Standard (Tent/RV)
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Dispersed Camping is located in Utah
3 Reviews of Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Dispersed Camping
Complete silence in the mountains!

Stayed 7/15/20 - FREE

I turned down road 464 and found a spot to the left, after a rough little dip(in a sedan).

I was coming from Wyoming and 464 was not too far past Mirror Lake Campground and just before Lilly Lake, on the right.

There were some rough patches, and after that last dip, I decided I shouldn’t push my luck any further. There was a site to the left as soon as I pushed through and it was perfect. The night was extremely silent. Very private, although you could see neighbors. Sitting under the stars with my fire, I was lucky enough to have a neighbor play some guitar and sing. It was an awesome night! The stars were incredible. A great little spot in the mountains!

No facilities. I had ZERO AT&T service from the moment I crossed state lines from the north.

So many options

Loved my camping experience here. If you go early enough in the day to scope out sites, you get a lot of freedom with what experience you will have. You can take some dispersed sites that are fairly grouped together which makes noise from other sites an issue but has lots of visual privacy. The farther you go up the road past squaw peak, the more open fields and meadows you’ll find that provide amazing views.

Dispersed camping at Ruth Lake

Camped here early last October and was surprised to end up having a very snowy adventure! The hike in is less then a mile and offers incredibly views. Makes for a very easy backpacking trip. Multiple dispersed campsites are easily identified by fire rings. High altitude means extreme weather is common so prepare accordingly!