Water Unknown
National Park Service
South Beach is located in Olympic National Park in Washington
6 Reviews of South Beach
Next to the ocean

The campground is first come first served small sites that are cramped together but close to the ocean. $15 per night.

Enjoy the ocean breeze

This is the best place I ever set up a tent. To smell the ocean and it’s calming effects is probably the most relaxed I’ve felt in a long time. I just saw a sign on the road and decided to turn and I ended up here and was so happy there were still tent sites still available. It’s first come first serve and it’s worth it! I will come back again!

Overlooking the Beach

This campground is awesome.  Waking up in your tent to the sounds of crashing waves and drinking your coffee on the bluff looking out over the ocean is as relaxing as it gets.  THe campground is about 50 spots that are tightly packed with nice restrooms.  THe beach is accessible to roam miles each way.  Bring water.

Open campground on a bluff overlooking the ocean

This is a 50 or so spot open campground. Trails down to the beach, which is filled with driftwood, rocks and beautiful sand. You can watch whales from your site. It's a short drive to the House National Rain Forest. There are many things to do in the area.

near the beach

What a great experience camping so near to the beach. The park is lovely- so many different areas to check out and experience. Our campsite was average. It was somewhat busy while we were there, but this is an ideal campground so that makes sense. Very pleased with our stay here and I recommend it.

Noisy, but so Scenic and Memorable

The downside of the beach side campgrounds on the Olympic Peninsula are their close proximity to the busy road. The upside of the beach side campgrounds is you are feet from a ridiculously beautiful beach full of life and so much to see. You could live on the beach your whole life and not see it all.