Camping in Smith Beach

312 Reviews of 21 Smith Beach, Virginia Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Pretty good

Pull through sites are level. Sites are a little closer than I’m used to but it’s not bad because of the way the sites are on an angle.

Jerry D.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Tall Pines

I work service & Repair on Rv and Campers. So in and outs tall pines is one a few decent locations. Stay on the main road to there do not go off on the side roads. Davis island down the road to the bay is a nice town but no attractions

Sitemaintenance
Christina  E.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lots of fun!

Stayed this past weekend at Cherrystone and had a blast! Pools weren’t open yet but there was so much else to do we didn’t mind. Played around on the paddle boats and mini golf (included in site price), swam in the bay, did tie dye and played candy bar bingo! Bathrooms were very clean and…

T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great location near historic sites.

Clean, safe & filled with families. Lots of space assigned to each site. No septic per site but convenient dumping station. Large, spacious park with trails & other activities.

• One of the play areas
  • One of the play areas
SiteB66
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Quiet campground on the water

We liked camping here. Rustic but with hook ups. Nice big pier for fishing. Not too much in the area. We did some bike rides. Take your groceries bc the grocery stores aren’t great.

Site?
AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Nice and close to the beach

Great little trails to the beach. The RV areas had zero privacy. The tent camping area had a lot more privacy but the bathrooms in that area were not as clean.

SiteRV spot and Tent spot
James T.The Dyrt PRO User

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User

Wow!

This place has everything you could ever need. I had tons of fun! If I could give them more stars, I would. The people like to play late into the night on the weekends. This did not bother me.

Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

It’s ok

I know most people love this park but I’m not a beach sand mosquito loving person. Site was kinda small and not level.

Siteelectric and water
Month of VisitOctober
Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Big Campground! Lovely beach

Booked an electric/water hookup site for me and my friend, who has a camper- the site was smallish and close to other sites but still felt secluded. The beach was lovely- bit of a walk to the beach but worth it. Lots of trails if a break from the beach is needed. Bathhouse near to us was okay-…

Quintin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

First trip of the season

We enjoyed our stay in site 66. Good shade and fir our stay great breeze. Bathrooms are plentiful with lots of hot water.

Our site could have used some gravel but overall a great place to spend a few days.

Month of VisitApril
Quintin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great stay at Belle Isle

First time here for us. Sites and big and for the most part lots of space between. A couple of sites are close and could be buddy sites. Bathroom was clean and typical for a state park. We will be back.

e
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Beach fun

Overall experience was excellent. Only negative was the bathroom was a mess no matter what time of day. I didn’t expect perfection however I did expect better.

SiteD11
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Great Location

This is a great campground on the Eastern Shore of VA. As with most VA state parks, it's popular with RV's and campers, but it was great for tent camping as well. There are numerous trails and water/beach access points throughout the park. The sites are spacious, and even though it has a lot of…

SiteF19, F20
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Great beach location & snack bar!

Definitely loved the view of the water at the beach and the drinks at Jackspot. You can order them online and go pick them up - which we loved. Many options including smoothies for kids!

The spots were pretty tight, but we assumed as much. The bathhouse was superb! So clean and bright/airy. The…

• beach