The best TENT SITES camping near
Marble , COLORADO

Most Recent Marble Camping Reviews
Peaceful, lovely campground

Very peaceful campground near spectacular black canyon. The B loop has electric hookups. When we were there, it was First Come First Served. We arrived in late Sept on a Sunday for one night, arriving around 2:30 pm. We found a site easily but in the hour after that there were no more sites in B Loop. Ranger was super nice and she shared interesting info about black canyon. Nice hike directly from the campground to many of the canyon lookouts and visitor center. Beautiful sunsets and evening light!

Limited winter access

I drove up this past weekend for some mid January winter camping and was not disappointed. The road appeared to be rarely traveled and it took some effort just to get my Tacoma to the start of the dispersed camping with no hopes of making it further down the road due to deep snow. Plenty of firewood and gorgeous views, will definitely be returning when it’s a little warmer out.

Colorado State parks are great

We just spent a night but like most Colorado state parks, this one is top notch.  The sites are well spaced but since it's wide open, not a lot of privacy.  Cell service was weak but some had a booster and they had a decent signal.

The view of the reservoir is very nice.  Would stay again.

Beautiful Place

I went here with my boyfriend and some family and it was so peaceful. All the trees on the campground make you feel like there really isn’t anyone else nearby. The best part is Twin Lake is only a short drive away. Great Lake for kite flying too!

Most Pleasant Campsite I Have Been!

We took a buddies trip in October and it was the perfect spot for a getaway! Highly recommend and will be returning to this site in the future!! From Nich, Aaron, and Anthony From New Mexico!!

Great wooded campground

Very friendly staff, beautiful wooded campground with small pond. Plenty of shade. Great base camp to go explore lake Isabel and crested butte and black canyon.

Was good long ago

Lots of people and worse they all seem to be crapping everywhere. Toilet paper (used) litters the areas near the stream.

Lucky find!

On a roadtrip from Houston to Vegas.. my darling fiancée and I had planned on stopping in crested butte but couldn’t manage to make it there in time and we just so happened to find this campsite along the road we were traveling and good lord I’ve never been so happy with a campground!!!!! One of my favorite stays along this week long trip!

Only downside was that it was very close to the road but that’s not enough for me to take down a star! Easy self pay right up front, bathroom, nice trails, and the views here were unlike anything I’d seen off the side of any old road!

The pictures are amazing but they still do no justice!!

Campsite was clean, there was only 1 other camper, few was just $12(if I recall correctly) and honestly I would paid well over that amount for this spot!

Each campsite has a small trail behind it that leads to a river with a towering cliff on the other side. Yes… I went to all the campsites and went through all their little hidden trails to see which one had the prettiest sights and I tell you what.. they were all amazing! Especially this one that had rocks that you could walk on out over the water. It was a campers dream 😍

I would and have been suggesting this spot to anyone traveling through Gunnison, CO!!!

Starter Camping

This is a pretty, but small lake. It's nice to be able to camp so close to the lake, but ultimately you are shoulder to shoulder with your neighbors and your are fully exposed to the wind and sun. The Summer is packed. Winter you will be by yourself.

Perhaps this is nice if you have kids, want to allow them on the lake but in close view, and are new to camping. But ultimately, this is not that great of a place.

Leave no trace.

Lots of Dispersed options

Miles of FS roads right off the main park entry road, 347, before you reach the park entrance.  Roads are pretty rough, but pick a site not too far along if you have a trailer.  I would not suggest trying to drive your class C or A in here-go into the park and pay for a spot.  Check conditions-muddy or snowy would definitely make access tough.  I went to watch the Leonids meteor shower (sad showing) and found a great spot open to the sky.  Plenty of spots with shade as well.  Endless hiking along the roads.

Please leave your site cleaner than you found it.