About Green River State Park
Green River State Park is located in Utah
5 Reviews of Green River State Park
A Comforting Sight

We rolled into Green River at about 1 AM after 18 hours of driving from Washington. It had never felt so good to fall onto the ground and go to sleep. The only thing that was a problem throughout the night was the sound of a train going by (this likely couldn't be heard from all of the camp sites) and horses neighing from who knows where.

The grounds have clean bathrooms and accessible water. Each campsite has at least 1 picnic table as well and a fire pit (I believe). We didn't spend long at in Green River State Park, but it was a nice convenient place to stay the night after a LONG day of driving.

OK for an overnight, that's about all.

Came in late afternoon without reservation. Got a site without a problem. Was looking forward to doing some hiking but there wasn't any trails around. The golf course was closed off so we couldn't walk around that either. The river front was pretty. Train tracks nearby. But other than that, the campground was unimpressive. Simple and good enough for an overnight. Not much more than that going on at this park.

Clean and Proud!

We stopped here for a quick overnight on our way thru Utah.

The facilities are incredibly clean, some of the nicest flush toilets and single showers I've visited.

We stayed at site 3, which included electric and water hook ups. There is a dump station as well.

The campground host is super friendly. It is a nice quiet place right on the golf course. If my nose is correct, there is a hot spring nearby.

This is a perfect state park for families, or a quick stop thru Utah.

Fun weekend

My husband and I ended up at this campground after discovering every other campground within an hour of Moab was full. We were lucky enough to find a walk up site at this state park. The site are roomy enough but with no privacy between sites. The staff and other campers were friendly though so it was not too bad. The bathrooms and camp sites were clean and well maintained. Lots of children and families. The river front park and pier are good for fishing and a safe place to let the dogs play (though we kept ours on leash as the river is rather wide and faster in the middle). This is a great spot for a family or multi-family weekend get away and is close enough for day trips to Moab.

Green River State Park Campground

I have stayed at this campground a few times. There is not much to do in the town of green river except for go on a float trip and eat some fresh watermelon. I like this campsite because it is centrally located to a few fun things. It is about 45 min from both Goblin Valley and Moab. I have also done a day trip down to Lake Powell to do a canyon from this campsite. It is right next to the train tracks which is a negative, but its huge common areas full of grass and almost complete shade cover makes up for the loud trains! It is a great place to bring the family and just hang out after a long day exploring central Utah.