Converse, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Converse Camping Reviews
Just A Good Campground

This campground won’t blow you away or anything but it’s a good campground that you’ll enjoy. Nice wooded coverage, walking and hiking trails, plus a few lakes to fish. Bath houses are probably the cleanest I’ve seen in all the campgrounds I’ve been too. The only reason I wouldn’t give it 5 stars is because the sites are pretty close to each other and you can hear aircraft traffic from the airport close by. I recommend sites 22,23,25 if you are tent camping.

We love this campground

Wonderful campground, campground host are very helpful, they ask you about what you are looking for and help you pick out your campsite, family owned, took my girlfriend there to get engaged, we are now married and can't wait to go back. One of the owners rides a motorcycle, and is also very helpful with directions for nice rides in the mountains

Peaceful

Close to Caesars Head and Table Rock. Full hookups, and the staff helps you back in and level up. Great service. Short drive to grocery and fresh produce stands.

History Abounds

Tons to do, including hikes and history. Make sure to go across the street to the Kings Mountain Military site. Better yet, plan your stay when they are doing an event.

Im home.

Love this place. Next to the lake. Quite, friendly clean. Good bathroom.

Love it.

Great place to camp. Very quiet,very friendly clean bathroom. Cheap camping.

First time at a KOA

Stopped here for an overnight on our way south. We had a pull-thru full hookup site. It was relatively level but not perfect. Main bath house was under construction and not available. There is a bar, convenience store, and RV service center at the entrance which is convenient. We didn’t have time to look around the campground much but it served it’s purpose for us. Oh, there are no fire rings but it claims on their site that you can build one in the gravel. We didn’t see a single other site with a fire.

Armpit of a trailer park

Let's be honest.  There's campgrounds and there's places that wish they are something other than what they are.  This place reeks of old school charm - if you can look past the lines of semi-permanent RVs, the millimeter wide spacing between the tent sites and the express lack of parking on site.  We paid for our site, arrived, looked at the disaster that awaited us, and wisely moved up the road to a real campground - Montreat Campground.  Avoid this place unless it is your only option.

Very nice

We have been a few times and really like it. The staff are very friendly. The bath houses and park are always really clean.

Quad Overload of Steps

I'll admit that I'm not in my best shape ever but also know it's not my worst shape, this was full leg workout for 4 miles up as well as 4 miles back down. I highly recommend in the warmer months you get on the trail as early as possible. It opens at 7am. Bring plenty of water. The views along the way are beautiful and when you get to the top at the main overlook is fabulous too. I say the main overlook as there are a couple spots like right at Governors Rock is deep into the trail…but not the main view.

Ranger Review: Banner & Oak Apparel at Paris Mountain State Park

Campground Review:

Paris Mountain State Park is just a short drive outside of Greenville, SC, but seems a world away. It is beautiful in all seasons. The campground is a typical state campground. Water, electric, fire ring, and picnic table were at our site. We stayed at #39 which was fine for our needs. If you had any sort of rig, we would NOT recommend this spot. The concrete was in poor shape and would make for a leveling nightmare. We voted we’d stay in #40 next time. It was a pull through with a creek running by the fire ring. The shower house was perfectly adequate and clean. Their reservation system was easy. We enjoyed all of the hiking options and the swimming area in the park.

--------------------

Product Review:

As Rangers for The Dyrt, we get to test products from time to time– today we tested Banner & Oak apparel www.bannerandoak.com. We loved their trucker hats. They were breathable, and held their shape under the sweat from a hard hike. We felt they were very attractive as well. As a long torso’d and arm’d couple, we both noticed right away and appreciated the length of the shirts themselves and the length of the sleeves on the long-sleeved shirt. There is nothing worse than washing shirts and having to stretch the heck out of them to try to get them back to looking presentable. We have no fear our Banner & Oak short and long-sleeved shirts will not give us this trouble. They worked well under our packs and we didn’t find ourselves needing to pull down our shirt every few mins or so. As a larger busted woman, however, their Women’s Large ran a bit small in the chest. I normally wear a Large which gives me some room to move around, but I wish I would have ordered my shirt in a XL. It is a tight fit. All in all, we really liked Banner & Oak’s apparel, in style, cut (mostly), and comfort. The shirt material is super soft and we could see ourselves ordering more from their site.

Nice Place to Relax, Just out side the bustle of Suburbia.

We had a great time staying here. Some of the sights were rather inclined, but they listed this on the website when booking(it's on a mountain after all). The areas between most of the sites was spacious, we were able to hang 2 hammocks to chill in. The Bathhouses had been remodeled and were kept clean while we were there. (There wasn't hand soap at the sinks that was a little weird for me).  The Large trash bins were located back down across from the Park Center, as was the play ground. It would have been more convenient for campers to have these things closer but were convenient for day use visitors. The park center is a gorgeous stone/log cabin type building with a long porch facing the Swimming area. There are Adirondack chairs on the porch, then between the porch and the lake are wooden lounge chairs and benches to relax on while taking a break from swimming or hanging out. There are miles of trails and streams to explore. We had a lovely time and plan to visit again soon.

Great campground with amazing staff!

This was our first camping trip for my wife and I. The staff led us right to our site and helped direct me into our site as it was dark. Knowing that it was our first time they even came back by to check on us a little bit later. It was Labor day weekend, so they were full, but we had no issues with noise or anything. The kids were having a blast between swimming and riding bikes. Plenty of activities were planned by the staff from bingo on Friday night, corn hole tournaments, movie night, and even an ice cream social! They even sell Hunt Bros. pizza from the store and will deliver to your site. Looked amazing and very reasonably priced. We can't wait to go back!

River Creek Campground

Nice campground the owners are very friendly the river goes up and down alot so you may or may not get to go tubing…The water pressure is hit or miss also!!!

Dog gone good time

Looking for a place to relax with your four legged family, then this the place for you. Nice off leash areas for your furry friend to stretch their legs and release that energy. Because a tired puppy is a good puppy.

Great Family Campbround!

Our family had a great time! Lots of stuff for the kids to do! Bath house clean and laundry facility great! We will definitely be back!

Mostly Permanent Campers

I traveled here alone and did not feel very comfortable. The campground is very simple. It is almost full of people in campers.

Fabulous

This park is new and clean. There’s miles of winding golf cart trails in the woods. Beautiful pool. Great friendly owners. We will be regulars.

Great price for nice campsite

Local to me but 20 a knight u can’t beat it .

Nice spot to camp

This place is close to some good hiking and not too far from towns. They have a playground which is cool and the staff is very friendly. Unfortunately, they do not allow hammocks any more since people were cutting off tree branches to make hanging hammocks easier.

Nice but crowded

There are multiple campgrounds here. I stayed in the drive up campground for people without horses. There is also equestrian camping and campsites one can hike to. My experience was the campsites were a little close to each other and, since it's a small loop, they fill up fast. I prefer more space and privacy when camping. My tent pad was a little uneven as well. There is a lot of good hiking in the park and horse back riding for those with horses. I'd like to try the back country camping at some point.

We love this park and campsites!

Fun beach within easy walk from campsite!

Better than expected

Long weekend stay at site #42. Nice level and large site. Some sites are smaller and closer but our site and those on both sides of us were large and level. Bathhouse by our site was kept clean and stocked well. Small lake for fishing and they rent canoes and kayaks. Lots of trails. Equestrian camping area on the other side which we had no reason to visit.

Clean, open spots, NO FRILLS

Very nice staff. We stayed a weekend. The RV spots were nice with easy access. The bathrooms and showers were AMAZINGLY clean! However, other than a playground there is nothing for kids to really do. The staff at the nature center were very polite and the trails were nice, but again not for tiny kids. If you were taking older kids it would be perfect.

Father/Son weekend

My son and I stayed here for the weekend. He wanted to tent camp. It was late fall and it was pretty chilly. We fished, cooked over the fire, just hung out, and enjoyed each others time together. Very peaceful and guiet. We'll definitely go back.

We love this place

Good people run this place. Bath houses are very clean. We have tent camped and now taken our RV. Tent sites right on the river. You can tube down and get out right at your site. Three Falls waterfall is just up the road. You can get tubes at the office. Chickens and horses on site. Playground and lots of fun. Sites are wooded and quaint. Roads are a little narrow, but passable. One of our favorite sites.

Dangerous

We were at site 29, ADA. It was horrendous. We overlooked the women’s restrooms, which was very poor taste! At night, when the lights were turned on….. distasteful. More importantly, this ADA site was extremely dangerous! The site was so unsafe. I fell twice getting out of our rv, b/c the site was more mountainous than the mountains! I couldn’t leave my rv for two days! Restrooms were clogged and filthy. You had to walk a mile to the front to thrown your trash out! Really! Unfortunately, will never return. Below are pix.