Tecolotito , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Tecolotito Camping Reviews
Nice campground with a few issues you should know about

We stayed here two nights in July, 2020. We're from Albuquerque, so this was just a quick"local" getaway. This is a pretty sprawling campground, with all kinds of sites(tent only, large sites with only 30 amp service, some sites with full hook up, others with just water& electric and a few water only. Shop carefully! We got a full hook up 50amp site. There is a row of these in the southwest end of the park. These are VERY narrow sites. We snugged right up against the hookups, and still didn't have room on the other side to put out our rug. There are low bushes between the sites, so the awning worked, but very little room for chairs and such. Also, the water pressure was quite low. Weakest shower I've had in our rig. Not sure if this changes with the number of campers, though, since it is well water. Our area was VERY busy and full of some big rigs(most from Texas). Oh, and wifi is spotty. Our site literally had a repeater stuck in the ground right next to our rig, and we got a strong signal, but pretty weak internet. I had better luck just using my Verizon iphone's hot spot. But it was still nice. It's got a rustic feel, but didn't necessarily feel run down. BRIEF interactions with the staff were friendly enough.

We also enjoyed the on-site hiking trail. It is only.5 miles, but making the circle a couple of times was nice on our last morning. I can certainly see us staying here again. It IS pricey(our two nights, with Good Sam Discount plus tax, came to $102), but that's Santa Fe for you!

Solid Spot

Road isn’t terrible going up, saw many 2WD vehicles. Good amount of spots but many have no shade/not level. Decent amount of traffic too. For being way out there there’s a lot of day hikers. Overall a fun weekend spot though.

Great Spot among the Pinons!

I will always remember with great fondness this darling campsite in Santa Fe, NM

I was moving from Sedona and was on my way to relocate to Boulder to attend UC Boulder.

I took a slight detour into Santa Fe to visit an old friend and the minute I pulled into Santa Fe ( with all my furniture hanging off my Jeep Cherokee) someone yelled, “ Welcome to Santa Fe!!

I thought what a friendly town this is! So I parked my Jeep in a 1 hour spot and fell in love instantly with Santa Fe.

I walked into a super nice restaurant and got hired!

So then I thought ok, now what??? Where am I going to live?

I went to Walmart and bought a tent and a bottle of wine and went straight to Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground- which became my new home for about 2 weeks- until I found a sweet apartment.

I remember ironing my uniform in the bathroom, and the amazing smell of Piñon and Junioer 🌲

I’d love to go back for another visit.

Such a beautiful and sweet spot to stay

Great place

Very nice clean campground. A little small but the spots were very nice. Love the water that runs through there super clean and clear you can see the fish swimming

Good location

The RV Park is about 20 minutes from the old town shops and restaurants so it’s a good location not far off the highway. Grocery is close and nice. Site was good, could have used leveling and more gravel (some sites better than ours). Privacy was good with trees and bushes between sites. We were thankful for the shade trees and fire pit. Picnic table was a little shabby. Pool was closed probably due to COVID-19? They have a store with a few items that was open 8-12 and 4:00-8:00. Laundry room needed cleaning and updating. The reason I can only give this place three stars is the condition of the bathroom and shower area. Needs a good deep cleaning (I recommend a power washer). It also needs updating and painting but if it was clean that would not matter so much. Bugs and hair on the floor and con webs in the stalls. The fan looked like it had never been cleaned. Walls and door definitely need paint. I would also recommend taking the bars off the windows and cleaning them to make it look more inviting. Wish I could give it a higher rating, it has potential.

Remote campground

Enjoyed the hiking trails. Definitely difficult in a car. We made it barely. A nice remote campground. Saw quite a few backpackers   Looking forward to camping there again this year now that we have a truck

A must see and stay!

So, the campground hosts and the ranger Lawrence were very friendly. Bathrooms were cleaned often, and the showers were hot. Very secluded sites along the Pecos River, and a cute store for firewood etc nearby. There are hiking trails, and the one along the ridge was fun to hike.

Laid back life, close to town

Campsites are small yet private due to the wonderful shrubbery and small trees. There is a great trail that winds through the back of the property. The bathrooms could use an upgrade, but after all, it is a campground. Pool in the summer and fire pits in the winter. I love this campground!

Wife's favorite

Camped out in the open. Bright full moon. Beautiful trail along creek. Awesome stone shelters

Beautiful Setting

Great place in a beautiful wooded hillside southwest of Santa Fe about 15 mins or so. They have a pool, a small dog park and a great little hiking trail with good views of the surrounding mountains. Nice facilities, a small store and a laundry mat make it a great place to explore Santa Fe and the surrounding area.