The best GROUP camping near
Broadwater , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Broadwater Camping Reviews
Clean with a great view

We stopped for a night.  It is a standard RV type park operated by the city.  It was very clean and well maintained.  The price was reasonable and we had a nice view of Scotts

Bluff.  With full hookups which we needed as it was warm and we wanted to run the AC.  The park staff was friendly at check in.

One nice thing was the sites are plenty big.  We didn't feel like we were right on top of each other.  Excellent cell coverage.  We would stay again.

Clean but confusing

Stayed one night using one of the six tent camping sites. You either have to self register at the main office (unmanned) or go to Cabalas store and pay. A nice lady and daughter was waiting on a bus at the campsite building explained the procedure and most importantly gave me the 3 number pass to get into the bathroom (priceless)!

Bathrooms were clean. Camp is noisy due to I-80 is 1/4 mile away…u can see headlights at nite on your tent walls. Plenty fresh water outlets. Electrical was the large round 30/50 amp? I wasn’t able to hook in due to no adapter. Got around 2 hours of sleep. Bring ear plugs.

Nice and clean

Campground was very clean. Our toddler loved exploring Cabelas and playing at the playground.

Well maintained & Gorgeous Views

We enjoyed a quick weekend trip to the Scotts Bluff National Monument and Wildcat Hills this weekend. We stayed at The Robidoux RV Park in Gering, NE. The RV Park is owned and maintained by the city of Gering. It was located next to the Five Rocks Amphitheater and had a shared green space with a nice playground for children. There was a little basketball court and an additional large green space in the center of the grounds. Almost all the lots are paved and pull-throughs. It was a nice little RV Park. The only drawback was no open fires; so no s’mores on this trip. My youngest little girl decided to “catch” all the trash cans (dumpsters) and counted 5 within the park - hence the slightly strange picture of a delighted child in front of a dumpster 🤪

New Campground at Sidney Ne

Tired of driving-take a break here. We stumbled across this campground when returning from Colorado and needing a place to stay over. It is self register at night and the sites are level, on gravel, and clean. There is a picnic table and a fire grill at each site. There are about 30 Rv sites and some tent sites. It will be a few years until the trees grow large enough to give shade.

Ranger Review Wildcat Hills SRA campground and INNO INH 330 Aero Light

Ranger review of Wildcat Hills SRA. If you love to hike and want to truly feel like you are away from it all check out Wildcat Hills. This beautiful recreation area just South of Gering Nebraska is just minutes away from geological wonders such as Chimney Rock, Jailhouse Rock and Scott’s Bluff National Memorial Park. Wildcat offers Archery, gun range, biking, hiking, picnicking, a playground, nature center and hunting. I’d add that if you are a bird watcher you need to get to Wildcat hills. There are also big horn sheep, wildcats, rattle snakes, elk, and deer in the area although we didn’t see any in our two days and nights at the park. There is a huge nature center that will provide a great place to cool off, stay dry or just for learning for the sake of learning. 4 main trail heads interconnect through rough, minimally maintained hiking trails that climb up to 5,000 feet. Backpack a lunch to the bottom of the canyon and try to find the Game of Thrones shelter (my pet name for it). I’ve given this park 4 stars because we were fortunate enough to camp at the group site that an area boy-scout troop updated. There are two other camp sites along the dirt road leading to the group site. Those 12 total sites are very close together and I wouldn’t recommend anything more than a pop up camper in those spots which are right on the road. If you have to camp in one of those 12 sites I’d rate the camping at 2 or 3 stars. this park hits it out of the ball park with the hiking and nature center.

Ranger review INNO INH 330 Aero Light Bike Rack

I had the opportunity to review the INNO INH 330 Aerolight QM bike rack. I have put hundreds of miles on this 2 bike rack from state parks to urban use. INNO has created a rack that is worthy of consideration among high end bike racks. The INNO arrived in a large clean and well packaged box and was nearly fully assembled. There are a number of pros and cons to be considered with this rack as with any product. I’ve listed those below.

Pros: Well made light metal and plastic construction that I believe will hold up for a very long time. Innovative locking cable for piece of mind. Fits both 1.5” and 2” receiver. Quiet ride. Exceptionally study bike securement if you don’t have attachment and you have a triangular bike frame. Protects your bike from banging into other bike like on hanging style racks.

Cons: awkward fit on height bar strap if you have a water bottle or bike tire pump attachment. If you are mounting different bikes often there a few adjustment steps that will take some time before you can secure your bike. The pins that secure the arms in the lower and upper positions can stick and require some force to pull out and place. I think some WD40 would probably resolve that issue. Bikes without the traditional triangle frame do not strap well to the veritable bar.

In the end, I’d give this rack 3.5 stars I would give it 4 if it fit my son’s non-triangle frame bike. I recommend that you consider the INNO and determine if it will fit your bikes and your needs. This rack has become my go to if I only need to take my bike or one other. Find your local retailer and try it out with your bikes.

Sorry about the oddly formatted photos. They flipped during upload.

Clean water, spots next to water.. serenity

Very nice, yet smaller body of water. Sandy lake great for jet skis.

Location and Staff are Redeeming Qualities Here

We stayed at this campground in late fall. There are very few campgrounds available in this area after the summer ends, so selection was limited. Reservations are made via phone or submitted online form. Although the staff was very attentive, from the confirmation phone call to the registration, we were a bit put off that the sites were very open and close together. In addition, when the employee called to ask about what we needed for our reservation, she implied full hook up, including cable in our mind. When we arrived we discovered there were very few sites that had cable available, and so our sons were disappointed that they would not be spoiled for the weekend (they don't get cable TV at home!). This RV park appears to be owned by the city of Gering, NE.

The view of Scotts Bluff National Monument from the campground is beautiful, especially in the evening. I enjoyed watching the sun go down and hit the bluffs with that perfect golden glow (so much better than cable TV, right?), but was also put off that there were no fire rings, so we could not have a campfire at our site either. They do have raised grills for charcoal (or maybe small wood) and each site has a picnic table.

On the plus side, there is a playground attached to the property that has updated equipment that our sons enjoyed.

Wildcat Hills Canping

There are only about 4 campsites in Wildcat Hills but there are various campsites around the area. The campsite is right off a well traveled road in the park. They are also at the trailhead of a very nice trail that splits into various trails along the way. The campsites are very close together but camping there is not very popular.