The best GROUP camping near

Most Recent Archer Camping Reviews
Martin's Access

Primitive camping was awesome

Awesome campground

Easy to reserve and check in, firewood for purchase. Clean bathrooms, showers and spaced out campsites. Not too busy and everyone was friendly. Right next to a Buffalo conservation. You can hike and see Buffalo right in the area which is super cool

Quiet Prairie Camping

We had a cart-in site. One of the few state parks in Minnesota that had sites open the weekend we went. It was a long drive for my sons and I but we enjoyed it. Our site was closer to the bathrooms than I’d prefer (pit toilets in a nice building) but it wasn’t too bothersome. There were plenty of trees in our sites and though we could see some of the other cart-in sites it was pretty quiet and relaxing.

A bit of good hiking in the park. But most is shade-less prairie hiking, so on summer days it can be quite hot. The bison are neat to see. There is a dammed up part of the creek, but it didn’t look like water you’d want to wade or swim in. We drove into Luverne to “The Lake” to swim and cool off.

Nice park need updates.

Very clean park with lots of camp sites. Checked online said they were booked but called anyway to double check and they had multiple spots available. They DO NOT have water hookups at each site, the lady in the phone said they had water but didn’t clarify you have to fill up. I got trailer all disconnected and leveled and finally realized, no water. Had to re hook up and go to spicket to fill. Other then that nice campground near lake and has a very small beach front and picnic area.

Tight campsites and seems like a party park

I find writing a review for this state park and campground to be quite difficult. The park itself is great. It’s very beautiful, very serene, and not crowded. There’s a little more action around the rock climbing area, and the play area can get quite rowdy with local children as well as campers.

My problem totally lies with the campsite. First and foremost all of the campsites are extremely cramped and extremely open. Even the ones that look like they are hidden in trees and bush, are actually mere feet away from the next campsite. And therefore there really is no privacy or feeling like you’re out in the country.

This campsite, as a whole, from what I could tell on my visit, is used by people whose primary objective is to sit outside with their friends and drink. This is not a campsite to serve people who are coming primarily to enjoy the park. This means that there are a lot of screaming children, rowdy late night conversations, and more than a few misbehaved pooches (the dog in the site next to me —to my right by 20 ft—was territorial and growled at everyone who walked past).

I would come here again to enjoy the park, but I definitely would not camp here again. It felt more like a Boy Scout jamboree, but with adults and alcohol.

Great experience!

Really beautiful landscape with a late check out time so we could explore the park for a while in the morning. Bathrooms could have been a bit tidier but they weren’t terrible. Pick spots deeper in the loops of the campground for a bit more privacy. You pay for the site as well as per car, but it is a very reasonable price.

Cart-in Amazing Location

The cart in sites are close to the parking lot pretty secluded. Amazing area at night so open. You can stand by your car and see so many stars. We saw the neowise comet here. This is a beautiful park definitely worth the drive.

Great camp with nice facilities

Couldn’t ask for any better. The climbing is great too

935 Park Lane, LeMars, IA

Just beyond the golf course is the municipal park’s campground. We stayed in the old section (no sewer) which had lovely thick trees offering welcome shade in 90+ degree weather. The sites sit on a small rise between the swimming pond and willow creek. For $20 we got power, water and WiFi. A real find in the middle of corn and soybean country. LeMars is also known as the Ice Cream Capitol as Blue Bunny is headquartered here.

#10 campsite

Beautiful park. Trails to hike are great with beautiful sweeping views.

Our campsite was not as great. We are a family of five and we are crammed in here. It’s also stuffy with no air flow and wafts of the pit toilet.

There are some other cart in sites that looked a little better. Overall I like the hiking but not the camping.