Baker, MONTANA
Most Recent Baker Camping Reviews
Beautiful Scenery

Campground was clean and well maintained, camp hosts were friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Easy access, nice parking pads, have picnic tables and fire rings at each camp site.  Offers RV dump and potable water in campground.  Does not have hook ups and have limited times to run a generator. Great option close to Medora (7 miles) without the hustle and bustle of town.  Very beautiful views of the badlands.  Easy access to trails for hiking and biking.

Grassy!

From reading other reviews, this is the best you'll find in the area. Bare bones camp sites, mostly in the open. I found a nice space on a grove of trees, and there were a few others like it. $6 per night! Free showers! The water was a tad sulfuric and had a slimy feel, but I feel refreshed and I don't smell like the road. A little bit of high speed trucker freeway tire noise in the near distance, but overall a great overnight experience. FYI, I pulled in at 2am in the height of summer, and there were plenty of sites to be had.

Grassy!

Bbeautiful and quiet. Super close to Medora ND

Perfect for fishing

Its perfect for fishing and kayaking

this is back to nature at it's finest!

If you want to get away from it all, this is the place. It is remote, secluded, and beautiful. If you are looking for peace and quiet, it's definitely available here! There isn't "much" to do…if you're looking for swimming pools, golf courses, yada yada…but if you just want to camp in one of the prettiest places on earth, this is it.

Much to be desired

Not much privacy. The site or group site that we stay at has no grass, is on top of a hill with no protection or privacy which most of the campground is similar. There is also a bar just around the corner which gets quite noisy if bands are playing on the weekends. There is one restroom facility with showers.

A parking lot at a City Park

We parked a long the wedge of the grass under the trees. A lot of flies. There is a dump and water! Close to town to do laundry and get a bite to eat.

I love this campground!

This campground is secluded! A couple of short trails. Nice camp spots. A couple of outhouses. No running water, BUT there is fresh spring water at the entrance of the park! Close enough to Baker, you can stop by during the day and grab a couple of brews at Old Skool Brewing!

steep terrain makes it secluded

the park is just north of the town in a small forested area. water and a pIt toIlet are available. camping spots are very few but well spaced and comfortable for tents.

Midnight Arrival

We were thankful to have found Buffalo Gap Campground on our return drive home from Glacier National Park. There are not a lot of options when driving the lonely highways of Northrn Montana. When we arrived at the campsite at Midnight during a thunderstorm, we were surprised to see so many available sites that were level for our small A-frame Popup. While located right off the highway, the noise was not excessive. Due to other reviews we had anticipated paying to take a shower; however the coin slots were taped over and we showered for free with plenty of pressure and hot water. We spoke to the very friendly camp host the next morning and he confirmed the nightly charge of $6 per site. If you have the National Park Senior pass it is only $3!!! Quite the bargain for a night's stay in a very clean and convenient campground. Note: The cost may increase to $10 in the future, but even that is still a bargain!

Lots of old rocks

This is a pretty neat campground if you enjoy geology and some history. The campground itself has a few areas which can flood quite easily (I got a bit wet when an unexpected storm rolled in). Otherwise, the campsites are nestled in between a mixture of large rock formations and tall trees. This makes it a fun place for kids because they can run around on the rocks and still stay in view of parents. There is water and toilets available here and you will probably see a decent amount of deer. In the way of hiking there are some trails but it seems more like a free for all to just explore the area. Overall, a fun place to visit even if you are just stopping for an hour or so.

It was an alright place but just didn't do it for me

Had originally planned on staying here for a few nights but decided to head elsewhere after the first night. That was purely a personal choice and not because of any of the parks offerings. The coolest thing is seeing carvings in the rock that are said to date back several hundred years. That alone was worth the stop. Other than that it was just another campsite to me. They have fire pits for the sites, dogs are allowed which is a big plus for me, vault toilets and even a picnic area. You have access to water also, but be prepared, this is a pack in - pack out place. Don't get me wrong it is a decent place and there is a lot of wildlife, but for whatever reason I just didn't get into it. Maybe if I had stayed as planned and hit the trails I would have reviewed differently.