About Pattison State Park
Hike In
Pattison State Park is located in Wisconsin
14 Reviews of Pattison State Park
Beautiful!

Tallest waterfall in Wisconsin! We’ve camped here many times, a good place to try and snag a first come first serve site if you’re camping last minute. The fall colors are AMAZING to witness at this park!

Backpacking/RV life oh my!

We have started at Pattinson State Park a total of three times.

Our first time was at a backpacking site and we did not arrive till after the office had closed. We found a map at the park office and set off on our trek. The park had a major flood Father’s Day 2018 and we were staying in September 2018 which meant many trails were washed out. The trails leading into the backpacking sites were not marked and there was construction everywhere making it very difficult to find out site. Once we found the site we discovered the backpack site was a very secluded site with nobody else in site. The site has ample space with a two picnic tables and a nice bench.

We returned this year in May to the backpack sites and found the trails were still as torn up as before and with just as little navigational markers on the trail to tell us where to go. At the backpack sites you can use whatever wood is down at the site for your fire.

We again returned in June this time to stay at the Main campground with our camper. Our site was located on the left side of the loop. The site is designed as a pull through site however if you do this your door will facing the road and the back of the camper will be to the fire pit and picnic table. Other than that the site was great with LOTS of space. We could have parked two campers on the site and still had room for a tent.

The hike to the falls is amazing as well. This park has the 4th highest waterfall east of the Rockies at 165 feet which is only 2 feet shorter than Niagara Falls. They have a nice selfie station where you can set your phone to take photos of you and whoever your with.

There is a lot of construction at the park due to the flooding that occurred in 2018 but it is well worth it.

Largest waterfalls in the state

Beautiful beautiful state park for hiking and swimming for children the beaches enclosed on a man-made lake with no motor boats allowed perfect for kayaking and canoeing for hiking through the woods to see the waterfalls campgrounds are nice and secluded but I have minimum utilities Vault toilets the definition of a beautiful Northern Wisconsin Campground the only downside is the beach has been closed for swimming as of 2018 due to flooding

Beautiful State Park

This is a this is a beautiful Wisconsin state park with some of the largest waterfalls in the state beautiful Trails for hiking and a nice man made beached in Lake for swimming as of 2018 due to flooding the beach has been closed the campground is nice with private sites

Beautiful!

Bbeautiful spot. Great hikes. Nice showers and her peaceful.

Meh

Great place to hike around at however the campsites are stacked on top of each other. We had a very rude and loud family come in late at night blasting music. Each spot had a picnic table and fire ring

Great campground

Great clean campground. There were lots of pit toilets close to our campsite and then the shower house had nice real toilets. Showers were hot and clean. Each site has a fire pit and firewood available for purchase there was also a bench and picnic table at each site. We have at&t and had great service but sprint didn’t have service. There was a flood June 2018 and a lot of the hiking and beach was closed but the waterfall was pretty. If we ever come back this way we will defiantly stay here again.

Clean Campground and Good Hiking

The campground I stayed at was clean and it was awesome waking up with the sound of rushing water. I loved hiking around the falls and being able to swim all day as well. Though, with all this water the bugs were thick and there wasn't enough deet to keep them away. Pretty area to hike through but I don't think I'll be staying the night again due to the bugs.

Beautiful, quiet

A great campground! There is a beach, playground, as well as drive-in and hike-in sites. The waterfalls are very cool, and they have nice signage and pamphlets to learn more about them. I recommend taking the time to read about the geology. I haven't stayed in a car camping sites, but we thought they looked very nice.

The hike-in sites are great, not too far to walk but you have privacy. One thing to note about the hike-in sites is that the trails aren't well marked. Once you're on the trail for a while, they start having regular signage, but the start of the trails themselves aren't marked. You park in an area behind the car camping sites, next to what I assume is a storage building or old house. There are two starts to the trail, the one I found best is down the service road maybe a couple hundred yards. There's also one on the other side of the lot, but it winds a bit, forks into another trail, and all in all seems a little more confusing. I'd recommend just talking to the campground host when you get there, they can explain everything. The walk is short enough (a mile and a half) that we hiked out and back a couple times when camping, either to access the beach or to fill up water. Another important note is that while it's in an area where hanging a bear bag is recommended, the woods aren't thinned enough to where there are strong branches low enough for a bag. It took quite a lot of looking to find a suitable spot for our bag. There's a fire ring and picnic table at each site, which was nice. The bathrooms outhouses, which was a nice surprise, as I was expecting an unenclosed vault toilet.

There's a separate trail to the beach from the sites as well, but I went back the main way anyway. The beach isn't anything special, but is nice enough. There's a nice, small playground near the beach as well.

Pattison

Pattison State Park features a good sized campground, nice swimming area, and Wiconsins highest waterfall, along with some beautiful hiking trails