Camping in North Windham

269 Reviews of 43 North Windham, Connecticut Campgrounds

OThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Closest to Boston but pricey

We needed a base camp for visiting Boston and this campground was the closest we could find. Staff is very nice and helpful. Campgrounds are large and well maintained.

Was the most expensive RV park we ever stayed at.

R
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Love love love this camp

Love this campground, very clean grassy sites. Brand new bathrooms and GREAT location to the beach (3 min ride or short bike trip), block island ferry, restarants and shopping. Yes you can hear traffic, this is not a remote camp, if you want remote go somewhere else like Burlingame. Downfalls:…

Sitearea 2 site 033
AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Huge! Beautiful campground

I think they have over 800 camping sites, no hookups, they do have water spouts around. The bathrooms and showers are in decent condition, heads up the showers are coin operated, so bring your quarters! The lake is beautiful, the sites are pretty secluded from each other considering how close they…

Alexander H.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great site on pond.

Campground is clean safe and quiet.

• from site 10
  • grom water looking at sie 10
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Avoid this place

Staff is hostile and rude site is crowded and unattractive it’s expensive $40 per night. We were evicted because we have a Nature’s Head composting Toilet. They require plumbed in black water.

• Seaside slum
Ronald B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Amazing

It really is amazing how the site suddenly has four reviews and they're all from me and I never did them except for this one so weird although I knew this camp sounds really fun I don't know about one who forcefully puts things into your mouth no pun all pun intended so I avoid this one

Sitenext to your mom
A
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Picturesque, peaceful, and beautiful!

The staff were very polite and helpful. They deliver wood to your site. It’s a place to get away! I loved my time there.

Sitethe bluff
Kevin Ó.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

3 stars for location only

We've stayed here twice due to its proximity to Mystic. The grounds are ok at best with most of the activities closed. Staff is very rude. A good example; "How can I get change for the laundry facilities?" to which the staff member at the front office replied "ummmm ask?". Due to its proximity to…

Ronald B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

First time

We would love to but this is our first hopefully our first stay here super excited though

Sitenone
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Hiking Gem in Sturbridge

Beautiful campground in a nice central location nearby several nice towns in Central Massachusetts. The hiking is some of the best I have seen from a campground in the area, with a huge system of trails which are all very well marked. These trails vary greatly in terms of difficulty, a few of the…

Month of VisitApril
NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Will be back

Staff was very polite, bathrooms were very clean. There’s two brand new bathrooms on site one of which is conveniently located right by the pool. Owners are doing new renovations to make this place look good!

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Quiet, friendly staff, 1pm check out

The lady that checked us in was easy to talk to, explained the campgrounds then we were escorted to our site. The site was small but a pull thru, no problems at all, full hook up. There is a nice pool just getting ready to open we are here mid, May 14th we leave. There is horse shoes, shuffle…

Rebecca D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Great camping

We enjoyed our stay here. My parents stayed in a bunkhouse and my husband and I stayed on the adjacent site. Bunkhouse is very basic but clean. Sites are well spaced with lots of types to choose from. More wooded, close to beach, open fields.