Camping in Germans Corner

302 Reviews of 79 Germans Corner, Virginia Campgrounds

Mea H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2021

5-star service

This campground has 5-star service, which is good to know before you pay the premium price for the sites which really are standard 4-star campsites. Our mode of camping: a campervan. Reason for staying: to be stationary for a few days.

[Internet. Verizon via iPhone 12: 9 mbps down and 1.4…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Great campsite close to DC.

3rd time we stayed here. Here to work in my office for a week in person during COVID telework. Convenient to the National Forest with great hiking. Plenty of restaurants and grocery stores.

SiteE-11
Kristina D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

RV park near Mathews VA

This is a nice park. My first time with Thousand Trails and it’s odd that you pick your spot once you get there. They were trying online check in but it didn’t work. Very clean quiet at night. This is a huge campground and lots to see and do.

Sitebacked up to river
Pam W.
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Fabulous place to camp

We've stayed a couple weekends here and liked it so much we decided to stay a month at a time! Great place, friendly people, very reasonable priced.

Sitec4
M
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Great campsites

The campsites here were great! Perfect for everyday camping with lots of activities around the area, including beaches, hiking trails, a park, and more. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to explore the area!

SiteB37
Joe C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Secluded

Part of Patuxent River Naval Air Station. Pretty remote. Rained while we where there and the ground was very saturate so the puddles where quite large.

SiteB4
Kristina D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Two night stay

Great camp ground and it was so empty here! Huge lots that are very level. Hiking and biking. Pool and beaches.

• fossil beach
SiteB20
Heather S.
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Sandwiched in on all sides! And the noise!!

This is a 4 acre parking lot with a good number and quality of very small amenities (pool, dog park) with 60 “sites” sandwiched between roads and very active train tracks. It is NOT a campground.

Owners for several generations have built out the space well but never should have started. Then…

Jeff C.
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Great Campground

All of the spaces have concrete pads, full hook-ups, and cable TV. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even stopped when I was walking my trash to the dumpster and gave me a ride to dump the trash. Would definitely recommend.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Great spot with hookups by PW park

If you, like me, hate making reservations over the phone, it was worth it! Quick, simple, painless process.

Restrooms/showers: very clean, spacious, centrally located. My spot was in the back row and I didn't mind the walk

Lots: lots are really staggered/ set back from each other so…

• Campground Map
  • PW forest park
  • Next to an occupied lot - stagger makes it feel like you have more space
SiteF4
Jocelyn B.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Sites are downright intimate

The title says it all, the sites are extremely close. Tent campers are an absolute afterthought here, as the sites are in the back and the bathhouse is in the front. But hey, if you can afford a literal house on wheels, you might enjoy this place. The amenities are nice I guess.

Cristina G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Site 58 was nice and private

Really enjoyed this park especially since it is so close to Washington DC. The sites were fairly level and shaded with a fire ring and picnic table. Verizon cell coverage was good. The comfort house with showers and flush toilets was clean. My only minor complaint would be during the weekend there…

Sean R.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Great for fishing/boating

Had a guys weekend here with my Brother and my 4 year old son. Had a great time. Every park ranger we met was nice and helpful.

There is only one camping loop which connects to the marina/park area via a foot bridge. With camping you were granted boat launching access. There was a nice fishing…

b
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Expensive for people traveling

I found it expensive for a tent site. No electric or water and was over $40. Out of area fee and a transaction fee (I even paid cash) If your traveling looking for a cheaper place to park for the night, this is not it.

Siteone in the campground