Linden , TENNESSEE

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Linden Camping Reviews
New Owners

My family and I stayed at Parkers Crossroads overnight, just passing through until we got to our final destination. I was pleasantly surprised. The owners are new and were just on the job for their second day when we arrived. They were very hospitable! We arrived there later than expected. I called them, and they came to the office to escort us to our spot. The gentleman there even helped my husband get the electricity and water set up while his wife went over all the paperwork with me. The next day, we were really able to see the grounds. The property is beautiful! They have a pool , which h was closed for the season, and we loved the pond area. The only reason why it is not a 5 star is because 1) we didn't check out the restroom facilities, and 2) we wished they had a nicer playground area for the kids. I will say that the paperwork they shared with us shows plans to incorporate a new playground. So maybe there will be a nicer one when we come back. Best wishes to the new owners!

Nice but not great

The only thing outstanding about this campground was the wifi - it's the first state park c/g I've been to where the wifi was actually usable. I'm surprised to see others say that the sites were well spaced. The c/g was pretty much full this past weekend when we were there and it was mostly shoulder to shoulder except for the tent area. Like a WalMart parking lot with trees. We were lucky to have a site with some privacy (#62) but it was not level (about a foot off level for our 21' van). The paving for the sites is quite narrow and I don't see how you'd get a big rig on them. But the c/g was quiet considering the crowd and it is a pretty park.

This is a nice RV, particularly by the river

The resort is pretty remote and the last mile of the road in is a little sporty. Definitely follow the campground’s directions, don’t rely on GPS or other services, as the campground directions are the only viable way in, particularly for Class As. The main campground is typical for RV resorts, sites pretty close together and in the open, but the sites along the river, where we were(site 1), all have concrete pads, are reasonably spaced and right on the river. Some have shelters over their picnic tables. The staff is very friendly, attentive and helpful. AT&T had 1 bar and 0.04 MB/s w/o a booster, 2 bars and 0.2 MB/s with it. Overall WiFi was“ok” with data rates from 0.2 MB/s up to 1.1 MB/s. Satellite coverage should be good at any of the sites. We had visibility to all 3 DISH west satellites, so we didn’t try OTA channels.

Not the place for a peaceful getaway

Overall a decent spot if you’re just looking for a safe place to sleep right near I-40. But not recommended if you’re looking for a peaceful spot to enjoy a vacation.

Pros:

• extremely easy to get to and right off I-40 so minimal added time to trip
  • full hookups and they were well situated on the pad
  • pretty level spot
  • KOA so you know what to expect, and the check in process is really easy - especially after hours
  • cable hookups - though we didn’t try it so not sure how good it is
  • WiFi - but pretty weak at least from site 14

Cons:

• Extremely loud traffic noise - you really couldn’t get closer to the highway unless you were park on an on-ramp (see video if you don’t believe me 😉)
  • spots are very close together (but pretty typical for a KOA)
  • it was pretty full for a week night so it may be hard to book day of on the weekend
Nice Spot

This place has been totally rebuilt by the TVA after flooding in 2019. I don't know what it was like before, but wow it's really nice. All the sites are level, plenty of room for a tent and RV on all 92 sites. Close to some great golf & BBQ, fishing,& Shiloh Battlefield.

The perimeter sites are roomier, offer more privacy than the interior ones. Bathrooms and shower houses spotless.

Friendly staff but awful to get there

Staff we talked to was very kind but the drive in from the highway was very scary on narrow, windy roads with dropoffs on the side. We took the staff recommended route in and Co-Pilot's route out and both were scary in our Class A towing a car hauler. We had a site up on hill farther from the river (which was lovely) but we couldn't get level and couldn't put our slides out. All around rough stay. I'd say this is a much better stay for smaller RVs.

Pretty Area, Outdated Park

We tent camped in the Cub Lake loop, campsite 2, site 2. The restrooms was incredibly out of date. Loop 1 looked like all the sites were on an incline falling down a hill. Loop 2, our site was flat but some others in this loop were on an incline. All sites, restrooms and the park overall looked dilapidated and like it needs some TLC. There were water pumps though. Would not stay here again.

Great Park and Campground!

We visited this park in late June. The campground and park was immaculate! Sites were level and easy to back in. Bathrooms and showers were wonderful.  The staff was super friendly, and the area was wonderful! Make sure to go visit the Amish. We had a great outdoor class to learn about snakes, hiked the trails, and enjoyed the falls. We look forward to going back to this gem again!

Park was so nice, we did it twice

On the way back from Pickett State Park, to Texas, we decided to stay at the Wrangler site again. This time, I picked a new pad (56) and again, it was dark, quiet and beautiful. This park is huge, with TONS of site choices available. The tent sites seemed full, but we prefer less people. The updated photo below. We had to book through recreation.gov app, which was easy enough, but misleading on what sites are booked and not booked. Would absolutely return to this beautiful State Park.

Great place to relax & enjoy nature

There are 3 different campgrounds in thos very large state park. Cub Lake is for tents or small campers with water & electric hookups. The Wrangler Camp is for horse riders with water & electric hookups. The Pin Oak Campground is for RVs. Every site has full hookups. Two nice bath houses, a pavilion, playground, beach area, and boat dock. It is very open with several trees, but not not a lot of shade. The pictures in this review are only from Pin Oak Campground.