Castle Dale, UTAH

Camping Utah Castle Dale
Most Recent Castle Dale Camping Reviews
small

Planned on staying here but drove in to the tiny camp ground and changed our minds. Bathroom house was gross and dirty.

All the Splendor, half the crowds

This gem, not far out of Castledale Utah is a real treat. It's perfect for a quick weekend or day trip, and has enough to do to support a longer stay. To start, the canyon rim is breathtaking, having coffee in the morning as the sun rises, or a cocktail or wine as it sets just puts your soul back in alignment again. There are some official campsites, however they were full and we had to dry, primitive camp. This was more than fine because we got to be closer to the rim, had privacy and was still relatively close to the vault toilets. This is a have to see it place, and its perfect for larger families with ample room. ATVS are a common recreation in the area so if you have one this is perfect. This is Desert, so it will be hot. This is also Mountainous so it might get cold fast, so pack accordingly. Food is a pretty good drive away, but not terrible, water is scarce as you would imagine. Bring plenty of both. Pack in pack out. Enjoy.

Very quiet

This was a lovely way to start our vacation. We had a space that overlooked the lake.

Just be sure you have long enough water and electric hose. The park is directional and our water and power services were on the wrong side. But other than that is was great.

Close to U.M. Creek. The views are amazing!!

This is a GEM if you like to not see a lot of people and love the outdoors. This is a first come first serve camp area and there is no picnic tables and few out houses so please pack out your garbage and keep this area beautiful. There is some amazing fly fishing in the creeks and lakes in this area. The dirt road is well maintained and you can get a car or truck or trailer in no problem. Lots of amazing trails for side by sides and 4 wheelers.

Trees near the river

Great little area with trees near the river. Awesome hammock trees. Swimming holes in the river.

Amazing stay

I stayed at the lake cabin, had an amazing time, the place was so great, view from the porch was truly spectacular!

Great Hidden Gem

We loved the mature landscaping, great shade and plenty of space between campsites! Awesome clean showers and bathrooms, and the golf course is right next door! We loved staying here, and we will definitely be back!

Great primitive style campground with a view.

This is a primitive style campground on the Thousand Lake mountain range. You can look over and see into the desert on one side and see Fish lake mountain range on the other. We use this campground during the elk hunt and there is still lots of room. there are picnic tables and fire pits and out house style bathrooms. No hook ups but you can't beat the view of this camp site.

Great Family Location - Bridges Creekside

Located on the creek and to the north of the road from the Bridges Campground is a two spot family campground. The spot is first come, first serve with a check out time of 1:00 PM. Cost is $5 per vehicle per night with a fee station at the sign. Because of the proximity to the creek and lack of pit toilets on this side of the road, campers must have black/grey tanks.

The creek is absolutely beautiful and the upper spot has a nice fire ring and picnic table while the lower spot has a fire ring only. The only drawback is the dead timber present in the whole canyon from a 2012 wildfire.

Nice find well off the beaten path!

Decided to camp here at dusk one night. We were headed North of Price to Kamas and the Mirror Lake Byway when we decided to cut a few driving hours off the day and pull in. Very pleased with our choice. Campground was all but empty so we took our pick of good sites. Vaults were clean and sites were spacious. Very quite and peaceful! The perfect tent spot!

Annual Camping Trip Location

We stay in this campground every year. The views are beautiful and it’s great camping, four wheeling, and fishing at the many nearby reservoirs. You can even take Miller Flat Road all the way down to Joe’s Valley. Due to the elevation it’s best to plan to stay here in July or August; if it’s been a snowy winter it probably won’t open in June. There is no water or trash bins; pack in, pack out.

open space and very clean!!!!

drove from fort collins to raft green river down to confluence, stayed here before we put in.. super clean bathrooms, campsites were spread out, not too close and not noisy, great access to boat ramp, and friendly staff!!!  would definitely come back and probably will next month to do green river again!!

Great cabins for the cost.

I really want to give a poor review so no one else will take my future reservations.  However, they really are in a great location and easily accessible.  The Dwelling is large enough to hold a really big family or two couples with small children.  The cabin is pretty small but large enough for a family of four.  Both have showers, toilet, with running water.  The lake is about a mile down the road. The nearest open boat dock is on the other side of the lake (~3 miles).  The ATV trails are endless and right out the driveway is access to Skyline Drive AKA God's Country.  Fishing is good at Joe's spring and fall. Summer time is better for swimming and wake boarding.  The smaller lakes and ponds are better suited for summertime fishing.  Luckily the are short drives.  Not much of a rock climber but I know the only reason my in-laws come is to go drag themselves up a rock while I wet a fly.  Overall a pretty laid back place to spend a few days relaxing.

Such a beautiful area.

Family comes here every year around Mother’s Day. This year we went May 17th and it was still cold.The water was very high. We love palisades or we wouldn’t be going every year. It is getting busier so it’s harder to get a reservation. It’s so pretty and the golf course is gorgeous.

BLACK FLAT - Dispersed Camping Area.

No water available, Restroom is Vault toilet

Directions:

The Black Flat CUA Dispersed camping area is approximately 27.4 miles northeast of Loa. Head north on N Main St toward W 100 N St 0.6 miles. Turn right onto UT-72 N/E 500 N and stay on UT-72 N 9.6 miles. Turn right (east) onto FR015 for 5.6 miles. Turn left (west) on FR43F for 0.5 miles.

Take your fly rod, always remember to pinch your barbs. This includes meat-casters unless you are fishing to eat.

Not crowded at all.

Secluded and Easy to get to!

Gooseberry group site is a pretty nice area. It’s located just 5 minutes from the lake, which can be seen down the hill to the north. In the early morning deer frequent the meadow between the sites and the lake. Even had a few doe right in the sites!

Each site has fire pits and tables, perfect for large group camping. Spigot water is also available for drinking and washing.

Easy access is also another bonus for these sites. You don’t need a truck or suv to get there. The average car does just fine :)

Lakeside Camping at its Best!

Ferron Campground is located across the lake from the southwest campground near the guard station. The campground has picnic tables, fire pits, and a gorgeous view of the lake from nearly every site.

This side of the lake is a bit more dense with trees, including downed old growth so firewood is readily available. This area is also a bit more guarded from the wind the area tends to get in summer months.

Overall, a beautiful place to camp.

Big Lake. Big Campground. Bigger Memories!

Since I was about 3, my family has gone to Joes Valley Reservoir for an extended family reunion! We tend to reserve the entire lower loop for a week in August. It's a bit of a downhill walk to the lake, but worth it given that there are plenty of fish and crawdads to catch for a big fish-fry!

There are toilets and picnic tables, and the roads have been paved in recent years. The best part about the campground is its ability to host a large group. The area is spread out yet open enough to feel like everyone has their own space and still together as a group. So, if you're wanting to plan a family trip, this may be where you want to go!

It is a bit noisy, however. Everyone has 4-wheelers and most people bring RV's with generators… so expect some noise, lol.

A Campground To Remember!

Ferron Reservoir is one of Utah's best kept secrets compared to many of the crowded campgrounds in the High Uintas.

Ferron sits right on the top of the Manti-La Sal mountain range that divides the state in two. You can get to the reservoir from either side of the range, and the roads drivable for just about any vehicle.

The campground has vault toilets, fresh water, fire pits, a couple-dozen individual sites, 1 group site, and a gorgeous view of the reservoir from just about any location. Feel free to bring your canoes or kayaks and spend the day paddling around and fishing. The fishing is great!

We take our entire family every year for our Family Reunion Camping Trip! It's one of those campgrounds that our kids will remember forever.

Simply amazing!

I was worried about the roads out to the wedge, but the were great. I was driving a non all wheel drive but suv vehicle and it did great. Tip: it’s worse the slower you go. Once to the wedge I found a campsite during the Memorial Day weekend. The second day I packed up my campsite and returned about 8 hours later to return to the same campsite. So availability was great. The wedge itself was great and the views were spectacular in late May. (During Memorial Day). I camped alone. Many people were 4wheeling, dirt biking, atving and mountain biking, as well as hiking around the campsite but not enough to be intrusive. Next time I camp there I will be bringing a mountain bike. The terrain is perfect for it. Most of the noise quieted down around 8. And I was able to find some rest. The second day I did a lot more exploring and traveled a ways down into the wedge. And the surrounding area. The second night I was able to find my same campsite from the night before and slept comfortably. The third day I packed up my camp and headed out to check out Buckhorn Wash. it’s a pictograph wall art monument type location with 2,000 year old wall paintings. It was pretty incredible. After that I headed back to SLC. The experience as a whole was great and it did rain and it was enough to make you worry, but not enough to make it bad, granted this was late May between the 24-27. Highly recommended. Only request is that you clean up after yourself. This is our planet. And it is all of our responsibility to take care of the last few wilderness areas we have.

Morsel Spork at Dispersed Camping -San Rafael Swell

Campground Review: I have stayed at this camping area many times,it’s one of my favorite areas to visit and explore! I camped here over Memorial Day weekend 2019. We were camped down the first spur that is on the east side of the wash. This dirt road goes quite a way along this bluff. There are many options for camping in the nooks and crannies down this first turn past the state park line. If you continue down the little wild horse road, there are just as many options along that road up to the next fence line. Camping is first come first serve and it is a popular destination so get there early for the good digs! There are no amenities here, pack it in pack it out to help keep this area clean and healthy! While visiting this time we did some canyoneering. We rappelled into Goblin’s Lair in GVSP. It is a 95 foot rappel into a large cavern, it’s very fun! This was my first time rappelling with my dog! There is a full service campground inside the state park and they did have fire wood for sale at the visitor center. Make sure you bring wood if you intend to have a fire, there is nothing to gather here. Day 2 we did Ding and Dang Canyons, this is a moderate canyons with some deep water and class 5 climbing maneuvers. You should have experience canyoneering if you choose this route. Park at Little Wild Horse parking lot ( where the pavements) or take your 4x4 down the wash another mile and a half to Ding/Dang parking area. Cool area to explore and camp. I didn’t see any spiders this trip, but in the past I have seen the biggest spider of my life camping here. ( on my tent to boot!) We saw a lot of beetles and lizards!

Gear Review: Morsel Spork XL! https://morselspork.com/ This is a great product! I’ve used a variety of different sporks for camping and this is by far my favorite! It’s so long! They do offer a shorter size, but I recommend grabbing the long spork! It has a squeegee/spatula type coating around the soon end so you can really scrape your bowl clean! Means more food in your belly and less clean up after! Win win! The other end has a fork/knife. The knife will cut things like hot dogs, but I wouldn’t force it to do much more than that. It is the perfect utensils for eating directly out of the camping Mountain House meal pouch!

Plenty of space

We found a nice spot for 4 trailers and a few tents. The weather did get winding but the temperature stayed moderate. My kids had a blast hiking in goblins valley. It was nice to visit as place where kids can run and climb without restrictions. Will visit again.

Great campground right on the river.

This is a great campground right on the Green river next to the beautiful Swasey’s beach. It is perfect for anyone getting off the river from Deso-Grey Canyons or a day float down from Nefertiti. The beach is right next to the campground and green river is only 12 or so miles away. There are not many spots, so get there early on a busy weekend!

Great place to camp

Lots of rivers close, and a view of Joes Valley. Nice big camp sites.

When we stayed here it was in the summer and we were the only ones in the whole campground. Big campsites with nice tables and bathrooms.

Red rocks

This is a great get away in some amazing red rocks. If you like desert camping this is the place.

We did some fun hikes and close to some really amazing slot canyons. Goblin valley is amazing. They have nice bathrooms and tables and big campsites for either tents or RV.

Very basic rogue camping area

This was 5 minutes from the little grand canyon. Very basic camping. Rogue camping if you will. But I nice place to park and set up. Amazing views 5 minutes away at wedge overlook.

Great free base camp for the area!

This is a great place to wander primitive unspoiled deserts! Nearby there is commiting trad and sport climbs as well as difficult canyoneering routes. In the badlands south of the San Rafael Swell and near the campgrounds are pieces of petrified wood and agate strewn about. Nearby is the fantastic Goblin Valley state Park where we did the Lair of the Basilisk Canyoneering route. These are primitive sites with no amenities so bring lots of water! The closest towns are Green River and Hanksville

Never get tired of coming here!

We came in winter this time and got a tent camp easily, only one other group was camping. If you dont want to tent camp in the winter they also have yurts for rent. We had a different approach to Goblin Valley this time around and decided to do the Lair of the Basilisk (Goblins Lair) canyoneering route. We got to hike in and around snow covered hoodoos that culminates in a 100' drop into the lair! It is truly a magical place and worth a visit! You can also get ti the lair by a now popular marked trail around the east side of the park. 60 m rope recommended plus helmets.

Goblin Valley - breathtaking

Goblin Valley is a beautiful area. We camped about 20 minutes from the actual valley. Plenty of space for big groups. Easy to get trailers there. Good for tent camping as long as you have a tarp to lay down first since it’s a bit rocky. Dogs are allowed. It’s a beautiful area.