Scotia , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Scotia Camping Reviews
Lots of Nature

We stayed late in the season on a very cold weekend. The site was empty since the weather was so cold. Plenty of nature to get lost in. It was also decorated from the Halloween party. There were 4 ponds and the river is a short trail hike away.

Clean & worth the stop

The TENT sites are closed for COVID-19 social distancing, but the RV sites are OPEN. The concrete pads are well maintained, spaced accordingly, and easy to pull into for a variety of RV hook-ups.

The restroom by the main entrance was the ONLY open bathroom. It is wheelchair accessible & clean!

There are pump well water stations in the park. Many places to picnic and enjoy the fall weather.

Bader review

When first arriving there is an office that has showers, bait, and vending machines. Tons of tent spots to choose from. You have the option to fish from 3 or 4 ponds plus the river is walking distance. Beach area for kids seems to have people there often. Good weekend get away.

My main get in spot for kayaking

Over the years this has been my get in spot for around 100 kayaking trips. I’ve never had any issues with anyone messing with my vehicle. People from Grand Island have ruined this park by partying. Now it’s closed half the time and no alcohol is allowed. When it reopens I will still use this as my main get in. Would be much higher rated if it had not been ruined from partying.

Mormon island review

I’ll start off by saying it’s pretty decent fishing. Some sides of the lake have a lot of moss but I caught a few decent sized in just a few hours. Besides that very crowded and would not consider camping at this location.

Not Bad

Typically this park is used by locals for its river access. Tooley is maintained by Hamilton County and is usually in decent condition. Alot of times the area is crowded since it is a pretty popular point to get in and out of the river when kayaking, tubing, etc.

Surprisingly nice

This park is right off I-80 off one of the Grand Island exits. This park was actually a surprise to me. It was pretty clean, especially for as packed as it was. The spacing between camp site were pretty good. The lakes for swimming, fishing,, and nonpowered boats were clean. The trees, and grass areas were pretty as well, and had modern restrooms and showers. There are playgrounds, volleyball court, disc golf and nature trails available. There are camping for rvs, tent, and generator camping. And honestly if it weren't for the interstate noise (which was not bad) I would of forgot I was next to one.

Rv and tent camping

State park sticker required. Fishing and swimming.

Be prepared to wake early

After a long drive, I was looking for somewhere easy to get into and out of, near the interstate.  I stopped for gas and saw the sign for the sites and decided to give it a look.

When I got there around 5pm, I was able to have my choice of sites.  By 8pm, every site was occupied in the tent area.  This seems to be a good stopping point for transient campers as they pass, like myself.  This does cause an issue with the noise from I-80 just outside of the grounds, but the trees and a dirt berm help to keep that down to just a low drone.

Great campground location, and inexpensive.  The site, and amenities, are very nice.  The campsite itself is very well maintained and level.  The tent area restroom was very clean.  The showers are located over in the Cottonwood Campground, and are adequate.  This was my first encounter with the pay showers though, and I had to scrounge around for quarters to feed into it.

The only small problem is that at approximately 5am, I started hearing the air/fan boats from a local launch on the Platte River.  I was wide awake and had actually already packed my Jeep by 630am.  I am not sure if this is a normal occurrence, or just something that happened that one day.  Other than that, I would definitely say to give this place a try.

Edit:  The Bosselman Travel Center is a great place to pick up a little food as well as fuel up for your trip.

Quiet and Easy

Making the trek back East, i needed a place to crash for the night. Quiet campground and a beautiful view off the lake. You have to pay for showers. 1.25 for 6 minutes got the job done. Chopped wood for sale at the nearest gas station.