The best WALK IN camping near
Torreon , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Torreon Camping Reviews
Nice small RV park

We only stayed here for one night on our way from Texas to Utah but it was a nice cozy stay. The park has full hook ups and a little dog area. The wifi worked great we streamed Netflix that night. 7100’ elevation. There were a ton of stars at night which was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived around 6pm and our info was thumb tacked to the entry board. Call her and she comes right down to show you your spot. It’s located next to a little brewery and pizza place. The pizza and beer were both really good I would check that place out while you stay. Ale Republic it’s called. Check it out.

Beautiful view

We stayed overnight here and left in the morning. The view to the campground was beautiful but the campground was so full and RVs so close together, hard to enjoy what the area has to offer. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Site had full hookups and a picnic table but was not level. Was not a bad experience, but with other campgrounds in the area, I would not camp here again.

As good as it gets, Quiet, scenic and far enough away but not too far.

As good as it gets, Quiet, scenic and far enough away but not too far.

Great for kids

The staff here are awesome, very friendly & always available to help with anything you need. Easy pull through spots. The playground has the best swing set and is all sand, very fun for kids of all ages.

Great spot with a few oddities

This RV park is owned and operated by the Town of Bernalillo, a community about 15 miles north of Albuquerque(where we live) and is right next to Coronado State Monument, the ruins of an old Pueblo. It is right on the banks of the Rio Grande, but the river is not easily accessible from here. There are some sites that have great river views(A- D), but these sites are very small and have minimal hookups. Most of the sites here are gigantic, with lovely picnic areas. Not just a table, but a table under a fully stuccoed covering. We got a huge rainstorm the night we were there, and we sat in the shelter and watched Mother Nature's show and didn't get a drop on us. It was great. There are lots of mature trees in the area, so you'll get plenty of opportunity for shade as well.

We were in Site 4, one of 6 50amp pull through sites(although the camp host gets Site 1, so there are really only 5 such sites). Electric was easy to reach…water everywhere appears to be on the OTHER side of the site, so I was very glad to have my second hose on hand to reach it. There is no sewer on the sites themselves, but if you're staying there, the easily accessible dump station is included in the price.

The sites are blacktop and at first glance appear level, but when we actually put our levels down, we discovered there was a significant slope. Actually caused our passenger rear tires to be up in the air, which caused us to need to move around the site a little bit. Not a major deal, but I was frankly surprised.

The camp hosts were friendly enough, but they drive around in their golf carts quite frequently, and really seem interested in seeing what you're up to. I was grilling on my little propane grill, and they slowed down and really took a long look at what I was doing. Later, we were sitting outside(right before the rain) and again, a sloooow drive-by. Seemed a little much for a couple of 50-somethings. I'm glad they take safety seriously, but I didn't feel super welcome either.

But we'll go here again. It's right next to one of the best breweries in the area(Bosque Brewing) and I certainly like being able to walk to the spot. When the monument reopens, we'll be able to make a day of hiking, beer drinking and watching the scenery.

Catfished

You’re staying In the front yard with an tension cord although seemed to be relaxing nice people after a 5 hour drive with a travel trailer we pulled up Into a narrow street where they told us to park on there front driveway it was a no for us

Convenient clean campground

Clean facility overall. Tent sites have their own loop with trees separating. Each spot has a gravel tent pad, picnic table and grill. Cost was $20 and included a shower token (5 min).

There were quite a few RVs and tent camping was about 50% full. Great spot while we were passing through.

Nothing to see here.

Well, if you tired and you need to stop for a night, this is the place . Cozy place, no trees, no shades. Clean places, plenty of spaces.

Definitely a must stay!

Traveling along I-40 and needed a stopover for the night. I called and talked to one of the friendliest ladies. We arrived after hours, but it was well lit and easy to set up. I highly recommend this RV park to anyone who wants easy access from I-40, a clean campground and friendly service at a great price!

Good location

Not too far off the highway and only about a mile and a half to a decent grocery store. Location is secluded and quiet. Staff was friendly and got us to our site quickly. We have a small RV which fit nicely into our spot but larger RVs were stacked close together as the space between sites was small. Looked like lots of sites had multiple vehicles so seamed crowded. RV sites are gravel with a little grass between. Not much shade and it was very hot in July. Could use some updates and additional spacing.
Tent sites were not being used but liked a little shadier and had trees between. Some small cabins available. Showers and bathroom was basic but clean.