The best BOAT IN camping near
Kiln , MISSISSIPPI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Kiln Camping Reviews
Our First RV Trip

We just bought our first RV a 32’ class C. I booked a premium site with sewer. The campground was very clean and well kept. My site was relatively level and was easy to back into. The only minor issue I had is the sites are very close to each other, I would prefer to have more room between them. We went to the pier on the lake front and also hiked one of the many trails. All and all it was a very good outing and I would camp there again.

Great state park for camping

We had an incredible time, the campground and facilities were great and the camp hosts were the best!!

Choot’m

This place is crawling with gators in the lower portion on the lakes. Hey this is south Louisiana. Tubing down the River is a big attraction. Nice park.

Serious solitude

When the pandemic hit, I hit the road. Drove south to Biloxi, parked, hopped in my kayak, and paddled to Deer Island. It’s less than a half-mile off the coast, but far enough away to be left alone. Great paddling, quiet camping, lots of birds. Downsides included: casino views on one side, and a lot of litter along the shores.

I’ve been told it gets crowded with parties and boats on weekends, but I didn’t see any of that. Just the trash left behind.

Worth the money

My boyfriend and I car camp and try to stay in primitive areas for the lesser (or no) fees. This site was $15 for primitive camping but included a water spigot as well as port-o-potties. There were also fire rings at each camping site.

We stayed here during Halloween and it was pretty crowded. We prefer more secluded camping sites, and this campground provides plenty of space despite being so packed. There were several RV campgrounds that had decorations and trick-or-treating.

We didn’t have any problems with rowdy kids or quiet time. Everybody was mostly respectful. We did encounter coyote, deer, and lots of talkative geese, so be prepared for some wildlife interaction.

Wildlife

We love this campground cause has lots of wildlife.

Quiet and clean with nice trails

Staff was very friendly when making reservations by phone.  Park was clean and the sites while gravel, were easy to maneuver.  Bath houses were clean.

Better than expected

Our site was perfect for us. Plenty of shade at our particular site. Pad was wide enough without a slope coming out of either door. Fire pit was in a nice location and the picnic table was huge. Family was able to do plenty of bike riding around the park with only one monster hill. The park was full but spread out enough to enjoy our on space. The river area was crowded due to the day users but we found a area to keep our distance. There are some really nice sites in the upper portion of the park. The lower portion is not really ideal for our 36ft TT. But if you had a small unit it may be perfect for you. Staff was extremely friendly. We will definitely return to this park.

This place is magical

Beautiful state park located on the Tammany Trace, a rails to trails paved bike path. There are tent only campsites and RV camp sites. The sites are very level. There are also cabins if you don’t want to “rough it” or don’t have an RV. There’s an old sugar mill ruins in the park. Fun hiking trails and a lake beach. Beautiful old oak trees draped in Spanish moss. The visitors center is really cool and has a museum emphasizing nature, history and craftsmanship of the Fontainebleau State Park all in one place. I highly recommend this place and look forward a return visit.

Excellent and clean!

The cabins are beyond beautiful, and have been well kept up. I have always received THE BEST customer service, and the kids love the play areas. All in all, the best place for a family get away in the area!