Camping in Magnolia Corner

181 Reviews of 28 Magnolia Corner, Illinois Campgrounds

c
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Not a good experience

The sites were fine but the pit toilets were filthy. They also have a problem with skunks. One came through in the middle of the night. Luckily it didn’t spray our tent.

Month of VisitOctober
Josh H.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Nice place to stay.

Nice place to stay. Camp hosts are great. AT&T has good phone service. Only one dumpster for trash and it's at the entrance to the campground. Shower house is clean and well maintained.

Month of VisitOctober
kent F.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Coles Creek

Core of Engineers built and run this campground, Clean,sites are spaced out nicely.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Very disappointed

We stopped here because it was right off the highway and had great reviews! However, upon arrival, the woman working in the office was INCREDIBLY rude to me and made me feel very uncomfortable. I’m guessing this was due to my appearance- it was hot and I was wearing shorts and I have tattoos.…

K
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Not Ideal for Tents

There are only about 6 tent sites at this campground, which makes it not entirely friendly for tent campers. However, the bathrooms were lovely and clean. For those who are allergic, there is a colony of feral cats living outside of the office. OUTDOOR DOMESTICATED CATS ARE TERRIBLE FOR THE…

L
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

A real gem!

We chose this campground because it was near our route and we needed a place to stay for one night. The campsites were adequately spaced, there were plenty of mature trees for shade, a large pond for fishing. There was also a swimming pool that looked inviting. I went for a run at sunset down the…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Hateful Host

While setting up our tents a woman came strutting down the road and in a hateful voice hollered "You've got 5 minutes to get your car out of here." Come to find out she was the camp host and apparently there was a small sign that one couldn't drop off supplies even though I am disabled. I…

Siteprimitive camping
RebootingU S.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Quiet and peaceful lake campsite

This campground is very clean and super easy to fit any rig. Most sites have lake views and have electric hookup but no water hookup. However communal bathrooms and showers are clean. Sites are fairly close together tough. You can purchase firewood and ice at campground.

B
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great small park!

This is a real nice small park. Each site has great privacy and has very spacious sites. Close to Eastern Illinois University and lake Charleston which has trails.

Kaitlin D.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Our fave place

This is our close to home, fave weekender site. Electric only but still love. Spaced out, gravel sites and asphalt roads. We always get sites with our own private dock to fish from. Spotty reception but it’s great to unplug.

• view from inside camper of lake
  • dock
  • our site
Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great Overnight stop

Nice, quiet campground. Very friendly hosts, great hours, and an on-site small bar!!

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Not much other than the lake

If you have a boat, canoe, kayak, float this is a great campsite for you. The trails were flooded and we didn’t get any internet reception, but we had some great sunrise views. Some of the spots aren’t level and not much space to put your outside gear. The bathrooms were decent.

• sunrise over lake shelbyville
heather S.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Great for Families

Big, spacious campsites with really pretty, big trees for lots of shade. The bathroom and shower facilities are FABULOUS, and super clean. They smell like the laundry facilities as well, so great all around there. Rangers are walking/driving around, and really friendly. Marina and beach are…

M
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

3rd time here

We've stayed here for a few nights in the past. We have peaceful, quiet nights, nice facilities, good Wi-Fi, shade. We always enjoy our stay.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Fire Fly Lakeside Digs

Got in after dark and self checkin midweek was a breeze. I got my payment confirmation first thing in the morning. I couldn’t figure out the WiFi password without standard checkin. Oh well. This space is peaceful, clean, and has a nice vibe.

• RV spot with a deck