Frogner , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Frogner Camping Reviews
Best chain of lakes anywhere

We’ve camped here several times over the years but we use the boat ramp at least weekly. The ramp is great, there are 6 connected crystal clear lakes with several more adjacent lakes. This year due to Covid, only seasonal campers were allowed which lowered my rating. In my opinion, site 41 is the best. You have your own little beach, and could pull your boat up to it.

I fully enjoyed staying here. Scenery was amazing and you are close to many activities in northern Mn.

Quick stop

This is a quaint beautiful spot. We had a blast!

Nice Stop Along the Way

I came out of the BWCA near Grand Marais late in the day and so wanted to stop somewhere to camp as I headed south before dark. There were plenty of spots available online at this little park. It was clean and the campsites were fine—could see my neighbors without much tree cover though.

If the weather had been better when I woke up I would have hiked some trails or paddled the lake. Next time!

Great trails. Tidy campsite. Clean showers.

Overall a great place to stay. We stayed at a campsite with a tent and there was plenty of room for the two of us. If you have a group of people you may want to look into two sites but otherwise plenty of space. The campsites are relatively private with trees between the sites to allow some privacy. There was a well water pump near our site which was very convenient. There was firewood available to purchase as the state park as well.

The shower and bathroom facility was new and very clean. There are multiple private shower rooms which was a nice surprise.

The trails in the park were well maintained and well marked. The trails along the river were very pretty. No trails seemed too strenuous, a fairly easy hike.

—one thing that we found was there was not many places for swimming in the area. The river appeared quite murky when we visited and there were signs for no swimming at the park. It’s quite possible we just didn’t research well enough to find a swimming spot, but we could not find anywhere.

So glad we stayed at this park. Would recommend!

Pattison State Park

Very nice, clean park with easy trails. Sites were well spaced with brush/trees between. ATT & Verizon both worked fairly well. One on the nicest night overs we encountered so far. Would return. Big rig friendly with decent roads.

Right on Lake Superior

The area is beautiful with a lot to see and do. The camp is clean and for very full this time of year with many campers enjoying the color change on the north shore. Would like a little more forest around me but for a convenient spot I would stay here again in the future. Very clean. As far as quiet you listen to the waves hitting the shore line. Bring a jacket if you plan to be next to the water.

Site was almost 90 degrees to road, hard to park

Not really seeing where the 10 ratings on Good Sam came from - a bit disappointing. Back-in site was 90 degrees to the road - if the bathhouse parking lot wasn't across from it, wouldn't have been able to swing in on a 24' travel trailer. Water pressure was low, internet was out more than on. It was at least quiet for our overnight, but probably better for those interested in the casino scene than traveling families where someone works over the internet.

Perfect spot

Great place, simple, very friendly and accommodating. Beautiful views of Nelson Lake.

A little piece of heaven

We've been coming here for quite a few years. Has new owners that bought it 2-3 yrs ago. They are absolutely wonderful! Nice game room for the kids on a rainy day. They also have a small playground. Fish cleaning facility. Nice restrooms and showers. They'll bring you a load of wood if needed for a very reasonable price. Overnight sites on the lake or actually a bay. Has a boat launch within the campground and slips to park your boat by your site. The campground sits on Nelson Lake. Fantastic fishing!!