the dyrt
About Pattison State Park
Pattison State Park is located in Wisconsin
10 Reviews of Pattison State Park
Beautiful!

Bbeautiful spot. Great hikes. Nice showers and her peaceful.

Meh

Great place to hike around at however yhe campsites are stacked on top of each other. We had a very rude snd loud family come in late at night blasting music. Each spot had a picnic table and fire ring

Great campground

Great clean campground. There were lots of pit toilets close to our campsite and then the shower house had nice real toilets. Showers were hot and clean. Each site has a fire pit and firewood available for purchase there was also a bench and picnic table at each site. We have at&t and had great service but sprint didn’t have service. There was a flood June 2018 and a lot of the hiking and beach was closed but the waterfall was pretty. If we ever come back this way we will defiantly stay here again.

Clean Campground and Good Hiking

The campground I stayed at was clean and it was awesome waking up with the sound of rushing water. I loved hiking around the falls and being able to swim all day as well. Though, with all this water the bugs were thick and there wasn't enough deet to keep them away. Pretty area to hike through but I don't think I'll be staying the night again due to the bugs.

Beautiful, quiet

A great campground! There is a beach, playground, as well as drive-in and hike-in sites. The waterfalls are very cool, and they have nice signage and pamphlets to learn more about them. I recommend taking the time to read about the geology. I haven't stayed in a car camping sites, but we thought they looked very nice.

The hike-in sites are great, not too far to walk but you have privacy. One thing to note about the hike-in sites is that the trails aren't well marked. Once you're on the trail for a while, they start having regular signage, but the start of the trails themselves aren't marked. You park in an area behind the car camping sites, next to what I assume is a storage building or old house. There are two starts to the trail, the one I found best is down the service road maybe a couple hundred yards. There's also one on the other side of the lot, but it winds a bit, forks into another trail, and all in all seems a little more confusing. I'd recommend just talking to the campground host when you get there, they can explain everything. The walk is short enough (a mile and a half) that we hiked out and back a couple times when camping, either to access the beach or to fill up water. Another important note is that while it's in an area where hanging a bear bag is recommended, the woods aren't thinned enough to where there are strong branches low enough for a bag. It took quite a lot of looking to find a suitable spot for our bag. There's a fire ring and picnic table at each site, which was nice. The bathrooms outhouses, which was a nice surprise, as I was expecting an unenclosed vault toilet.

There's a separate trail to the beach from the sites as well, but I went back the main way anyway. The beach isn't anything special, but is nice enough. There's a nice, small playground near the beach as well.

Pattison

Pattison State Park features a good sized campground, nice swimming area, and Wiconsins highest waterfall, along with some beautiful hiking trails

enjoyed our stay!

clean campground, lots of shade, lots of hiking water spigots throughout campground

beautiful Falls

The falls are so beautiful. Well taken care of park with wonderful hiking trails, pet friendly clean park and did I mention the beautiful falls? :) I can't wait to come back. SO much to do and see. If your a nature lover then this is a must visit place.

Loved this campground!

This was a really nice campground. Nice and quiet for its medium size. Wooded sites are nicely spaced (but never far enough away). Facilities were clean and maintained. Liked all the possibilities for hiking and the proximity to other State parks in Northern wisconsin. We visited Cooper Falls as well. Took a trail path out of the campground to the most amazing water fall. Showers available in season. Pit toilets but nicely maintained.

Backpack the Falls

Great friendly service from Rangers. Trails were well maintained. Stayed at both backpacking sites and campground. Both were clean and provided a great experience.