Standard (Tent/RV)
About Devils Garden Campground

Devils Garden Campground is located deep within the heart of beautiful Arches National Park in Southeastern Utah, at an elevation of approximately 5200 ft.. The campground is situated among natural sandstone arches and fins and is only 18 miles north of the parks entrance and 23 miles from Moab, Utah.

Natural Features:

The campground is forested with mixed stands of Utah juniper and pinyon pine. Flowering prickly pear cacti, yucca and other desert wildflowers dot the landscape, offering vivid color to the surrounding red rock desert.

Arches National Park has the highest concentration of natural arches in the world. Over 2,500 of these unusual rock formations can be found here. Towering spires, fins and balanced rocks complement the arches, creating a remarkable assortment of landforms in a relatively small area. The park is within an arid, high desert environment with hot summers and cold winters.

Recreation:

Hiking trails are abundant in Arches, including the Broken Arch Trail, a scenic loop with a trailhead conveniently located within the campground. Trails are varied and offer something for everyone, from the easy 0.3-mile loop around Balanced Rock to the steep and strenuous 3-mile round-trip trail to Delicate Arch. Other recreational activities in the park include guided hiking tours of the Fiery Furnace, an off-road vehicle route, road biking and picnicking.

Facilities:

Devils Garden contains 51 campsites that are available for reservation (Including the two group sites and one accessibility site), offering visitors a great opportunity to stay overnight in a unique national park. Roads and parking spurs are paved, allowing smooth access for all types of travelers. A campground host is located on-site. Flush toilets and drinking water are provided, and campsites contain picnic tables and fire rings. The park does not have dump stations, or electric, water, or sewer hook-ups for RVs. There are also no showers.

Nearby Attractions:

Southeastern Utah offers breathtaking scenery, hiking, road and mountain biking opportunities, rafting and scenic driving routes. Canyonlands National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park are within a 45-minute drive of Arches entrance. Moab offers numerous restaurants, shops and museums. The desert around Moab is a mountain bikers dream, with hundreds of miles of slickrock and single-track trails for all riding abilities.

ACTIVITIES

Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 40 ft.
Devils Garden Campground is located in Arches National Park in Utah
Directions
From I-70, take Exit 182. Travel south for 26 miles to the park entrance. Take the park road 18 miles to Devils Garden. From Moab, take Highway 191 north for 4.5 miles to the park entrance. Take the park road 18 miles to Devils Garden.
59 Reviews of Devils Garden Campground
Stunningly beautiful

Spectacular views from each campsite. Each campsite is unique. It’s a real treat to stay here. The beauty is remarkable & you won’t soon forget it. I hope to be able to return here one day.

Great site and beautiful view

Great campsite with a stunning sunrise. We were located right across from the amphitheater so we were a short distance from Skyline Arch. We had bathrooms but no showers. Bathrooms were clean and in good condition.

Perfect location

Very nice location, great access to nice hikes.

such a cool site!

This was a beautiful site with really nice facilities! Clean bathrooms and drinking water. Sites were spread out and felt secluded which was nice. We stayed one night and were able to watch the sunset at delicate arch and then only have a 2 min drive to our campsite. Watch out for large rocks in the driveways..:/

Breathtaking views

I made the mistake of tent camping in July when I stayed here, and needless to say, the temps were sweltering in both the day and night. This said, I have also yet to stay in such a fantastically magical desert environment. Completed several hikes amongst the plentiful rock formations and witnessed some of the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets.

CLOSED CAMPGROUND / PARK RATING

The campground during my visit was closed, but I was able to enjoy the breathtaking views the rest of my scenic visit offered me. 10/10 would recommend to atleast go and visit it, it is a bit pricey in my opinion if you are just going to go for a few hours, but worth it if you are going to be making a whole day or a few days out of it (it is $30 per car but you are allowed to stay for 7 days as the park doesn’t close, unsure if that includes camping)

Breathtaking!

We enjoyed this campground! We traveled in mid May to Arches National Park and unfortunately encountered quite a bit of rain. The campground itself is situated deep in the park and takes about 20-30 min to drive to from the front gates of the national park. The bathrooms are very clean, although no soap is provided (just hand sanitizer) so bring your own! There is also a dishwashing station which is very convenient. The campground is in a perfect spot in the park to do a lot of the major hiking.

The reason I am providing only four stars is due to the location of our specific campsite number. It is out in the open with no form of shade or protection. If you are wanting some protection from the elements (whether that is rain or sun), I would suggest sites 28-49 as they appear to have some trees and rock formations closer to them.

Overall we enjoyed our time here!

Lovely Peaceful Campground

I loved staying at this campground. Arches National Park was our first stop on a road trip we did last summer. National Parks can often feel a little over crowded, almost like an amusement park, but the Devil’s Garden campground felt nice and secluded and peaceful, away from the crowds and buses. The campsites are nestled in between the amazing rocks that the park is famous for. My boyfriend and I loved watching the sunset from our campsite, which was #7. If you are planning on spending a day or more at Arches, I would definitely recommend staying at Devils Garden, but make sure you plan ahead because they fill up fast. I reserved our spot about 5 or 6 months before our trip.

Horrible Park Service

The horrible park service at Arches and recreation.org have problems. Reservations that cancel and show available as "Walk-In" are not. The rangers sell those cancelled reservations to campers who are already staying at the campground and would like extra days. They discouraged us from trying to be there to get any spots opening the next morning and said they were probably all sold, any of the sites that said first come first serve, on recreation.org. Such a disorganized mess. They dont even keep a tally or list as to what they have sold or to which camper. Claim because of no cell service. But they have radios. And a list of cancelled reservations to sell that morning. Such a BS way of running a camp. Reservations only. Which sell out 6 months in advance and go on sale on a certain day. What a mess Arches NP was. Lines to the highway every day, 30+ min to get into the park, nope. Not my style.

Perfect campground

This spot is incredible. It backs up to some beautiful rocks and the sunrise was to die for. The spots are spread out and nestled between rocks and brush. Quiet, but small campground.