Montgomery City , MISSOURI

Most Recent Montgomery City Camping Reviews
Daniel Boone

Nice area, second camping area at the end of the road. No amenities at the end of the road, but there is a toilet at the first camping area. Beautiful scenery, alot of hunters.

Pine Ridge

Closed for the season

It's a pretty good campground

Our site was a good ways away from the road, and they're pretty generous with their firewood. Their bathrooms are pretty old though. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Three creeks

This place was very very disappointing for camping. Very very little spots available for tent camping and a very dilapidated 5th wheel was parked at the end. You have to go down some very back roads onto a private lane to get to this parking area. There is a very shotty sign pointing the way, otherwise you end up in someone's front gated entrance. Trails were over grown and definitely needed some maintenance. Did not spend the night.

Large campground area

I felt like we were in the deep woods. Not much grassy areas. Electric sites only. I felt there were not enough Shower houses or toilets for amount of camping spaces. Now for the great things about this camping are. Camping spots divided into three areas. Puma, Coyote and Badger. The Badger area was closed. I found the site 98 in the Puma area quite nice with a little more grassy area. The shower hose was very nice and clean. There were a few sites with semi view of the water. I recommend 77 and 82. Wonderful boat ramp off the beach. Great for kayaks. Nice fishing area. All in all a pretty good camp.

Great For Adventuring

Whether you’re at one of the 25+ lakes in area, one of many beautiful trails, the mysterious WWII bunkers or the scenic roadways, Weldon Spring offers many an escape in the middle of town. Popular amongst marijuana users as the area is so big and close to the large sub-urban area nearby. It’s clean and a great spot for a group or individuals any time of the year.

For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.

Great Campground

Pros: Free!! Close to Columbia but far enough away for a getaway. Easy to find from the road, even in the dark. Fire pits and picnic tables are there. Vault toilets and running water available. Hiking trailhead at the entrance of the campground. Camping spots are spaced out enough.

Cons: Can hear lawn-mowing and Gun shots from neighboring properties in the early morning. Still not the end of the world. Definitely fills up on the weekends.

I stayed at #3 and it was a very spacious private spot. If you have kids/dogs I recommend spot #4 it has a long strip of playroom for running around without disturbing other spaces. 2 week maximum stay.

Clean and well maintained

We have visited this campground multiple times and stayed in multiple sites.  We tried a new location this time (#25) and really enjoyed it.  It was located by itself and was truely car camping with a parking spot at the site itself.  #24 is slightly smaller, but has the same benefits.  #26-28 are located just up the hill and would be great for multiple families camping together.  All 5 of these sites have 2 hammock stands and are located close to a pit toilet that is clean and well maintained.  No water pump that I could find for this location.

Previously we have stayed in W4 and W6 which required hauling the gear from the parking lot into the "primative" location.  These were nice, but all in one large clearing with no privacy.  They were also a bit of a walk to the bathrooms.

I would also recommend site #20.  It was grouped with others, but at the end of a row.  It would also require hauling gear in from a parking lot, but might be worth it for the shade and seclusion.  It is also close to the lake.