Anderson Mill, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Anderson Mill Camping Reviews
2 week stay

Stayed 2 weeks at the end of February. Very clean, well maintained, didn’t feel too crowded on neighbors. Mix of full/long timers and some of us Nomads. A few social events but not a wide variety of activities. Only down-side was the road noise. Only a 2 lane road out front but more noise than expected. And sometimes disturbed the outdoor time. Didn’t hear the noise with the RV all closed up. Liquor store, gas/convince, couple restaurants within walking distance. Small brewery less than a mile down the road.

Westcliff

I appreciate all the park workers but the short guy with the glasses is a real jerk.but still my favorite place.

Hill Country

Most have shade, good fishing, clean restrooms

Great place to hang, great location, great water features

Camped here a long time ago, so this is my recollection.  First get your reservations as they are a must.  This place is close to Austin, so it gets crowded.  The water here is fun and pretty, great flat hikes over pitted and scoured rocks.  Snapping turtles in the water. Camp sites are nice, flat dirt with plenty of big oaks all around, fire pits, tables, and lantern holders provided.  Nice spacing and all kinds of rigs can fit in here.  I don’t recall that they have hookups.   Bird watching is great here.  All around a great state park.  Reason for four stars:  the park is being surrounded, literally, by urban development, and when hiking on the trails you often can come right up to it.  So the tranquility of the area is impacted.  Come here for a bit of nature, with easy access to services.  Don’t expect to be out in the middle of nowhere.  We came with a 35 foot fifth wheel and loved our site.  Would definitely come again if in the area.

High country living

This beautiful park is just miles away from my home.

Camping, river play and over 20 geocaching sites make it a great place to wind down.

State park in the middle of a town

We didn’t camp here since we live so close by, but stopped on our way to Lake Somerville State Park. Driving by the camp sites they appeared nice and tucked between some (remaining) tall pine trees; you could definitely see your neighbor though. This park endured a huge forest fire about 9-10 years ago and you can still tell. Lots of charred and dead trees, but some new growth coming up underneath. We drove to the highest point and took a picture. That was about all we needed. Sort of underwhelming, but quaint.

Very clean campground close to downtown Austin

Very nice campground, very secure, codes used to enter gate, pool, showers/restrooms & 24hour laundry room. Highly recommend this campground, staff was very nice

Pretty park - popular too!

This state park is a little outside of Austin near the airport. The park stays busy and it’s easy to see why– it’s really nice with waterfalls you can check out in the park and it isn’t far from the airport. We had a great stay here and will definitely check it out again if in the area. Although– watch the branches if you are in a bigger rig– we watched a guy hit one and mess up his roof. Also, if you will be camping in Texas State Parks a bit be sure to get the annual Texas State Parks pass– it will end up saving you a lot of money! Also, we went to a nearby market to buy what we thought was salsa(see pictures)– it definitely wasn’t and it was sooo spicy!!

Had a great stay!

I am new to the rv life and own a used Coleman Bayside pop up camper. I own a business in Austin and love escaping to the woods at the end of the day.

Im wrapping up a 10 day stay at Cedar Breaks Park campground and will return for sure!

Lake Georgetown is the main attraction and is beautiful, quiet & clean.

The park & campground is easy to find and easy for larger or vehicles with travel trailers / campers in tow. Many grocery stores / restaurants / shopping / medical facilities are close by also (within 2-5 miles)

Sites all have 30, 50a and water hookups (im not sure about sewer hookups at sites but they do have a sewer dump station at front of campground) more than adequate restroom & shower facilities located in the center of the campground.

The staff is absolutely amazing, they are friendly, knowledgable and accommodating.

ROOKIE MISTAKE #1 “GET THE AFTER HOURS GATE CODE” After setting up camp the first day, I realized I needed food for Grady (my silver lab) and drove to Walmart. WELL, I didnt pay attention and got locked out. I didnt have the after hours gate code & had to park out front and walk down to my site & wentback up in the morning to get my truck.Not a huge deal, but a lesson I learned lol

Well maintained and quiet place to camp

We had a quaint campsite with a Lakeview.

Each campsite appeared to be level and clean. The sites were spaced out so that you’re not camping on top of one another. Each space had a picnic table and grill. There was a fishing pier, boat ramp, and beach to swim at. Many of the camping spots can be reserved online, but the park maintains some camping spots for first-come.