The best WALK IN camping near
Andrews , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Andrews Camping Reviews
Love it

Spacious and on the river. Close to the biking trails and Cades cove. Spots are clean, fire pits are great, well maintained pavers patio and nicely landscaped

Fall Getaway

My wife and I went for our 5th anniversary. The campground is great and within a mile or 2 of a lot of trail heads in the Smokies. It was beautiful in October, but if you go in peak season I would recommend staying in the national park due to the insane amounts of traffic getting into Gatlinburg.

Awesome weekend getaway

The staff is extremely accommodating and very helpful. The bathrooms/showers were clean and the campground was well laid out. Awesome time to be in the smokies even if it is close to home for us.

Peaceful & Clean camp ground with trout access

After arriving to the campsite, there were a large variety of grounds to park your car on, half with water access and the other across a small road. The area is clean and simple to set up, no reservations available. It is close to the hatchery with access to streams all along the road to fish for trout and cook it over the campfire. There were kind locals who gave us some advice on fishing for trout and certain baits. Tree stumps were already around the fire, incase if the visitors didn’t bring chairs. If you are able to get the spot that is on the side of the stream, grab it! Being by the stream meant a constant peaceful sound of running water, and a couple trout to fish. The hatchery releases the fish throughout various parts whenever the fish are ready, meaning it may be hit or miss. The nearest town was only a 40-50 minute drive, Blairsville, and it was a scenic drive. Although the camp grounds are on the only road going up/down the mountain, there are enough trees and distance from the little road that you are not able to hear the few cars that drive by. There are two paths to get to this camp site, one is up a mountain which may be better suited for trucks or Jeep’s. The other path is the one that goes past the hatchery. I highly recommend this area and look forward to going back and having a relaxing trout fishing trip with a buddy. Some of the photos are of the campsite, including the surrounding region.

What a want a campground to be

Cozy and Spotless. Such warm management staff. Extremely helpful and even directed me to see my first Bear.

Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Closed early

This looked like a great campsite! The website said it closed October 31st. Unfortunately, it was closed early this year for some reason.

Pretty good?

Pluses: Nice, clean, updated facility with excellent amenities including heated lazy river. Good location for commercial stuff in PF, Dollywood, getting to several areas in different direction of Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

Minuses: Lots of add in costs to use some amenities like pedal carts, no balls for games. WiFi was horrible all 3 days there You are packed in with other RVs everywhere.

Remote campground with beautiful settings.

Awesome campground with select sites. Nice tent sites but RVs are restricted to the edge of the road. Unique area with its higher elevation. Nice people throughout many who have been coming here for many years. Clean restrooms but no showers.

Great location just 10 minutes from Helen

Hosts are super nice! Nice little spot, very clean bathrooms, conveniently located