The best BOAT IN camping near
Magnolia , IOWA

Most Recent Magnolia Camping Reviews
Peace & quiet

Reserved electric unit 090 for the weekend, which had a scenic corn field for a backdrop - this is Iowa! Paved roads, level gravel sites, wide & mowed trails, clean pit toilets and a layout that isn’t too cramped. The pond has multiple shoreline fishing spots with picnic tables and a cleaning station. Basic playground in front of the beach which is a short drive or a ~1 mile trail walk away.

Clean & kid friendly

Well kept & family friendly camping in Iowa! We were able to reserve an electric unit (#30) right off the lake and across the road from the large playground (~5 setups for different age groups). We could watch the kids play while getting food ready or preparing a line to throw in the water. Short walk to the very clean restrooms with flush toilets & showers. Will come back!

Clean, very nice campground, kid friendly

There’s a pretty big playground near all the sites. When I went in the first weekend of October they had a little trick or treat night too! Extremely nice amenities; flush toilet and showers. Very nice for Iowa state parks.

Cottonwood Marina & RV park is home when in Nebraska

Love this place. Band on the weekends, playground, full level hookups on gravel, free wifi and on the river

Still closed

This park is right off the Missouri river, and everytime there is flooding this places gets shelled. We had some major flooding here 2019, and it appears this park is still closed. It has a great view of the Missouri river when it's open and is close to Bellevue. I guess we will see what transpires with it as it's not the first time it's been flooded.

Great state park, but closed

This is a state park in Iowa right off the Missouri river. And also directly next to or connected to the great nature preserve Desoto Bend. Unfortunately there were massive floods in 2019 in this area that effected the area near the missouri, Platte, and Elkhorn river. Due to these flood this great park is closed along with other parks that are still closed. If you look around and see a few parks that are closed and some that are open but have repairs needed. I hope this park will open in the future. And this and other parks get the repairs that they need. This park is one of Iowa best in my opinion.

Great little hiking park

Been coming to this place on and off for years. They have several hiking trails of different skills inside the preserve. There is a couple look out points of the Loess Hills as well as a educational visitors center. There is a rv camping site, as well as cabins that can be rented. There also 2 types of tenting as well. There is the walk up sites near the cabins, and also a few hike in camp sites.

Nice, and clean lake

This place was pleasantly clean to me. Blue lake which is the lake this state park sits on. When you drive in from the road you see on your right the lake and to your left are houses. You go farther down and you see picnic accesses off the lake. And there is a swimming area and beach further down with a fully accessible restroom. There is also a keelboat on display and visitor center with a musuem. The center was closed when we were here, (thanks covid). Behind that is a dock and a little look out tower next to it. This is where we saw people kayak mainly. You go farther down and this was where the campsites were. This appeared to be more of a park set up for rv and campers than any tents. You go farther down pass this and you find more accesses to trails, and taller grass. This is a great park especially for a rv, and how clean it is.

Been going here since I was a kid

First off let me start by saying, I have been going here since I was very little. So I may just have soft spot for this place. But I have always had a fun time here. Whether I was riding a bike around the paved roads. Fishing in one of the sandpit lakes they have to offer, or the river. Walk around the nature trails, or lakes. Or swimming in the swimming area, or wading in the Platte River. I have alway felt at home at this park. It's always clean, and quiet in frequent visits we have had. They offer tent, and rv camping either off the lakes or river. They have a day use area for the river where you can go and visit in the day or picnic. They also have old remodeled Union Pacific caboose you can stay in.

Will get better with age

This lake is a Nrd controlled lake that is relatively new, and requires a daily pass or annual pass. I believe it opened 2012. This lake sits just out side of the Northside of Wahoo, and sits off a relatively busy highway. So as you would expect there is some traffic noise. Also with the age of this lake there is no mature trees around the lake. So as you would expect it will make tent camping difficult for some on hot days. There is tent camping, and rvs, as well as a couple little cabins for rent. The fishing is pretty darn good on this lake. There are several online articles that will back that claim up, as well as myself. This is also a good kayaking lake. There is also a trail, or path that goes around this lake for biking, jogging, or just simply walking. The whole area and restrooms are clean, and well maintained. I thing it's a beautiful clean lake that the city of Wahoo should be proud to be next to. I believe this lake will get better with age.