Camping in Belgium

341 Reviews of 64 Belgium, West Virginia Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Pretty Views

The park has some very pretty views and a great view of the lake. The non-hook up camp sites are VERY close together. We got in late and struggled finding site 25 that we reserved so we had to stay at site 24. Also, a little trash along the campsite when we got there, but it wasn’t too bad. Overall…

SiteSite 24
Brittany B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

My favorite campground!

This was my first stop on my cross country trip from Virginia to California and out of all the amazing places I’ve seen, this is by far my favorite spot!

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Backward spaces, but nice private area.

After reading previous review about the camp hosts, I think they have changed. They still have plumbing issues and the showers are still non-functional, but we brought our own anyway.

Although we are wondering if the host is changing the pricing on his own. We have a senior pass good for 1/2 price…

• Backward site for RV. Notice pedestal is center of RV. We had to pull in forward instead of back in.
Ray G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Closed

Passing through and stopped for the night. Place is closed.

Sitenone
Ben The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

AK in WV??

With the incredibly varied landscapes and diverse vegetation, Dolly Sods truly feels like you are somewhere far north from WV. The ferns and evergreens reminded me of being in Maine, the vast meadows felt like I was in Wyoming or Montana.

I spent Labor Day weekend in Dolly Sods. With the…

Kellie A.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Eh, at Best

Originally we booked a "creekside" campsite. Which was especially disappointing, as it was a tiny gravel lot, hardly big enough for two small tents, a picnic table, and to park our car. Luckily we were able to switch to the tent only area due to some cancellations.

The tent only areas are…

Corey M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

Lovely little campground

This place is great. I always stay here for weekends when I got down to the river. The price is great, it has decent service and showers! A must after a day at the river.

The videos I supplied are just down the road and a trail at the river. The main attraction of this campsite.

• bud loving the little beach area down the river
    Play button icon
Angie J.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Rhododendron Campsite

Each site was massive with privacy from your neighbors. There is a great access to the trails from the campsite and a short walk to the overlook. Depending upon your location the bathrooms can be a hike. Sites 3-7 are good locations.

• site 6 empty
Josh M.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Nice location

The area is really nice. The site we were at was good and the sites are decently spread out. However, the water fill up is in a weird spot as well as the dump station. As others have said, most electric boxes are on the wrong side of the unit. Some spots are also very unlevel. Bathhouse is decent.

Stephanie V.
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Family Friendly

We only stayed one night but it was a beautiful stay. Did a little day fishin’ even though there weren’t any catches it was still a great time. Family friendly site. A lot of bike paths. We had a really late arrival and it was such an easy process to find our spot. Clean and efficient campsite.

• fun fishin’
  • nuthin’ fancy fishin’
  • stars!
SiteC31
Philip T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Level, clean, and open!

While the park itself is essentially a big parking lot, it is smack in the middle of plenty to do! The lot is level and the spots are pretty large, with different types of hookups. I'd recommend as both a layover and a destination.

pranali P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Beautiful Campground & Park

Campground was so clean & neat. Ohio Pyle is great place to visit on weekend so many Hikes & other adventures are available specially biking on River side was so beautiful.

SiteB10
Heather H.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great primitive camp

Quiet location with clean sites along Gandy Creek.

Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Hidden Gem

Camped here for proximity to the MD and WV high points, nice campground, clean showers, the electric hookups are not located in what you would call the right place (often opposite the trailer drivers side) but it’s workable with weird parking and extension cords. The trails lead through incredible…

Emma T.
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Starry Night

We enjoyed our stay at this campground set at the top of the mountain! There’s just enough room in between each campsite and the layout is easy to navigate. It gets busy on the weekend but it’s a nice environment. It’s fun to explore the downtown after rafting on the yough!

• @ night