Hodges , MONTANA

Most Recent Hodges Camping Reviews
Great views - Convenient

Nice stop or weekend. No power, water at visiors center. Verizon service limited to none. Great trails for hikes. Hosts helpful.

Pine on Rocks campground

This was one of several sites up a winding steep but paved road where trailers are not allowed. We had a very private site #20 with our own clean private vault toilet and garbage can. It was down a single track rutted road but our 24’ pop up truck camper made it with ease. We could see some of the hoodoos if we walked around. There was lots of room to set up a tent and just wander around. Cost was $14. We had groupings of pine trees for shade as it can get hot there even in Late September.

There is a campground for larger RVs but they are on asphalt closer to the entrance. They were crowded and it looked hot there.

Cottonwoods along Yellowstone River

We stayed here for 2 nights just relaxing along the Yellowstone River. Price was $18 unless you had a Montana Fishing license. The sites were wide and spacious. We were there September 2020 and few people were there. The huge cottonwoods were turning gold. Yes, there is a dam but it was quiet. The sites are really spread out and several like ours were by the river. There were vault toilets scattered about and two water pump spigots with amazing water pressure. Garbage cans were also provided. There were also a fire ring and a picnic table. It was a quiet campground away from the highway that didn’t see much traffic.

This place is so cool!

It seems like I’ve said every campground on my trip was awesome. However it was my first time to the west AND The Dyrt helped me plan my trip so I found some AWESOME campgrounds.

Makoshika Stare Park has a Triceratops on the sign, how can you not get excited about checking it out! Kids would love this park.

The campground I stayed at has a reservable TP , a pit toilet and good sized sites but not much shade. My site ran right up to the edge of a drop off. My Pomeranian , being the bonehead he is jumped right in ! Luckily it was only about 6 or 7 feet.

The hiking was …well… Awesome! Lol You can actually walk through the hills and on top and around. There were rabbits appearing and disappearing. There were benches in interesting places. Informational markers and interesting spots.

Excellent place to bring the kids.

Cool, clean & convenient

Campgrounds in Teddy were closed due to Covid so had to find an alternative. This did the trick nicely. Much of the campground seems geared toward the horse crowd, but the small non horse tent loop was nicely set in a wooded area by a creek. Neat views of the bluffs all around.

It's all about the park

The campsites are perfectly fine. The park is stunning.

Leave no trace.

Great bass fishing

This spot had some amazing bass fishing. Our site was located right on the water.we have been co.ing around this area my whole life we live it

Small TV park

This was a small rv park we stayed at for 3 night there is space for around 7 units. And some tent space as well. It was clean and we liked it alot.

Awesome

We stayed here while camping we liked it alot we will be back as it was a very nice campground.

Not sure what to say or rate

We pulled in at 830 pm and immediately noticed the few campers that were parked had no lights on. We could barely see where our spot was as There was no check in, you just go right to your spot. I typically like to check in and meet the people who run it to get a good layout and understand the vibe of the campground. We had site 12 I believe and we got a spooky vibe when we pulled up to it. It is literally 5 feet from a cabin that had huge window and a door that lead right to our driver side rv door. It just felt a little weird to have to hook up in the dark with no lights around us except our own headlamps and wonder if someone was inside watching us from their window. The spot was also very visible from the road so that also spooked us that people were driving by seeing us get ready next to a very dark cabin. Hind sight it was probably a fine campsite but I always say trust your instinct so we left. Something just felt slightly off, especially in the dark right next to a very long and dark cabin that anyone could have been in.

That being said, the ground was also fairly uneven and it is a very basic campground. It seems it was more for cabins and someone just decided to hookups and no picnic tables

I bet the views are nice and the people staying are probs great too! Again it just felt a little off so we left so I can’t honestly give this a fair rating