the dyrt
National Forest
Willaby Campground is located in Olympic National Forest in Washington
6 Reviews of Willaby Campground
Willaby on Lake Quinault

About half the campsites are on the lake and if you can you want one of those ones!! We had site 10 and the view was amazing. the campsite was fairly private and decent size. The campground is ideally located by Olympic National Park with easy access to many hikes and just down the road from the Largest Sitka Spruce!

Beautiful lake under the stars!

We arrived late and the camp host allowed us to set up our tent in the overflow area which ended up working out great! We camped right by the lake with an amazing view of the mountains, lake and stars. The campground itself was a little tight so I was actually pretty happy to find our own little spot in the overflow area.

Beautiful campground in old growth rainforest!

Pretty campground in Olympic National Park! Visit the lodge to shower for $3 with access to the sauna. Easy access to trails for exploring! Quiet and first come first serve campground. Get there before noon to secure a spot.

Forested spots right next to the lake

This may be my favorite car-camping campground. Why?

• The spots are heavily forested, so they feel private even though they are close together.
  • The trees are amazing. The moss is amazing. The lake is beautiful.
  • Flush toilets
  • It's one of the few spots around Olympic NP that takes reservations. I drove up late on Friday of Memorial Day weekend, so really wanted a reservation to make sure I had a place to sleep.
  • It was nice and quiet, even on Memorial Day weekend
  • Nice flat, dedicated tent spots (although small if you have multiple tents).

I stayed in spot 11 which was really close to the lake (although no access given the steep slope). There was drinking water right next to my site. The only bad thing about #11 is that you can hear the loud hand dryers from the nearby bathrooms.

Great but not perfect..

This is the best campground on lake quinault south shore. It is right on the water and has secluded spots the form a figure 8. The bathrooms are fairly fresh and didn't offer a complaint. The campground doesn't give you a ton of privacy but is better than most in the area. No overflow camping at all.

Tight spaces, but seem private

We did a quick drive through these sites and there were several right on the lakefront, but elevated so there's not immediate access unless you're down at the day-use portion of the campground. This is an Aramark site, so there are modern conveniences such as flush toilets and Wi-Fi (seriously).

The individual sites were small, but terraced so there was enough space between them to feel private.