Meadview, ARIZONA

Most Recent Meadview Camping Reviews
Beautiful and ugly

We just finished up a five day stay over Thanksgiving weekend. The weather was cold and rainy the first couple of days but warmed up afterwards to a beautiful finish.

The views are just gorgeous, camping is available right even down to the beach. We camped about 100 yards from the beach. Lots of camping spaces available, it is primitive camping. Most of the area is fairly flat. It is a bit Sandy so be careful but we didn’t have a problem getting our fifth wheel toy hauler down there. Keep in mind if you’re going to be operating ATVs of any type they do need to be street legal and insured. There are tons of trails that take you all over. Super fun riding and lots of great views.

If you’re a lightweight camper you can take any of those trails and find yourself a super remote place to camp. I wouldn’t recommend pulling a larger trailer on them though. I would stick to the main road and camping areas if you’ve got a trailer that’s anything more than a single axle.

Park units and RV Sites

There are big double wide and park unit houses in addition to RV spots against the fence and facing the lake.

Some of the photos of the spread out sites and tents are actually of the campground next door.

Park units and RV Sites

Great trees and sites!

It didn’t have full hookups, but there was water, a dump site and fire pits. Some other campers ran there generators too late and too early, but it was a beautiful site with wonderful shade and eucalyptus trees.

Nothing special here

You are out in the middle of nowhere basically so you can’t expect much, and that’s exactly what you get. Charged $35 the first night no receipt provided, then I got wise and asked for $20 the next night. So yeah just offer them that in the first place. Very long term looking place, kind of meth head looking …..so if no other choice, stay here. At least you’ll have electricity, sewer, water, bathroom and sketchy showers.

New favorite place

This place is awesome! Great hiking, clean bathrooms and showers. $20 for camping

Viva Valley of Fire!

Incredible campsites tucked away among the rocks have shelters and an amazing place to watch the light of your campfire flicker across the nearby giant towering rocks that your campsite is nestled amongst.

Amazing lakeside spot

I really hate to do a review of this spot as it will bring in more people here, but this spot is absolutely beautiful, we are right on the lake, kiddos are swimming every day all day, the 80° temperature is cooled by the lake breezes. We have been visited by coyotes, a great egret, roadrunners and numerous other crawling creatures. I'm glad I took the chance driving the 2.5 mile washboard road to reach this little section of paradise.

Government warrrsh

I’d give it 2 1/2 stars. Here on Veterans Day which happens to be on a Monday…. packed full. I decided to take the R-pod down a hill to the waters edge to get away and there were still people. LOTS OF TRASH. And I can’t stand that. Picked up a full garbage bag in a very short distance. The stars are for the water, and free camping. Easy access too I guess. Photo from my bed window tho.

Beautiful place

Beautiful spot amazing views and cold clear water…such a relaxing place. Sprinter van made it in n out no issues.

One of the nicest parks I’ve camped in!

PROS: • Restrooms w/ flushing toilets • Showers w/ hot water • Parking within your site, loved the proximity • Faucet w/ running water on site • Fire pit w/ removable grill • BBQ grill • Covered picnic bench • Covered metal garbage cans walking distance from your site • Pet friendly • Visitor Center driving distance from site (within park) w/ items i.e. fire wood, fire starters, etc. • Lots of hiking trails to choose from! We drive to all of our trails

CONS: • You have to be very patient to score a site. The sites are first come, first served — no reservations and the signs have always said that the campgrounds are FULL when I go here, apparently they’re not. My gf had gone earlier to the park bc I had to work and she had to scout for a spot. Initially, she was not able to find anything so she went for a hike then returned and scored a spot. Patience is key! • RE sites 16 or any that are up against a boulder. These sights are like megaphones. Everything said and done in these sites could be heard from very far distances. Night 1; musicians graced our ear drums with guitars sounds and singing. Night 2; family tortured our eardrums with their screaming child (sound echoed!) and conversations that had TMI written all over them. This is me venting but just be aware if you’re staying in any of these spaces and don’t be a d*€% in general :)

Overall: love this place! Great for beginners in the world of camping. It eases you into it (w/ the access to toilets and showers) rather than straight roughing it off the bat.

Amazing lakeside spot

Great campground close to LV

Love this campground. Easy access from Las Vegas, but feels a world away. Lots of big trees and bushes make the campground feel like an oasis. I’ve come out here on holiday weekends and was always able to find a site. Many of them have great views. The sites over looking the wash allow you to hear a river while you sleep! At night I’ve always heard coyotes and owls. Access to Lake Mead is a 15 minute drive away. Restrooms are flush facilities and clean.

Not dispersed, not open

We went here hoping to find free camping—it was the end off September and they were closed. It is now a private campground and we would have had to pay if they’d been open.

Wow!

Beautiful campground in the midst of beautiful rock formations. The night sky is amazing from here, especially considering how close Vegas is with all its lights. A couple of bathrooms are shared while each site has a picnic table, shade structure and fire ring.

Very Clean grounds and restrooms

Couldn't get a camp site at Red rock campground, or Valley of fire so we "settled" for this campground and glad we did. Even though the RV campgrounds are next door almost every one was in a trailer. But all was good because quiet time came and all the generators turned off. Park Rangers patrolled and we friendly and bathrooms were spotless!!!

Beautiful, Camping for all types, great hiking and visitors center

We had always heard how wonderful this place was and we made a point of staying here after a trip to Utah and Arizona.  We stayed in late October, weather was very nice.  Both of the campgrounds are in the red rocks and most sites you get to park your rig or put of your tent right in them.  Some sites have electric service.  This was (in October 2018) all first come first served, and it is VERY POPULAR.  So, you have to wing it and show up and hope for a site, and this is after you pay to get into the park.  It was so worth the visit, the environment is picture perfect everywhere.  There are a ton of great hikes and if you take the road up past the visitors center you can hike “the wave” see photo below, and potentially see lots of big horn sheep, including males with the large head racks.  This was such a great visit, I hope to go again, and spend more time.

Amazing experience

Sites were nicely spaced and al had water. There were walking sites available also. Shower/ restroom lights were very dim so bring a headlamp or flashlight at night. Also be careful of wasps nest on the rock formations.

Red rocks and beautiful dunes

a short jaunt from las vegas. we took the scenic route through lake mead national park. drove out on a sunday and had sites a plenty to choose from. Loved the off grid camping with majestic rock formations surrounding our camp which felt like beach sand beneath our feat. secluded and spectacular.

PACK IN PACK OUT

Very bad place

And very bad service. No one helps you there you are on your own.

Nice place but cold customer service

Nice place but cold customer service   Everything in this site is NOT ALOWED I understand we got to be clean neat and respectful of environment however this ppl exaggerated

Gem

This one fills up fairly quickly I went the first week of May 2019 I showed up around 10am and about 7 spot were open I set up a chair and payed for my spot. When I came back in the afternoon all were filled with many late comers making the rounds. The campground setting is neat with beautiful red rocks surrounding you. Bathrooms were clean and showers were available. Great state park with lots of fun hikes.

Successful camping trip

Nice site. Easy in and out. Close to the water. Store employees and park host nice and friendly. Pet friendly park. July camping is a little extreme. But spend the day by the lake and leave a/c running in trailer and you are good to good.

Willow Beach experience

Nice cold water, WiFi, clean bathroom, Fishing, rental kayaks, picnic area, and very clean willow Beach.

Great experience! Loved this family owned & operated campground

Fell in love with this campground! Needed a quick stop & safe place to sleep on my way to grand canyon I was so sweetly surprised! Wasn't expecting much, there weren't any reviews. This campground was just taken over… by a kind family who now owns and operates the business with their children… I was greeted by "the boss" little miss scarlett who gave me a tour, fun facts, and cupcakes she had baked. The LOVE creativity and passion the owners have, for this work in progress campground is apparent. Seems like they are working their butts off to provide amazing experiences for their guest… like wild horses and glamping! I rarely write reviews but felt it so important and wanted their hard work to not go unnoticed.  I can't wait to revisit on my next road trip in Arizona!

Awesome Campground

Awesome place to stay! Amazing view of the Grandwash Cliffs! Nothing can compete for star gazing at night! The sky just lights up with a trillion stars at night…HUGE rv spaces big enough for our rig, boat and atvs!  Lake Mead is only 10 minutes away! This campground is perfect for those with the outdoor bug like us. Hiking for miles atv trails everwhere you turn. We had a blast. Owners and staff where helpful and informative. WE WILL BE BACK!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAMPGROUND 🤗🤗🤗

Large pull thoughts Horse, pet & desert toy Friendly… Owners are amazing and Scarlett (the Boss) is the cutest kid on Earth.

Always super clean and friendly people. I love that it is 20 minutes from my house to the campsite!

Walking or biking distance to the lake. No dogs are allowed on the beaches there. That is a bummer!

Great campground

Not far from Vegas lots of amenities the water in lake Mohave is way cleaner and clear bring your scuba gear kayak canoe boat can’t go upriver towards the dam on Sunday’s with a motor paddle only keep that in mind great fishing and spear fishing no limit on carp great for target practice invasive species and don’t hurt the channel catfish or Razorbacks I’ve seen big horn sheep around the camp and waters edge fish cleaning station small store boat rentals everything in one amazing spot go for it !! You won’t be disappointed but keep in mind it does get crowded get your spot early unless your launching a boat and find a spot on the river I recommend way better some old mining equipment upriver to see and hot springs

Was a good spot

I’ve used this area to camp since I was a kid I’m almost 30 now over the years it’s been a great local spot with few people around and you could usually find a nice secluded spot to get away from everything and fish let the kids play play some tunes and keep to yourself in the beauty of nature and the lake over the last few years this spot has become more popular and is now overcrowded with people cramming into every little section of beach leaving their trash diapers plastic bags anything you can think of especially broken glass its unfortunate I’ve had to evacuate our camp once because someone wouldn’t leave us alone and made us uncomfortable and we didn’t feel safe sleeping there at night with this weirdo bothering us we found a spot far away from everyone again with no one around and then another stranger decided to park right next to us and set up his camp deliberately next to ours so we left again we come out here to getaway from the Vegas weirdos but they have found their way out there as well Guns are allowed anywhere in lake mead so feel free to bring protection I recommend it NV and Lake Mead is 2A friendly checked with the rangers to confirm and they also agreed it would be wise to be armed while camping in this area there are Large packs of Coyotes as well that do not seem to fear humans as much and will lurk around your camp even in the daytime to be weary if you have kids I had to chase one off camp a few times and never let my kids wander off keep an eye on them also small dogs keep close the coyotes don’t like big dogs when I took my full grown Male German Shepherd we never seen one or even heard them get close but my dog is well trained and constantly patrols the camp and marks his territory definitely helped keep them away besides that if you get lucky you can find a sweet spot enjoy lots of fishing great views nice beaches swimming animals and everything else nature has to offer enjoy