Camping in East Canton

111 Reviews of 23 East Canton, Iowa Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Great County Park!

Beautiful little lake. Nice beach area. Camping sites pretty level. Park has free WiFi.

Phillip B.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Peaceful yet fun

Great place to come is very quiet and peaceful it has lots of things to do such as hiking boating swimming fishing even has a disc golf course.

SiteLinder point
Dexter R.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

What to do

Not sure as to prices they keep changing

sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Quiet, clean, comfortable

Car camping in my Prius and wanted to stay in a non electric (ie tent) space for $12 but all the tent spaces didn’t seem to have anywhere flat to park. From what I could see, most of the nonelectric/tent were down at the bottom of slopes. Ended up paying the $18 and staying in a nice electric spot…

Chris D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

My favorite campground

This quant little campground is my favorite. There's plenty of room between sites in the electric section and there's even more room along the river in the primitive section, which is my personal favorite. The bathroom /shower house is the nicest & cleanest I've seen. The camp host's are very…

SiteP4
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Gorgeous state park!

To start off, Backbone State Park is one of the most gorgeous parks I’ve ever visited. It’s so beautiful, with plenty of challenging and scenic trails and lots of wildlife. The only reason I didn’t give it five stars is the campgrounds (we stayed at Six Pines). I’ll go into more detail below.…

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Great views, clean campground!

So many great views! Tons of short, fun hikes to try out. Some sites are close together in open fields, but most are spread out and nice! Our site, 42, was a great tent site near the entrance but away from heavy traffic. Spacious and only one close neighbor. Will definitely be back!

• site 42
  • bunnies at the campsite!
Chris D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Nice, quiet out of the way campground

Eden Valley Refuge is a nice out of the way campground on the banks of Bear Creek. We stayed in the RV/Camper side of the campground which is on the other side of the road from the refuge and trails. We stayed in spot #10 with was nice and roomy. All 28 sites have electric and water. Some are a…

Jeannie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Many things to do here

Backbone is a very diverse area. There are miles of trails. Is hiking your thing? What about equestrian? Maybe mountain bike trails? You can even take the family for a nice leisurely walk on the easier trails. Exploring is fun at this park because there is so much to see. The Trout stream was busy…

• area for rock climbing.
  • a bit of history here
  • one of the three gates. This one is next to the Gulf course
Ronnie N.
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

something for everyone

from trout steam,river access for boats or kayaks, to the beautiful trails with educational signs along it. this park is perfect

K
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Quaint and Quiet

I’ve always loved this small quiet campground, even as a teenager. Though I notice that it has gained a lot of popularity in recent years! Campsites are well spread out to give you some privacy, but it still has that “campground feel” so expect neighbors. Though there is a dump station, I would not…

• We were able to find a large, spacious sight.
  • Another picture of the space. we definitely had to be picky about spots in order to find something we’d be able to squeeze into
  • the river is beautiful and so are the trails
Maddi Q.
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Twas cold

We decided to camp here last minute, booked online and saved a few bucks! There’s some neat camp spots in a grassy area for tents and some electric hook ups. I think there were showers here too! I enjoyed the evening here!

Sitebackcountry

Month of VisitApril
Jim B.
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Quite ......except for the occasional trains. 🤔

It is a small camping area with the standard amenities. I like it because you can se the barge traffic on the river. I have camped here on more than several occasions.

Site#12
Melanie Jo L.
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

Great, amazing, fun, family oriented!

Great scenery and views! Fun trails, great beach, lighthouse, boat docks, cabins, caves, and much more. Absolutely loved this place! Had a blast got lots of great pics and memories! Loved the trails but most of all the amazing views/scenery! Fun family oriented park!

• Trail entrance