Magnet Cove , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Magnet Cove Camping Reviews
Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Great park

This is one of the nicest parks. RV camping with all hook ups avaliable and right on the lake with very scenic hiking. The entire park was very clean. The only con is the camping spots are very close together, but We had the whole camp ground to ourselves. Would be awesome summer hot spot

Our campsite was nice and very close to bathhouse with hot showers. Sites were mostly well maintained. Some of the sites near the water were on top of each other due to rising water levels. Sites next to ours were closed due to water washing out the road and electric hookups almost underwater. Despite problems, this campground could be amazing if Forestry Service wod be allowed to upgrade a few sites. Swimming area was nice.

Beautiful Park with campsites by the lake

We absolutely loved our stay at Crystal Springs. The woman at the gate booth was wonderful upon checkin, just so kind. The site was wonderful. It had trees for a couple hammocks, a picnic table and firepit facing the water(most of the sites are lakeside with wonderful views), and was an easy pull-thru for our vintage Avion trailer.

I also feel like our site was the most ideal site if you have kiddos with you. They can walk in the water from the adjacent beach, you can see them the entire time, and you’re super close if they need you. The beach has a very large area that is shallow enough for littles to stand in and play(our daughter is 7), and it gradually deepens.

There is also a small playground on the beach(however, it was roped off for Covid-19). I don’t recall our site number, but it’s just to the right of the beach, and you can see its position in our youtube video.

On one day, we made the short drive to Hot Springs National Park for an afternoon hike and also went digging for Crystals at Ron Coleman Mining which our daughter loved. And I didn’t know this beforehand, but the“Coleman Rock Shop& Crystal Mines” on the corner of the main road(State Hwy 7) also offers crystal mining for a LOT cheaper. They mine a different area though, and we don’t have video or pics of their mining lot. Call to compare the two before you go.

I can definitely say, we will visit Crystal Springs again(same site, too). Our Little D loved the entire trip.

Beautiful trails with views of the lake.

The only reason I didn't give this park 5 stars was because we didn't camp overnight here, we only did a day hike, so I can't rate the park on EVERYTHING they have to offer. However, everything we did have the chance to explore was GREAT.

From the visitor center, where everyone was very polite and eager to help to the hiking trails that were well maintained and clean. This park was beautiful. Plus, they didn't charge a day fee which was amazing since everywhere I usually visit has a fee to enter the park. That was great since we only wanted to do a short hike.

I did notice they also had a nice playground for the kids, as well as, a boat dock and pier. I definitely want to go back again sometime and actually stay a few days.

Quiet By The River

Stayed here for a night in August 2020. I can’t remember what site we stayed in but each campsite is reserved on a “first come, first served” basis. You can get there and pick an available site at 11Am and must reserve it in the campground office. The camp hosts are very nice! Bathrooms are cleaned and nicely spaced but no showers. Our campsite had plenty of room for both of our tents and 2 hammocks for daytime naps:) Cell reception with Verizon wasn’t an issue. We did have a difficult time finding fire wood as no store nearby sold any. Camp hosts didn’t have any either so come prepared. There are picnic tables, a grill, and fire rings at each site. Even though we had picked a campsite closer to a bathroom, we still ended up having to walk a bit to another since they periodically closed  rest areas for the day to clean. A little annoying when you don’t want to walk but I appreciate them taking all precautions during a pandemic. There’s trails nearby that take you to downtown Hot Springs so we didn’t have to drive. I’d definitely come back here. It was very relaxing!

Exploring the hidden road

This section of the National Forest offers two hours gravel road through the forest. Please do your homework because the road signs are lacking. Word of advice, best to stay away during hunting season as we spotted over ten deer hunters in the area in a single day; a hunting paradise as well. On the path offers hidden creek waterfalls, lots of one way bridge and a serenity drive.

A quick getaway weekend at Petit Jean State Park

Petit Jean State Park is an excellent short weekend get away or a day trip! It offers 8 hiking trails and one biking trail. The Cedar Fall Trail is not to be missed with glorious waterfall and best visit right after a rainy day. Spring and summer is popular camping season so reserve ahead of time. If you enjoy the scenic route then it’s about an hour drive to Ouachita National Forest Park

Premier AR State Park

This is definitely one of our premier parks in Arkansas, especially if you have a family and need outdoor activities. We stayed in the D loop. The spot was almost a little tight for our 32 foot camper. It was hard to level as many of the other reviews said. It is a nice little loop though with the trees and shade. In fact there are enough trees that it was very easy to hang up hammocks! There were lots of tent campers on this loop and small to medium size campers. You will probably want to drive to the trail heads for hiking. If you’ve never been to Petit Jean, there are tons of attractions!

Top of the Mountain

This place is right on top with beautiful vistas. Campground is nice and clean. Trail to the falls was closed due to storm damage but the caves were cool. People have been here for a very long time! Rich in history