East Pepperell, MASSACHUSETTS

Camping Massachusetts East Pepperell

Most Recent East Pepperell Camping Reviews
Not really our scene

Mostly seasonal sites. Lots of golf carts and drunks (if that’s your thing, cool). Facilities were nice and clean. We didn’t feel like we were in nature. More like the parking lot of a Kid Rock festival. They charge for EVERYTHING (internet $10 per device). Will not be back.

Bucket of Fun

You want an easy family camping trip? Go here. They took us last minute, and for 40$ it was everything we needed. Showers, bathrooms, on site water connections, and there’s plenty of seclusion on their tent sites for some easy camping. There’s ATV trails, activities, and for what you get it’s absolutely worth it.

Great campground

Owner does an amazing job at keeping this campground looking it’s best. Many major upgrades within the past couple of years. Electric has been revamped, sewer has been upgraded to accommodate full service hook-up to each site, and they recently renovated the laundry. Brand new dryers as well. The manager is quick to help if there are any issues and is always very accommodating. Great family campground with activities for the kids. Definitely a must see!

Felt safe as a solo female

I chose a spot away from others and was glad I did. Behind me was nothing but quiet woods and a deer meandered through a couple times. At all times I felt safe and at ease, even walking to the bathroom (100 yards away) in the dark. The only issue was that the bathroom wasn’t very clean, full of bugs and there was no soap in the (1) dispenser for a few days. Otherwise, I’ll go again!

Easy check-in

Check-in during COVID times went smoothly. Some sites are a bit close together. Be aware that you can hear a train horn throughout the night, so if you're a light sleeper, that may be an issue. The trees were wonderfully tall, with plenty of shade. Picnic tables and firepits conveniently located on sites.

Nice Camp Ground

Nice campground. Clean, quiet, well maintained. Lots of pine trees so pine needles and pine pitch can be a slight issue. Staff is friendly and good amenities but no pool.

Tucked well off the road

If you blink you might miss the sign for the camp grounds, hidden in the gas station sign. We again camped with family, we were able to face each other and had a nice space in between us. Pool was open, as well as laundry and bath house. Pool was refreshingly cold on the hot weekend we were there. Boys did some fishing, only caught a eel. The bath house was clean and showers were large and looked really nice! The owner fogged our site but it didn't help fire long. Those bugs out there are vicious. No amount of bug spray help me or the kids. The eagles were beautiful to watch!!

Our first outting!

We chose Lazy River as our first spot to test out our new to us camper. My husband complained about the noise from 28, it didn't bother me much. Having the river right there for the kids to fish and dogs to swim was great. We were all alone at the end of the field, and that was ok with us!!! Electric didn't come right on so my husband called the office and he came right down and fixed it. He apologized as it was there first weekend for the season. To us, it wasn't a big deal, kinks get worked out. Saturday rolled around and some noisier guests came in for the night, they were several sites away and sounded like they were having a great time, didn't bother us. The river must not have been too cold because a bunch of them swam earlier that day. I used our bathroom and shower in our camper, but my husband did say that the bathhouse near us was clean ever time he used it. Lazy River was recommended to us by a family member, for a low key campground to get out feet wet camping! We would come back again.

Hidden Gem

General Notes:

After a long day we  did a virtual version of throwing a dart at map to head out and do an overnight camping trip.   Our dart landed on Erving and we literally had never heard of it … so we were … skeptical.   However, we were absolutely delighted by this great spot in the  beautiful Erving State Forest.

Pros / Cons:

This is a very small campground with only 27 sites and only 13 sites open during the 2020 / Covid Season.

Situated by a beautiful lake and access to several hiking trails.

Although you have good privacy to your left and right - you are not far from your  camping neighbors across the way … and we quickly learned the names of their small children as parents yelled their names almost constantly.

There is also zero cell service (there is an operational pay phone at the showers) which is fine … but wished we knew ahead of time.

All pros outweigh the cons.  We'll definitely be returning to this small hidden gem which is also situated by a lovely lake and has fantastic hiking trails.

One of the best in Massachusetts

This campground is fantastic. This is the cleanest campground I have visited. Everyone is very friendly and helpful and there are lots of activities plus food trucks. If you have a boat, you can rent a dock slip too. We love it here!