Camping in Guckeen

50 Reviews of 12 Guckeen, Minnesota Campgrounds

s
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Would not reccommed

The guy gave me an address that lead me to an abandoned barn so I was then 40 mins out of the way.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Small and tucked back

Was a little difficult to find the first time but when we found it I loved it. Back in kinda private. Friendly people group came to celebrate July 4th but respectfully all left early and the nights were quiet. Lots of adventure hiking and wonderfully clean.

Chris S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Really nice set up for a quick stay over off of I-90

We found this place by accident, and were very happy we did. It’s a small family run campground with mostly seasonal campers. Set along the shores of Lake Imogene, which comes out of nowhere surrounded by farm land, and you can’t even see it from the road. Mature shade trees everywhere, Impeccably…

• lake imogene from the dock
  • giant beautiful shade trees with sites underneath
Stephanie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Large, Clean Campground - Limited privacy

This review is for Oak Woods Campground at Lake Shetek State Park. Drive-in Site 12.

This campground is pretty large and there are neighboring campgrounds that make the camping options plentiful in this state park!

Sites are well marked and they are all in close proximity to one another. There…

• Oak Woods Campground Site 12 at Lake Shetek State Park
  • Hike the causeway out to Loon Island while you are visiting!
Alison O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

Feel in’ at home on the range!

Beautiful drive along CR 169 MN scenic byway! The park itself is different because right outside the campgrounds is a live herd of bison that you can drive thru for viewing!🦬

Best known for its waterfalls and trails alongside the Mississippi River! 💦

SiteB Loop - 15
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice

Staying here during trip to SD, April is cold bit nice check in process. Clean and level site. Large site and we'll spaced out. Super nice lady, owner?, Checked me in and was super nice. No water hook up due to weather but glad we chose this as a place to stay. Would recommend for price with…

Paula H.
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

Amazing sunsets on the lake

Amazing sunset views on the lake. I’m here during hibernating season for the mosquitoes so it’s very pleasant but I can imagine it’s not pretty during the summer!!

Alison O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2021

Early spring tent camping here we come!

Didn't get in till late evening so had to do our initial exploring at night with our handy dandy headlamps!🤪 Still fun, peaceful and even better we had the whole park to ourselves! Had tons of peaceful animal visitors including herds of white tail deer walking through our camp ground! Owls and…

Jesse G.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Great little site

Stayed for a wind project last February1st through March. Clean showers and restrooms and great owner

Gerald
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2020

Awesome campsite

Camped at a backpack site and it was pretty great. 2 mile hike to the site and the site was fantastic. On the water with lots of tree coverage.

Tyler M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2020

Pretty but loud

The park and waterfall are very pretty. The bison will walk right up to your vehicle for some great photos! Our campsite was loud however. Trains and vehicles flying by all night. The campground was clean and you have space between your neighbors!

D
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Awesome campground

New paved roads, boat landing to river and frisbee golf connected. No water hook ups at each site. Has one in central location so luckily I had just enough hose to fill up the camper. Close to state park with trails and bison so had a great weekend!

Wally B.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2020

Awesome Sunset!

Really nice spot almost overlooking the lake (Through the trees), had fire ring, picnic tables and room for quite a lot of tents! For me and my family it was perfect!

Alex C.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Feels like you're in the woods.

This camp ground is surrounded by farm land including our own. The only down side is the lake is shallow so fishing is best early early camping season. The showers are also odd to get dressed since there's no mat so maybe go in with a swim suit. Cell service is sketchy! If you like backpacking in…

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2020

A beautiful state park campsite site

This campground is definitely an awesome spot to spend the night. We arrived there around sundown, and set up camp in the spot we reserved. The view was absolutely beautiful over the hills, with the forest giving us cover from the bright sun rays in the a.m. Slight warning though, if you aren’t an…