Yurts
County
Whistlers Bend County Park is located in Oregon
13 Reviews of Whistlers Bend County Park
Awesome campground

Has yurts, bathrooms and showers. Right on the North Umpqua River—. Where salmon fishing is the thing to do. Great swimming area

Well maintained camp with easy river access.

Great campground! Clean showers and nicely maintained campsites with easy access to the river. We went in April and the campgrounds were practically empty save one group of people.

Fun place for a reunion. We have gone two years in a row. Great bathrooms

Book early because it fills up fast.

Peaceful setting

Great views of the N. Umpqua river. The campground has a great disc golf course.

Pretty, popular campground near Roseburg, OR

This lovely county park campground near Roseburg offers trees, shade from the summer heat, and scenery, but I'm giving it 3 stars for being crowded and somewhat noisy. I admit I was there during peak season, and spent only 1 night, but found that my tent site lacked privacy, and the structure of the gravel road and pull-ins was such that almost every site (except for 1 perimeter drive) was subject to regular vehicle and foot traffic. There is a large yurt for rent on one end of the campground, constructed on a spacious deck overlooking the creek. It appeared to be handicapped-accessible, but as I stood admiring it, I could hear traffic noise from the highway. In between my campsite and the Campground Host's was a camper full of kids in their tweens, who started roaming the small campground after 10pm, making loud, obnoxious noises and laughing hysterically at themselves. When this went on for nearly half an hour with no intervention from adults, I did shout "SHUT UP!" at them after they passed my site and seemed to direct a shout at my tent. They stopped after that, but I hated to be That Person. There were flush toilets, running water, and showers. Bathrooms had neither soap nor paper towels or a working blow-dryer for your hands, so be a good scout and go prepared!

Lots to do!

Large park with tent spaces, rv hookups, and yurts! Oak grassland doesnt provide very many bushes to hide behind, so absolute privacy is hard to achieve when the park is busy. Sprawling and varried disc golf course with some spectacular long shots, and tight trees. Play structure for the little ones, boat ramp, waterfront sites on the renown North Umpqua river (great fishing and swimming), shower facilities (lots of bathrooms, some flushing, some pit toilets).

Great place to just get outdoors, without being too far from stores and humanity.

Fun in the sun

The kids played in the river. Watched people playing frisbee golf on a world class course. Had a good night's sleep almost no noise. They now have 3 hurts, one overlooks the river in the newer camp area and the other 2 overlook the old camp area. They have a boat ramp and the fishing is good here. It's halfway between Roseburg and Glide.

www.co.douglas.or.us/parks/view_park.asp?features=19&cnt=1&index=1

River

Beautiful campground on the river, if the spots at the end are available snag them! So easy to add a few more extra tents since there is a huge grassy area between you & the river.

Pretty nice group site

I camped here with a big rafting group. This is a pretty nice campground right next to the river, with plenty of trees to hang hammocks, tarps, and clothes lines. The group sites didn't have showers or flush toilets, but there was a building not far away with both. I didn't see any places to dump gray water, which I thought was odd. But great access to the beautiful N. Umpqua!

Nice clean campground next to the river

We really enjoyed our visit here. It's clean & our space was right next to the river (just a very short walk down the hill). Our space 41 was easy to back into & set up. The campground host is very nice & helpful. There is a playground for the kids & a very nice disc golf course. We will definitely stay here again.