Clyde, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Clyde Camping Reviews
Cabin Fever

Beautiful little KOA with a large lake and river running through the center. Plenty of cabins as well. We stay here annually for a motorcycle rally and the staff really accommodates is well. Nice clean bathrooms and most have been recently remodeled.

Lots to do!

Great campground with lots of amenities. Beautiful individual bathrooms with big showers, playground, corn hole, basketball half court, pool table under outdoor pavilion, heaters, gas grills, fenced in dog park, Sunday services, farmers market one night a week, trolley stop that goes into Gatlinburg, laundry facilities, small beach with swimming in Little Pigeon River, can tube from one end to the beach area, and a store with ice and wood sales. They have waterfront sites for RVs and tents. The newer “loop” has much wider sites, brand new bath house and a separate beach area. Both beaches can be used by anyone. WiFi is pretty good but cell service is sketchy. There is a Food City about 4 miles away but the little store right before you turn off 321 to go to the campground has a lot of camp gear, RV gear, food, seasonal, etc. Nice man was very appreciative of our purchase. Overall, I’d go again and stay here.

The Gatlinburg area is right at the Smoky Mountain National Park. Plenty of hiking, sightseeing, waterfalls, history, and scenery to see! We saw bear cubs along Roaring Forks drive. Cades Cove is a great day trip and bears can be seen there too. Greenbrier is right outside the campground off 321 just over the little bridge going toward town. There’s a little sign but you could easily miss it. The best parts were Clingmans Dome, highest point in TN, and going to Anakeesta. Buy a guidebook at the Sugarland Visitor Center so you don’t miss any of the beautiful hiking trails.

What all campgrounds should aspire to!

This is an absolute top-notch campground.  It just opened in the spring of 2020 and I can already tell this is going to be a very popular place.

First, the staff is incredible.  Everyone is friendly, helpful, and goes out of their way to make you feel at home.  The owner was onsite every day and checked in on us several times.

The camping options are very unique and diverse.  They have your typical RV sites (all full hookups) and tent sites, all of which have green space around them.  Our site backed up to a beautiful stream with some trees for hammocks and shade.  The tent sites are clustered together next to a stream in the woods, providing tons of shade on hot days.  Nearby are a few treehouses that you can rent, similar to old school sleep-away camping cabins.  Around the corner from the tents are several vintage RVs, many from the 50s, that have been completely renovated with beautiful interiors and modern updates.  They each have their own deck, fire pit, and grill.  My mom stayed in one of these while we were visiting and loved it!  There are also camping pods - basically an igloo shaped cabin that is good for a couple people.  Yurts are just up the hill from those, alongside two beautiful tiny homes that are some of the most unique campground rentals I've ever seen.  Book these early - we were here in late June and they were already full until October!

The amenities are very nice as well.  There is a resort style pool with built in seating almost all the way around.  It's next to a pavilion area with picnic tables, corn hole, a community fire pit, outdoor movie screen, and performance stage.  Nearby is an inflatable jumping pad and volleyball net.  I spoke with the owner and he has plans to add many other game such as bocce ball as well as complete construction on a playground and wooded play area for kids.  You can also rent many campground games at the camp store such as spike ball and ladder ball.  More hiking trails are being added, and a large dog park made exercising our pup easy.

Oh and the wifi is off the charts for a campground.  Total coverage everywhere you go.  I was getting 30/30 speeds at my site.  I work remote so it was very important to have good internet, and Emberglow did not disappoint here!  They obviously invested heavily in a quality network infrastructure and it shows.

The location is nice - off the main roads so you get plenty of peace and quiet, but only 20 minutes to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock.  It's easily accessible from Charlotte, Asheville, and Spartanburg, SC.

Every campground owner needs to come take a look at this place.  This is what campgrounds should be aiming for - clean, modern, lots of nature, friendly staff, good prices, and fun activities.  I was not paid or asked or endorsed in any way to do this review, I simply think this is an awesome place that you should come check out!

camping or rafting

This place has RV sites, tent site and a place to take a white water rafting adventure all here. Ziplines are just next to it and if you hang out by the river you will see them zip across the river, the dogs were so amazed by this. They charge the same low rate year round no matter the season or holiday, which is unusual. They have some long term sites and short term ones in RV area. The only thing I wish was different would be to have some of the RV sites closer to the river. It's not far from it but u cant see it from the RV area. All the sites by the river are for tent campers only. Almost went and bought me a tent to have down there on another site so we could have a comfy spot on the river for us to hang out. But we only stayed a couple days and had to move on to the house. Would definitely return if in the area.

Cloudy Views

We were SO excited about this campsite based on the reviews.  I booked well in advance and got site 2 for two nights.  The owners were lovely checking us in and the site had an INCREDIBLE view…at first.  After about an hour while we set up our site, our neighbors at site 3 came back from whatever hike they were on, and then another car pulled up totaling 8 people, 3 tents, a child and two dogs.  I'm all about people camping together and having a good time, but I thought there was a limit to how many tents/humans were allowed per site here.  Needless to say, we could hear every word of their conversations and felt like it really impeded on what we had hoped would be a quiet, rustic experience.  Then the clouds rolled in and we could barely see 5 feet in front of us.  Of course no one can control the weather, but be warned that if the forecast is cloudy, you WILL be COLD and WET.  The temperature dropped to about 45 (in June!) and because it was so wet, it was difficult to keep a fire going.  After a couple hours, my boyfriend and I decided to cancel our second night and move on since the forecast called for more clouds the next day.  The whole reason we booked here was for the views which, sadly, we lost very early on.  Positives: bathrooms were simple and clean, the staff was adamant about adhering to coronavirus precautions (masks, distancing), and we did see some massive Elk roaming in the fog which was pretty cool.  If the weather is good, I'm sure it's great.  But if it's not…you've been warned.

Simple Campground, Great Location

The amenities are simple. The Mountain View wasn’t very great but it was close to some scenic areas near and it asheville.

Great location, a little run down

Great location to all the hikes we planned on doing, looked like there were long term campers there that were nosy. Campsites are nice and spread out, however. Definitely recommend going during a busier season with a group of people. Went in beginning of October.

Tranquil music of the water

I really enjoyed the hospitality of the owners and workers here, they make u feel right at home and like one of the family. But the most amazing thing here is the water. As u can guess from the name there are 3 creeks that all converge into one at the point. Since it is a rolling creek it makes such beautifully tranquil noise. I slept so good when it wasnt too hot to sleep with the windows open.

A great campground in a resort town

We stayed here for 3 days 2 nights on a last minute trip we planned to go north. We were able to get a spot right on the river. Sites were a bit close together but we had tons of room. The kids loved playing in the river at our camp site. Also they loved the pool and playground. The staff was amazing and the place was very clean. The campground even has a trolley that has stops in the campground and will take you to town so you don’t have to drive! We will definitely be coming back here again and for a longer time.

Lovely setting near historic site

We camped overnight here in order to visit the Elkmont Historic area. Very interesting story of cabins that were bought out in order to create Great Smokey Mountains National Park. We were in a campervan and were in section G - heavily wooded but pretty quiet. Restrooms were absolutely gross - and I checked 3 of them. Flush toilets, no showers, no way to dry hands. Yuck. Most people brought their own facilities….. Gatlenberg is nearby but is a super-crowded, over-the-top tourist area with tons of souvenir stores, ziplines, etc. - not our thing at all (and no one wearing masks)