The best DRIVE IN camping near
Climax , OHIO

Most Recent Climax Camping Reviews
It was our first trip...

This was our first trip ever so we decided to go to a smaller state park. This was a really nice place to start. We were at spot #6, had a porch at the end of the drive which overlooked the woods and the lake. (Will attach photos) The trails were not long at all. Less than 2 miles total and it was beautiful. Very quiet all day and all night. We stayed the first weekend of April and was a little cold over night. They do offer frisbee golf. It was just an overall relaxing weekend and felt great to unplug from work and the cell phones. Would stay here again. Forgot to mention they had tent sites, electric only or full hookups. We paid $29 a night for the full hookups. They do have a dump station as well and portable water.

A nice State Park and I like the layout

This is another of our favorite Ohio State Parks.  The campground is setup in a nice layout with each of the separate sections having a spoke and wheel layout with a bathhouse in the middle.  Sites are roomy and we like the wooded feel.

The dog part was quite muddy and actually closed while we were there and we were a bit disappointed by that but there was plenty of space to walk the pups.

Located near the town of Delaware, you aren’t too far off the beaten path and we even had decent service with Verizon.

I also noticed that the6 had a nice storm shelter on the property that was well marked and easy to get to from any of the campground areas.

Beautiful State Park close to Columbus Ohio

Alum Creek State Park is a beautiful park and great campground just outside the hustle and bustle of downtown Columbus and minutes away from attractions such as the Columbus Zoo.

The campground has good sized sites and is wooded throughout with clean bath houses, well maintained roads, and easy access for big rigs.

There is also a very nice dog park in the park including dog beaches with lake access for your pups to swim.

We love this campground and the beautiful lake and appreciate the easy access to local attractions, shopping, and more.

Great campground

This is the second trip already this season to Delaware and besides the weather we were not disappointed. Delaware has been our favorite campground since we found it. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The grounds are very clean and tidy. The rangers drive through a few times a day to patrol the grounds. The hosts drove around in their carts throughout the day as well. The last day we were there one of the hosts actually drove up and asked us if we needed dry firewood because we had a downpour the night before into the morning. We always have a great time here.

What a horrible owner

What a dump. And what a horrible owner who told me I was "bitching" about the campground. I stayed one night after they put me down a steep hill that I barely got back up, near a portajohn, a run down permanent trailer and a construction site. It was pitch black and I would have had to unhook the truck just to drive to the bathhouse at the top of the campground hill. Even after I explained that I had traveled cross country with a sick dog and hadn't showered in 3 days. He wouldn't give me my money back when I checked out after 1 night even since I had prepaid for a week. For a lower price, you can stay 15 minutes west on Indian Lake. It's no wonder he is selling the place. He's running it into the ground with a bad attitude and dumpy spots.

Great Park

This was an awesome place to take our 5th wheel. We have a 42.5 ft fifth wheel and driving through the site, getting water/dump station was real easy. The cul de sac style sites are awesome for kids (mine are all under 4). They were able to go around in circles on their bikes all day with minimal traffic. And everything was well maintained.

Great park

We just stayed in Delaware as our first trip of the camping season and had a great time. We had a egg hunt for Easter through the woods that attach to many of the sites and the kids had a ball. The ranger patrols pretty frequently. However since it’s still been cold they currently do not have the water on except for one area for portable water up front by the dump station.

Sounds of Spring

This is about our 5th or 6th trip here. It’s close to home, but more importantly it has great trails and wooded sites. Winter camping has several sections of the park closed, only 1 shower house open and no camp hosts or camp store. In the summer this park has a marina , beach , several playgrounds , disk golf and a dog park.
The only negative this about this park is it is prone to flooding and the sites can get really muddy.

Broken Water Pipe

We camped here in mid March and were one of 3 campers in the park. It’s located right across the street from Mt Gilead State park which was handy since right before arriving the KOA had a water leak. We were able to go across the street to the state park to fill our water tank.
The KOA has everything resolved by the next day but they were still nice enough to credit us back a night stay since we paid for a full hookup and were unable to use the water at first.
The park itself is new, I believe it opened in 2020 so they are still adding on but they have a pool , playground, dog park and restaurant that is open during peak season.
The sites are gravel and some have paved patios. All have fire pits and picnic tables. The camp store is nice and well stocked with useful items. We would definitely go back but probably not in the summer when it’s busy because we don’t like crowds.

Great Halloween Activities!!

My family enjoyed spending a weekend at Walnut Grove. Staff was very kind and informed. I will be coming back next season!