Anthony, KANSAS
Most Recent Anthony Camping Reviews
Nice little park

Nice little place for reunion or a few campers. Water and electric only. Has nice bathrooms and showers. 2 pavilions. Not to big of a area.

Great Adventure

The Great Salt Plains is great place to go for an adventure. You could spend hours just digging up the crystals on the salt plains. I would absolutely recommend everyone to spend the weekend here just relaxing and having a ton of fun. The RV Camp sites were very clean and the cleaning staff that were there when we went were very friendly.

Best place close to Wichita

Best place close to west Wichita. Several areas to choose From. Most with large camping spots. All with fire rings. Water and electric available with several dump stations.

Sad

Spots make no sense. Not someplace to bring a large camper. Bathrooms nasty with very rude campers. Go 15 min west to Cheney

Great!

Have stayed at this lake many times over the last 35 years, both in a tent and a camper. There are sites for everything. I've even seen people sleep in the bed of their pickup trucks. Full service, no service, whatever you need. Bath houses are cared for daily.

Never busy or loud

Never busy or loud when I've been there. Wish there were fish in the lake. Nice little swim beach. Perfect place to get away from the big city and see the sky.

I have camped here every year

The people are friendly and fishing is decent. Great scenery. Always clean. There is a rver near by. Awesome time at the kingman state fishing lake

Awesome time to hang out here

Great time to chill and hangout around the fire. Good facilities great time riding bikes

My favorite place to camp

Hang out at Afton. Chill spots everywhere. Good place to bring your bike and ride in the mornings. Campfire and hang out with the boys

Nice chill environment

Great place to hang out with the family. Awesome for fishing in the boat if, you can find the right spot!!

I love Cheney. Great place to take the boat out

Awesome camp sites. Good facilities. Fun time

Private but Crowded

Beautiful lakeside camping just outside of Denver. Campsites are a bit close together, but great for groups! No hookups here but you have bathroom facilities and a visitor center where you can buy firewood. Campfires allowed in the fire pits. If you have an RV beware quiet hours from 10pm to 8am, no generators allowed. Lake is perfect for paddleboarding, kayaking and fishing and you will most likely have phone service if you are with AT&T or Verizon. Many day use areas, however vehicles and individuals are charged. For campers, if you bring more than one vehicle you will be charged daily for any additional ones. No drinking water is available, you must bring your own. Dirt roads to the lake are rough and narrow. Close to Deckers for incidentals. Intersects with the Colorado trail for hiking and biking and close to the Colorado River for tubing!

This place needs a lot of work but it is quiet and people are friendly.

Need better bathrooms and camping spaces are way to close together.

what the French Kansas!

most screwed up backward spot choices I've ever seen. seriously. does not make sense. clean area but seriously the spots…

good camp

easy to get to. people are super helpful

Growing pains

This lake & park is going through a lot of renovations but should be pretty nice when completed.

Called hobie beach for a reason

This is the place to go locally if you are going to do a little bit of sailing. There is a local club, and clubhouse, and they have events during the summer time. there is some nice sand areas to launch from, and a decent amount of land for tents camping with RV hookups close to this point. they have bathrooms but no showers here.

Beautiful City Park

Lots of hookups(20-50 amp) Shade everywhere. Clean restrooms and free hot showers. Dump station. Large group shelters and a nice/new performance stage. RecognIzed disk golf course, horse shoes, basketball, sand volleyball and children’s playground. Fantastic nearby grocery/general store.

Take Your Breath Away Beauty, Unexpectedly so in Oklahoma.

The campground was underused when I camped there, with electric, water and typical amenities including a great hot shower, I’d go out of my way to camp here again. The GPS map had the checkin at the w4ong end of the Park, but otherwise I had no problems. I got one of many open spaces with a view of Steed Lake and plenary of room for any size RV. Fires were allowed which is a prime requirement when I camp. There was a wild storm the night I arrived, making for an indescribly sublime sunrise. Don’t miss this campground.

Beautiful view and nice sites

Lake view is great and the sites are big! Ranger lives on site and super helpful!!

Family camping

Great caretakers, always polite, facilities clean (notwithstanding June bug attacks!)

Decent

Driving long hours through kanas, if you have done this before…is daunting. there really isn't much to it. This time through we were able to find this camping area which was not to expensive but very basic. Which is how we like it. The best thing about going out of our way to this campground is we went by another place called Cowley lake state damn recreation area. Must stop here if driving through Kansas beautiful lake and waterfall! Maybe 40 minutes before Wellington Lake.

Low impact outdoor fun

We were looking for a park that had plenty of amenities for the whole family to enjoy. Typically, our camping/hiking trips are just for my wife and dogs with intentions of long rigorous hikes. However, this weekend we needed a place to take an inexperienced party.

Besides having to navigate around bridge construction on highway 38, this was an excellent trip. We started the day by heading straight to the visitors center, nature trail, and auto tour.

The nature trail was perfect for my 3-year-old niece to walk. Occasional benches, mowed and manicured paths, and designated lookouts were excellent for everyone in our party. The auto tour was literally a one way driveable trail through the park flanked with scenic views making nature accessible for those unable walk long distances or rough terrain.

Next we drove to the salenite crystal digging areas. There are designated sections of the park where patrons can dig for salt crystals. There is no charge, and the scenery is like nothing else in Oklahoma. Bring a shovel, dig about a foot down and sift through the sand to find crystals of different shapes and size. Note, your car will likely get salty, so make sure to wash it off quickly afterward to avoid any erosion.

We camped near the spillway on the south side of the lake. The spillway offered a really cool view and has stairs that lead right to the waters edge. Campsites were tidy, mowed, and well maintained.

Summer fun

The campsite has friendly staff, the facilities and campsites are clean, great swimming area. They are pet friendly and have a leash law. The boat ramp and dock are good sized and kept maintained. I have a great time everytime I go. I recommend it as a stop while you are in Kansas.