The best GROUP camping near
Platte City , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Platte City Camping Reviews
Clean But Dated With Lots of Long Term Renters

We visited Basswood Country RV Resort in October 2020. All in all our experience was a positive one, but prospective visitors should know that there is a large section of long term renters that you must drive through to get to the short term sites. This gave the impression that this was less a vacation park and more of a trailer park. The facilities were clean, but older. The site we stayed in was large and level.

Free!

Stayed here overnight 10/30/2020. Only ones in the campground, though some people came and went. Quiet for the most part some distant semiautomatic gunfire late at night but did not feel unsafe at all here. Quite a bit of garbage around, especially in fire pits. There is a pit toilet bathroom but no dumpster.

Great place to camp!

This was the second campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to get to, beautiful overlooking the lake, and was clean. The hiking trails were overgrown and no longer accessible.

Convenient Campground to Escape the City

This was the first campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to book online, the attendants were very nice, and the campground was well maintained. The only thing I did not like was some sites were shared and not individual.

Nothing shy of memory

The caretakers here are the sweetest people. Taking my 2 and 6 year old on their first camping experience we chose this place and they told us as we checked in that they wanted their 1st camping trip to be awesome…loaded us up with some complimentary firewood…let us pick out our tent plot, and directed us toward the bathrooms and drinking water….and that's where the good part of the review ends. We had to change plots 2 times bc as we unloaded our gear and attempted to set up camp we were welcomed and not left unpested by snakes of all sizes and large insects…it was dark when we managed to lay my already sleeping children down in the tent…the night air was clouded with mosquitoes but the moon was full and the stars were amazing. Coyotes could be heard in the distance…we thought…until around 3 am when we were startled awake by what appeared to be large dogs without leash, collar, or owner licking our tent. Circling our tent….The morning daylight couldn't come fast enough…The bathrooms were dirty and infested with various insects and covered in cobwebs…a short walk to the waters edge sent us home w 2 children covered in chigger and mosquito bites …extremely disappointing.

Beautiful state park

Perry State Park is well maintained and manicured park. The primitive sites and RV sites are extremely close (especially the RV sites) other than that they have dedicated hammock sites!

Rude Ranger at Gate and dump station disgusting

The campsite was okay. It was a busy weekend and we were not in a preferred spot, but it was wooded. The ranger at the gate was horrid. He was rude, yelled at each person coming through. He was especially annoyed at me for wearing a mask. He wasn’t and was within 3 feet. Lawrence is a college town with high rates of covid across the campus. He is talking one on one with these kids several times a day! He seriously grabbed my phone out of my hand when I asked him not to. The dump station has pooling sewer water and the water was not working. The park lacks maintenance, and it could be cut backs due to covid. Clinton lake it nice, but beware if heading out for camping.

Awesome

Loved our weekend here at this campsite. Like another review said, there are no check in/check out process- check in times are late 5PM and check out is 6PM. Our site was spacious and not too close to our neighbors. It had a few trees perfect for our hammocks and provided ample shade. The firepit had an attached grill but it was too dirty for us to use. There was also a large hook to hang lanterns/garbage. You can find little playgrounds through the campsite. We did see A few rangers patrolling in the late evening.

The bathrooms were a short walk away and were not the cleanest I’ve seen but clean. Shower pressure varies with each stall and does have hot water. There is no hand soap in the restrooms but hand-dryers. dumpsters are a close walk by.

We drove to the loading dock to catch a sweet sunrise - also stopped by the beach but it was too dirty for our liking us to swim.

It was mostly family RV camping, but a quiet weekend overall. The only complaint I have is that there are lots of bugs/spiders. Overall, i would definitely come back again and hopefully snag a site by the waters.

NO TENTS

its not tent friendly owner was a total a hole towards this bikepacker "this is a rv park im not loosing my license over a tent"

Great spot for fishing overnight

The road in is paved but extremely curvy. There is a great spot for a tent or truck camping.