Camping in Maez Place

72 Reviews of 32 Maez Place, New Mexico Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Camp in the Piñon and Cedars

Stayed only one night on our way west. Beautiful location, stay in the tent (primitive) side for more privacy and quiet. The address is 22 Calvary Cedar Crest, NM. We used the coordinates in Dyrt and pulled onto Cooper Road. Don’t do that!

gail A.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Staying by the river

Coronado Campground in Bernalillo has a great location. Easily accessed from I25 but not so close as to be bothered by freeway noise. Right on the Rio Grande. Next door to Bosque Brewery, so good food and brews are at hand. Adobe shelters over the picnic tables at each site keep you from getting…

MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Peaceful Stop Near a Big City

The Campground (CG) is right off I-40 but our Garmin RV GPS wanted to take us up about 15 miles farther West and turn back. This could have been because of the new roadwork and two traffic circles to get to the travel center, casino, and RV park. Waze had us getting off the right exit, going…

• Site 1225, nice level pull-through
  • Site 1225, utilities are nicely placed
  • Site 1225, nicely groomed site
K
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Vintage

Convienient, clean, friendly staff. Sites are pull through, shared hook ups. Biggest draw back is they are not well marked. Noise off 40 did not bother us. Right next to Camping World.

SiteF7
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Clean, easy, quick stop

Pull through, level concrete pad made hook up a breeze. I wasn’t expecting a beautiful setting for my quick stop over, so I was ok with a spacious parking lot. Nice club house, and bath house.

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

One more great overnight spot

Very clean, large restroom/shower...many sites appear to be long term campers...I had a site close to the office/restroom...quiet and helpful owner...internet was sufficient...sites are pull thru which is great for overnight...still under construction but offers good camping...

Site3A
Gavin J.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Relaxing weekend getaway

Came recommended by a friend. Beautiful secluded spot in the Manzanos. Nice kid-friendly trails adjacent to the campground. We had a nice shady site, some others seemed more exposed.

Joel R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

No showers or bathrooms

They can blame COVID all they want, but to not have showers and bathrooms available is totally unacceptable! I made a reservation several months ago expecting “resort” accommodations. They didn’t think to mention the showers and bathrooms were closed. And I didn’t receive and update. However- they…

Joel R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

No showers or bathrooms

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Great Park

Really enjoyed the RV Park itself but felt like a second class citizen since the Casino wasn’t open to non New Mexico residents.

Dennis P.
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Not open

At one time this was a state park, but was sold to the Belen, NM school district and is used as an environmental education facility. There is no camping here.

Jamie P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Nice dispersed camping

A nice place to disperse camp vault toilets, the campground is at approximately 8000 ft. I observed elk crossing my campsite. A very nice place to camp in the summer to escape the heat. Near the town of Corona.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Nice location

This is not the state park campground. This is the NFS campground in beautiful setting. No reservation required. Right next to trailheads. Great Mountain biking on forest roads that link canyons. Toilets but no water so come prepared.

Brett H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2021

Clean, secluded USFS campground

Gem of a USFS campground in the Cibola National Forest near Corona, NM. Can get crowded on weekends and most especially during Fall hunting season.

Note that directions from Maps/Dyrt tries to send you the wrong way off County Rd 22, so follow the brown signs to the campground and you can’t miss…

Natalie F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Great Place to Hide Away in the trees

Great place near ruins and plenty of trails to walk dogs. Most of the sites are very private. Quiet. Clean. The Park Ranger and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Our first site didn’t work for us so they moved us (of course they had availability) we will definitely come again.