Water Unknown
National Park Service
Graves Creek is located in Olympic National Park in Washington
7 Reviews of Graves Creek
Needs some work

Spent one night on 4/22/19, granted it’s still early in the season, the camp hasn’t been very maintained. The drive from Quinault is partly paved but mostly dirt road with lots of potholes. I love how secluded it is, and i’m sure it’s well kept in the summer but this was too early.

Peaceful campground in the rainforest.

We stayed here during our trip to Olympic National Park. The campground was in one of the National Park's rainforest areas and felt quite magical. The sites are first come, but we didn't have trouble getting a site in late September. There is no potable water, so make sure to bring what you need or filter from the Quinault River. You do have to travel down a gravel road to get to the campsite. Just a bit further down the road is the trailhead to a few hikes. We did the Pony Bridge 5 mile out and back hike, which was beautifyl! The lack of potable water and shower facilities is a bit of a down side, but the beauty of the campgrounds makes up for that!

I could live here.

I stayed here twice around July 4th this year, and couldn't believe the was space available! You can't make reservations, but the ranger at the Quinault Ranger Station told us there were spots available, so it may be worth stopping there to ask if they have any info on space.

The campground has one working bathroom but no sinks or potable water. Sites 1-5 and 17-20 are my favorites because they back up on the river.

There is a beautiful (and freezing) swimming hole behind the campground, and this time of year its bursting with huckleberries :)

Quinault Rainforest

It was a great experience. The rainforest was beautiful and there is a one mile nature hike near the campground and several trailheads close by. And just down the road is the largest spruce tree in the world. The bathrooms were a bit rough but the campground had a lot of open spaces.

Lush Rainforest

I loved this campground! Deep into the Quinault Rainforest, about 6 miles of unpaved road before you reach the campground. There is a river nearby, but only about 2-3 sites back up to it. The campsites are quite open, so not a ton of privacy, but the bathrooms were functional and clean. I arrived at 6pm on a Wednesday and there were about 7-8 sites available. I stayed in spot A25, which is on the opposite side of the river, but the views of the mossy trees and ferns were enough for me! Not surprised that I woke up to heavy rain in the middle of the night, since it is a rainforest. I'd love to stay here again!

What isn't to like?

Set aside the Quinault River, this spacious campground is 2 miles from where you park as of Sept 2016 and sits at the trailhead to the Enchanted Valley. The bathrooms are a little rough but the scenery is unbelievable. The spots all have fire rings and tables and are well spaced. because it is now a 2 mile walk, we didn't encounter very many people here but were told it fills up on busy weekends and holidays.

another beautiful campground

This was a campground that we passed during our time in Olympic national park, and as we checked out the sites we decided we want to camp here. Just the drive to the campground was beautiful! The sites were wooded and a good number of them were on a river. We saw a great deal of wildlife in the campground as we checked it out as well. There were a couple neat hikes in the area that we did.