Altha, FLORIDA
Most Recent Altha Camping Reviews
Very private

Very private secluded camp ground. Very clean and nice facilities. The host was terrific. We lost power in the middle of the night (no AC! Yikes) but the host was right on it and did what they could. Very beautiful lake I could have sat looking over it for days.

FAM Camp

Was damaged by Hurricane Michael and isn’t open for campers right now. Only Tyndall people are there due to housing shortage on base and in Panama City area

Tallest waterfall in florida.

Not a very big state park but it was very quiet and relaxing. Only about 20 sites total with a very nice restrooms and showers. There was also a spot to wash dishes. Alot of trees so plenty of shade. There are pull through and back in sites. Tent camping all the way up to class A. Water and electric but no sewer at site. There is a dump station. The falls and the lake were nice but depend on rainfall. We have been in a little drought so it was a trickle. There are fish in the lake but do not like to be caught. Swimming area at the lake as well. Some trails but not a bunch. Would definitely come back.

Waterfall

This park has waterfalls, which are beautiful, but not very big. The swimming area was very mucky.

The sites were spacious and well set up.

Caverns, need I say more?

This natural wonder of Florida is amazing. I highly recommend a visit and touring the caverns.

Nice lake

They are still recovering from hurricane Michael but most activities are up. RR's and showers are nice and clean. Be careful driving south because GPS will have you going down some dirt roads

Like camping in a beautiful jungle

The site were so private with lots of vegetation between. We could not see other campers from our site. Beautiful hiking trails, sandy beaches, great kayaking. The added bonus of Shell Island made this quite an experience

Stunning Park!

One of the best state parks I have ever visited! Really well-kept and run. Lots of activities to keep busy, you can fish off the pier, lounge on the beach, rent kayaks or even take the shuttle to go snorkel at shell island. Really stunning. Just be sure to book the campsite well in advance, this place is super popular and fills up very quickly.

Great little find!

Super nice primitive sites! Would advise to book Campsite 2 or 3 as they are more spacious and provide better river views. Overall, well kept and neat. You really feel like you are in a pine forest all by yourself. Looking forward to coming back.

Don’t bother

I am surprised that it got in this site. It has a small spring but not a pretty place. If I needed a place to park just to spend the night, maybe. I live in Bonifay and no……

Silver lake

Excellent trail extensions and a variety of soils/clay pathways

Save Money Near the Beach

The location of this campground was perfect. We were walking distance to the beautiful beaches and pier of Panama Beach. There are a lot fun activities here. They have basketball courts, two swimming pools, laundry, store, fishing (no license necessary), shuffleboard, playground, volleyball and more. It is also close to a miniature golf course and water park. It was a great way for us to save some money while staying so close to the beach.

The drawbacks are that there are often locals that come to use the pools and that is not policed. They don’t clean up the trash very well around the campground and there are no restaurants or stores nearby.

Gorgeous Park!

This is a great park! This is RV only. Nice clean bathrooms and showers and laundry. Has a small pool, pet wash and shuffle board. Several ponds, one with a gazebo. VERY well kept. Office staff is friendly and helpful. So close to everything you want to do, but the natural setting makes you feel secluded. Great place!

Relaxing

Spent a long weekend there with family. Had a great time. Clean park..clean bathrooms

Beautiful & Quiet

We stayed for 4 nights. There were people in & out only staying a night or two. It is very quiet, the beach is nice (there are 2 gators that live on the other side of the lake), the bathrooms are clean, the shower was decent & the host was great! The sites are all HUGE (the outer ring is better than the inner), they are all close to the bathroom & more than enough privacy. You MUST reserve your site either online or by calling & the prices listed on the board are NOT correct. It is now $20 a night for non electric/water site and $30 for water/electric

Very pretty

Private maybe one person will drive down the road but they turn around pretty fast with out a problem nice back country campground

Small... but it’s the beach!

*This campground is currently under renovation post-hurricane and is taking walk-in camping only, no reservations.

My cousin was in from Germany and had always heard about Panama City Beach… we are campers at heart so we went to the nearest campground! However it’s a very short drive to PCB if you have someone along that wants to see the city…

Now, there are two beach areas. One is on the gulf, and one is between the gulf and the bay. The gulf water is a lot choppier but clearer, and the swimming in the spot by the bay is much calmer HOWEVER the purple flag was up and we got eaten alive by jellyfish (as did many others). There is a boat ramp on the bay side.

The sites are all VERY different. Some are tiny, some are huge. Some have waterfront and many don’t. We booked late and got a very small (although not the smallest) site. If you want a good spot once they reopen, definitely book early and pay attention to the measurements on the website.

There is also a nature trail with a freshwater swamp (featuring gators, of course). We saw lots of other wildlife around, including deer and rabbits.

Hot but beautiful

We took this trip mid summer, and it was ridiculously hot. There was no coastal breeze, in fact there was no breeze at all. The playground was nice but the equipment was too hot to touch.

Luckily we cooled off in the Blue Hole… which, let me warn you, is ICE cold all year long. It felt amazing and the kids loved it!

There are a few hiking trails that are nice, including one with a cave tunnel. The cave itself is wonderfully cool, and although it isn’t very big, it is still quite beautiful. It was easy to navigate for those that are looking to see what a cave looks like without the full crawling and spelunking experience.

The little shop at the cave tours was well stocked (including ice cream!). There is also a museum that gives lots of information about the cave and the area in general; on Sunday they had a reptile/wildlife presentation.

The restrooms were large and clean. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall would definitely go back… just during a different time of year!

Hot but beautiful

Need to go back

This beautiful, and historic Park is one I'd like to revisit. My husband and I spent only one night there, as a pit stop along a long drive between South Florida and Texas.

We were so impressed with the beautiful nature around us. Admittedly, we didn't have time to go into the caverns this trip, and therefore need to go back when we can. We did get to hike around the grounds a bit, and enjoyed every minute of it.

We chose a tent site, which required a very short hike from our car. This is the first time we had done that, and although the city side of us may worry around our car and it's contents, it sure made us feel more in the woods than we were. It was quiet and beautiful, having a campfire surrounded by nothing but sky-high trees.

They did experience damage from Hurricane Michael, but I plan on revisiting once things are repaired!

Quiet Country Setting

• Full Hookups (Electric, Water, Sewer)
  • 75 ft. Pull-Through Sites

• Propane
  • Wi-Fi Accessible
  • ATM machine on site

Pets Welcome!

It's a great place to camp for a night or stay long term.

Rustic and beautiful

Great camp ground. Pretty falls.

It was the best of times...no, seriously, no worst, just best!

This park is AWESOME for families!! Great campground, Perfect beach for multiple generations of families. The jetties are great for snorkeling, the beach side is wonderful for sunsets and walks. Fishing is good, and the livin’ is easy!

Great park

The only reason I’m not giving it a 5 star rating is due to our very unlevel campsite. The park is small and the campsites are pretty separate because of the woods in between. The bathrooms were very clean and seemed fairly new. The Blue Springs are part of the campground which makes it nice for scouting manatees, fish and birds.

Out of the way.

Clean restroom, great host, and good fishing.

Simply breathtaking

Easy access, great variety of fish species, lots of places to explore!

Everything You Need

I like to kayak in calm waters. There was plenty of that. I also like to camp on the water. Which was perfect. I do like the gulf side to look for shells & sit. It wasn’t far. Also I like to see wild life. The deer around were practically tame.

too noisy

stayed for a weekend with co workers. never again. interstate noise is too loud. will choose another spot over this.

Quiet with a beautiful view

We stayed for the weekend. Our camper was located directly on beautiful Lake Seminole. The campground is spacious with full hook up to include sewer, water and electric. There was plenty of room for parking.

I did not use the facilities so I can't comment on them. I do think the grass could have been mowed a little more recent.