Madras, OREGON

Most Recent Madras Camping Reviews
So Incredible!

I have stayed there twice now. I love it so much! Both times we have snowshoed in and even thou the conditions weren’t perfect, we had a Blast!

Loved it.

I really enjoy this campground. Has an actual bathroom, very clean. The Camp host was very nice and had firewood to buy. Our campsite was flat and large, enough room for large tents.

It was okay.

I just couldn’t get over hearing the semi trucks on 26. But… There’s a nice view of Hood on the south side of the lake. Vault toilets. It was July, bugs were not bad. There were a tons of baby frogs everywhere on the northside of the lake, it was crazy to see. Good hiking nearby.

It was okay.

I just couldn’t get over hearing the semi trucks on 26 from our campsite. But… We had a nice spot. We felt safe. Vault toilets only. It was July, bugs were not bad. There were a tons of baby frogs everywhere on the northside of the lake, it was crazy to see. Good hiking nearby.

It’s very peaceful and lovely

I wouldn’t say its a”campground” since it’s dispersed camping but that’s what I prefer. Good spots to set up camp. Be prepared it can get quite chilly overnight.

Awesome Views & Solitude

First off, I had a great time staying here. Before I arrived I had some ideas of what my stay would be like and while I did have a nice stay, it was not exactly the trip I had expected. I am a female in my early twenties and was tent camping solo for the first time. I grew up camping with my family so I am experienced but this was my first time camping completely alone. When I planned my trip I assumed this was a spot where other travelers and campers would stay so I was hoping that the presence of other people would provide some comfort to counter the fact that I was camping alone. When I arrived there were people in the day use area but as I drove back to where people would normally camp there was nobody in sight. As the evening came I realized there was not going to be any other campers for miles. Needless to say I made it through the night just fine with no emergencies but I was so nervous the whole time that I had a very restless sleep with my hand practically on my bear spray all night.

I woke up the next morning, went on a beautiful hike with some amazing views and continued on my road trip. Overall the location is great, I would camp here again if I were with other people or if I were staying in a converted van or camper of some sort. But being a solo, young, female tent camper in this location without any other campers around for miles was a little too scary for my taste.

Beautiful late in the season

We went Scott Lake in early October 2019 and had the chance to receive the first snowfall of the season. There are a few spots right along the lake that are pull in for vehicles (a few that you have to hike to the lake but not that far). Farther down the road are hike in spots that we will be going to with family next year. It was peaceful and quiet and we never heard a peep from any of the other campers. The camp sites were super clean and very well laid out. The lake was low so I had to dock my kayak where the channel was between the two main parts of the lake was and explored the rest on foot. My three dogs loved it there and loved swimming in the lake. It was an overall great experience and we will definitely be back again next summer!

Beautiful and Quiet

Can't hear the highway and the lake is beautiful, but you can't see the mountain from the campground side.

Tent Sites On Gravel

Very uncomfortable night, tent sites were on gravel. However, very nice staff & clean facilities.

Nice private sites in the trees with a few having lake views. Beautiful hike around the lake.