arriving that night or the next morning. Confused(as I had booked my stay for the next night only) I stated I would check in on the day of my reservation. When I arrived I was told that the cabin had actually been booked for two nights for a wedding I was attending and If I did not pay for both nights, then the bride and groom would have to pay for my room(which I did not book and did not use) the night before my reservation. The staff was very terse, offered no real explanation, and did not seem to care that I had a confirmation email for one night only. Their response was simply,"if you don't pay then the bride and groom will have to cover your reservation", which again, I had not made for two nights. I paid the full amount they required so that I could still stay for the time I had booked, but I will have to contest it with my bank if I want my money back. Aside from the extra charge, I would like to point out that at no time was I informed that my reservation was for two days. If they had notified me of this at any time, it is possible that I would have come a day earlier and enjoyed myself. Unfortunately, I had no idea that I had an extra day reserved, that I had to pay for, and actually had to waste some time in Long Beach before I could check in. The owner offered me a refund for the night I did not book after reading my review and I am happy with that. The facility is as advertised and has a nice open space, tree cover, and is very close to a nice beach to walk on and nice houses nearby. That aside, the facilities were fine, pretty much as expected.

Nice park next to the beach

Very nice tent portion of the campground, short walk to the beach, beach is very long and uncrowded, although they allow driving on it.

RV spots with hookups are lined up next to each other, very little space between.

Nice to have full hookups but we opted for a tent spot with our camper.

Surprising unknown campground on Deep Lake

Separated tent and RV sites, sites are spacious, a very pretty and clean lake, Beer Garden at the lake, clean bathrooms, shower requires tokens but shortens the shower time if you have to wait.

We had a large group of four families and it accommodated us very well.

This was our second time staying there and was not disappointed.

Easy access, not far from I-5

Beautiful forest campground. We loved this campground because there is plenty of room for all the campers. Clean and well kept.

Nice and well mantained

The bathrooms were very clean and the place to camp is nice. The campground is relax (near beautiful lake) and everybody very respectful. There were a lot of dogs but all of them with leash. There was some noise from the route near by that was a little disturbing.

Nice, Clean and Quiet

We were only here for one night, but it was a very nice campground that is steps away from the ocean. All of the facilities were clean and everything seemed to be well taken care of. I would definitely visit this campsite again!

Easy hike, amazing scenery

Wife and I drove the Juan de Fuca highway to Cape Disappointment in April 2019, and it was great. As a fan of Twilight, my wife was at least aware of the area. We parked at the lot, and did the easy hike out to the cape. I was surprised at the upkeep of the boardwalk along the path. Anyway, it's a nice little setup with a few picture taking decks. The views out on the tip are incredible.

Words can’t describe

This campground was amazing it was so well taken care of and the sites were spread out giving you enough room to not be on top of the next person. Wasn’t too far from the lake was easily walkable and taken care of swimming area was not covered in seaweed. Would totally recommend to anyone that asked me where to camp in Olympia and will definitely plan a trip there again.

Country Comfort Hidden Away

Drove north through spectacular forest farm scenery on the way to the Squat Spot, which fits right into that vibe and adds the beauty of the Washington Pacific coast (3 blocks away, including an 11-mile strip you can drive on) and Grays Harbor a short drive north. This is a large fenced area with a lot of charm, including cows, old buildings and cars, homemade sturdy benches, hand-painted signs, solar night lights and an undeveloped trail into dense forest. A warm welcome from a host and the distant sounds of light highway traffic and ocean waves beyond that lead to peaceful sleep. As I slept right along the fence, owl sounds from almost right above me were what I woke up to. The individual campsites and host availability needed to be more clearly defined, and a country shower space would be an awesome touch. But if you’re looking for a bit of an easier, more peaceful experience than your standard state and county park faire, Washaway might indeed fit your bill.

Oceanside camping

89 W/50amp/no sewer. Large, paved, level, private campsites. Walk through the dunes to the beach to put your feet in the ocean.

The Dunes

27 $40 per night for W/S/30amp/G. Friendly, very accommodating, & welcome service. Very rustic with no access to the beach because of Copalis River blocking the way. Close to Quinault Casino & Ocean Shores. If you need a place to stay because it’s the weekend and the state parks are booked, you will find one here.

Campsite 59

Right on the ocean at Pacific Beach, this campground is small, but so close to the water. The sand is wonderful & the views are magnificent! No sewer or water hookups & no campfires except on the beach. Totally worth the visit!

River side campground

This campground is located along side the Satsop river. The campsites are nice and the fishing is even better.

Beautiful Hood Canal

Our campsite #40 was plenty spacious enough to accommodate our 30’ 5th wheel with room left over to park our truck too. Overhead trees provided a nice shade canopy. Nice walk to the beach from our campsite. Hood Canal is beautiful. It’s close to the Lucky Dog Casino and a place selling freshly caught king salmon that they fillet for you right there. North on 101, don’t miss Hama Hama seafood! We picked up fresh Dungeness crab and local oysters for dinner. Lake Cushman is worth the trip to see although I would skip going all the way to the end of the lake as the road is dusty gravel and very busy.