Alvo , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Alvo Camping Reviews
Some of the Best Hiking in Southeast NE

I love Platte River State Park; there are accommodations for every type of camper - cabins, RV, privative - hell they even have teepees!

On top of the excellent camping offered, they have a wealth of amazing hiking / biking trails that traverse through some amazing scenery. Just like the camping, you can pick between the less intensive paved walkways or you can walk along the hilly bluffs that contour the Platte River.

A great place to crash for the night

Arrived out of Denver. We crashed here for the Night. Key was in the night drop. It was quiet and the amenities looked nice but we really were only here for about 6 hours. Would recommend as a great place to crash just off the interstate so easy access in/out.

2 trains in the night

As with all KOAS they’re always near a main road or freeway so there was noise from cars passing - but becomes white-noise so was okay. There were 2 trains in the night - but we were able to fall asleep again. Other than that - clean tent sites, restrooms with showers and nice staff, oh and a huge bump in the ground that was a bouncy trampoline that all kids were having a marvelous time on. We’d go again.

Please note: the entrance from the road needs extra lighting - please be extra careful when entering!

Great little hiking park

Been coming to this place on and off for years. They have several hiking trails of different skills inside the preserve. There is a couple look out points of the Loess Hills as well as a educational visitors center. There is a rv camping site, as well as cabins that can be rented. There also 2 types of tenting as well. There is the walk up sites near the cabins, and also a few hike in camp sites.

Mahoney review

My buddies and I rented cabin in the area. Lots of options when it comes to cabins tent areas and RV pads. There is enough here to keep you busy for a long time my favorite is the eagles nest you can see miles down the river. If you have a family I would strongly recommend a visit. Might be biased due to having a bunch of birthday parties here growing up but it’s one of my favorite places to take my son. Photos are taken from river looking at Mahoney.

Rockford review

Large lake. Not overly crowded and very dispersed. Got a really good vibe from the RV area. Nice clean swimming plus the pads that float on the water. Decent fishing I caught two good sized in an hour. I would recommend if you are in the area. Only downfall is I got no cell phone service the whole time.

Close to town easy in and out fishing

I like this site because I can get there within 20 minutes from my house in Lincoln. Paved roads and parking lot. Easy to use boat ramp. If you enjoy dock fishing this is the lake for you. They have several individual docks to fish off of. The catfish will come right up to them at night.

Been going here since I was a kid

First off let me start by saying, I have been going here since I was very little. So I may just have soft spot for this place. But I have always had a fun time here. Whether I was riding a bike around the paved roads. Fishing in one of the sandpit lakes they have to offer, or the river. Walk around the nature trails, or lakes. Or swimming in the swimming area, or wading in the Platte River. I have alway felt at home at this park. It's always clean, and quiet in frequent visits we have had. They offer tent, and rv camping either off the lakes or river. They have a day use area for the river where you can go and visit in the day or picnic. They also have old remodeled Union Pacific caboose you can stay in.

Reserve!

The camp office personnel are a bit annoying and don’t seem to want to help you much. You probably could get more help by visiting the cashier at the small camp store. We had a reservation, but the site was terrible crowded. We asked the office if they could move to a more secluded spot and they were not accommodating at all. It’s a rip off if you have to cancel your reservation. You also have to pay for the state park fees which is absurd!

Next to river

Riverside is a primitive campground so no electric available. There are fire pits and picnic tables at every site with ample space. There is also a playground and access to the Platte River. This campground fills up fast so you Igor wanna reserve ahead of time.