Lodgepole , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Lodgepole Camping Reviews
1 night stand

We stayed at the Little Thunder campground for 1 night while passing through Nebraska. Wow! The views were wonderful. We had to pay $8 for an entry fee into the park. Camping fees were paid at the campground using an envelope and a drop box. They offered full hookup sites 1-8 for $37/night and sites 9-42 are $32/night w/ electricity. We chose site 25 It has a nice sandy trail that leads you right to the beach.🏖 We arrived at 4:00pm on a Friday evening in September and there were plenty of sites to choose from. We seen a few campers & tents ⛺ boondocking on the beach, we wanted to go out there but after boondocking in Colorado for 5 days we wanted to enjoy the electricity hookup for the night. The cons to this site is there were tiny cockle burrs on the ground EVERYWHERE! Our poor dogs were injured immediately after arriving before we realized these cockle burrs were on the ground by then we had tracked them inside the camper, vehicle on our shoes..My family got them stuck in their hands and feet ouch! I wasn't a happy camper while getting those burrs out of the dogs paws and out of the camper and clothes. There are no signs stating dogs weren't allowed on the beach so we carried them down there where they were safe to walk around. I am not sure if these burrs are all over the campground because I did not leave our site other than the path to beach which didn't have these burrs. The wind had picked up out of nowhere and the clouds rolled in then sand was blowing hard everywhere so we retreated to our camper for the night. Be prepared there is alot of white sand here.

Place is trash

Full of dirt and nasty bugs owners are not good. They run over cats and kill dogs seen it happen. Old man jimmy doesn’t care about anything but drinking beer and killing animals. 600$ plus to stay there a month without hookups. It’s full of sand. Don’t stay here.

Quick night sleep if you can deal with spurs

Bathrooms were large and clean. Plenty of hot water in the morning. Has a laundry room. Friendly staff and neighbors. Had many many painful plant spurs imbedded on the tent floor and coming through. There was a wasp nest in the electrical outlet as well. We were tired and just wanted to sleep. No other camp was available so we delt with the spurs.

The correct website for the camp is Buffalobillsrvparks.com

Convenience off of highway

This is a very convenient place to stop while road tripping east west across Colorado off of the I-76 Highway. Looks a lot like most of the campsites are for RVs and most of those places are occupied during the summer. There wasn't much available in terms of tent sites, nor does this place really cater to the tent camper. Tent sites I did see were not very level were very small. They did have a picnic table and maybe a barbecue pit but they were pretty unkempt and no fire pits at sites I saw. It is pretty great that they have a pool and hot tub on site, but it has not been maintained and was closed for what looks like a while because I saw a lit of debris build up in the hot tub. Their bathrooms are open and available, and are an upgrade from a porta potty, but they are nothing special. There is a dump station with non-potable water available and also sites that were full electric hookups. Even though I tend to sleep in my roof top camper, I usually can book tent sites with that arrangement. This place was very cheap and allowed me to do so, but next time I need to road trip I'll look for a site with a few more working and available accommodations like a fire pit.