Bridport, VERMONT
Most Recent Bridport Camping Reviews
Lake St. Catherine in the heart of the Slate Valley recreation area.

Lake St. Catherine state campground is located in the heart of the Slate Valley. There are 50 tent/rv sites and 11 leantos.  This lake is known by anglers and boaters alike. Plentiful mountain bike trails are being developed all over this area. Pine hill in Rutland, and the Endless brook trails top the list of systems in the area to check out. The campground in secluded on the lake and has an excellent beach. Facilities are well maintained, and there is a nature center. People looking for a good place to hang out and grab so food should check out Castleton, situated atop the lake. This college town is bustling with life. Need more? Rutland is a half hour drive east, with Killington another half hour past there. Lots more to do here too. Come check it out.

TRAFFIC WOES

When we first drove up I almost turned around. But, we had our reservation and there were none local available for full hookups. Driving in, the office was kind of run down. On the way to our site, we passed the "pool". Green, thick, and nasty - seriously! There are many trees, which is nice. BUT, the sites big enough for our camper were difficult to get into, and right next to seasonal campers. These people had so much stuff surrounding them, it was weird. (My opinion ) Painted rocks, knomes, plastic deer, pigs, knick knacks EVERYWHERE. The people were nice, but.. We were at site 212, and were here for 3 night. We had a family function, so leaving was not an option. The Northway was directly to the west , maybe 1000 ft through the woods, extremely loud traffic noise.

Perfect location

We tented here late in the season so it was very quiet. We really enjoyed our experience here and the location to the high peaks couldn’t be better. The staff was great! The only negative I could really give is that the sites are a little bit difficult to navigate and find, especially when arriving at dusk. Bathrooms were nice and the sites are pretty secluded. They did have a few lean to sites also.

Fun for families

Cool little campground right in Mallets Bay on Lake Champlain. Campsites are kind of close together. Nice pool, game room, and little store. Its a fun place for families! No lake access, but close to everything. Ten minutes from Burlington.

Excellent!

Great place. We have been coming here for over 20 years. Right on Lake Champlain. The only downside is the beach is rocky, so bring water shoes! Dog friendly, and you have the choice between wooded areas and grassy. Close to great road biking and hiking.

Little River is a must-do

Little River is one of my favorite campgrounds ever! A group of friends and I decided to get one last camping trip in before winter hit - and we came across Little River on this website. Most sites were taken (as they usually are) so plan your stay well in advance. I'd recommend sites 26 (where we stayed), 27, 40, 51, 77 and 81. There's also a few easy historical hiking trails within the campground if you don't feel like leaving for a whole day to hike! For those who stay up late to stargaze - getting down to the reservoir at night can be a little tricky - but its worth it to see the moon/stars reflect on the water.

Perfect location to explore Burlington

My husband and I stayed here in our popup in June 2018. It was nice to be so close to the city and we were able to ride our bikes everywhere easily. The sites were all very open and close together, and the bathhouses could have used a good scrub, but overall it was an acceptable place given its proximity to the city. Don't bother buying the firewood from the main office, it was not seasoned and impossible to use.

Peace and quiet

Nice level sites and plenty of room , good for rv or tents. Only issue is bathrooms and showers need up dating, while usable not in good shape, was told that they will to getting redone soon,when finished it will be a first class campground with hiking fishing and site seeing all around.

Can’t get enough!

My wife and I went here for our first ever camping experience together when we started dating. We had a small tent, it ended up raining most of the trip, we got soaked. The staff at the campground were so nice, they let us change into one of their cabins. They are such a nice addition to their campground, allowing you to have more space but still be in the wilderness. Since then we’ve been back two other times and would go back in a heartbeat. The reservoir is beautiful and it’s close enough to great food and drink in town.

Love!!

Stayed in May and August 2018. Absolutely beautiful and CLEAN campground. Shaded and full sun site options as well as rental units if you don't have an RV. Boating pond, fishing pond, playgrounds, cafe/ice cream store, nightly weekend entertainment at their playhouse, new waterpark and two pools, tennis courts, laundry facilities, huge store, firewood and a trolley in the park. There is also another trolly to the village of Lake George, Great Escape and the outlet center. Bike trails throughout with a connection to the local bike trails leading to Lake George and Glens Falls area. Best part- the 2 acre dog park with shaded seating for humans , bathrooms and a dog wash station.

Primitive but ideal

Use bear bins- and clean up your camp. You’ll save the Bears lives and you’ll be happier!

Family campground

Owners are very friendly and helpful. Has seasonals, tent sites and RV sites. The swimming pool is very inviting and the bathrooms are always attended to. The one thing we loved the most was that the kids could ride their bikes around safely. We also found out that one weekend each summer they close the campground down to the public and fill all the sites with military families. They treat these families to free camping, activities to keep the kids busy and all of their meals for free!

Quiet relaxing and kid/animal friendly place

Had a amazing time with y family…. Quick trip to the village of Lake George

Secluded and quiet

Nice place to get away from it all. Very wooded and private sites. Many have lean-tos and brick ovens.

Nice comfortable campground with lean tos close to mount Mansfield

Spacious campground close to Burlington, VT

We were pleasantly surprised by this campground. The sites were long and spacious. We had one right next to the playground so our daughter could walk straight to it without having to cross a road. And speaking of playground, it was large and very nice. The campground is close to the highway but we never noticed the road noise. Besides the playground and the pool, the campground also had a basic mini golf course, a game room, and rental go-carts. The lake is a short walk down the street (no direct path from the campground). While we stayed here we took the short drive into Burlington, drove our bikes to the lake bike path, and visited the Ben and Jerry's plant (highly recommended). They didn't have any organized events while we were there. I would recommend to a friend and would gladly stay again.

Smugglers Notch State Park

I’d say this was one of Vermont’s best kept secrets, except I don’t think it’s exactly a secret. Even in October, the Park seemed full with visitors and Stowe was hopping! Leaf peepers were in full force and the grounds were absolutely spectacular- I really picked the perfect time of year to go. Nights got pretty brisk, but the foliage was breathtaking.

The Park, located along scenic Rte108, has about 20 tent sites and 14 lean-to’s well dispersed throughout the grounds. A couple spots were drive-in sites, accessible to those with disabilities; most had small pathways and/or stairwells leading to their platforms. There was not a bad site within the entire vicinity. All were fully shaded and extremely private. Although, I’d be curious about checking out Sites 1 or 16 next time around!

Bathrooms were clean and the main office sold firewood at the entrance. Facilities are also pet friendly. Plus, there are so many hiking trails and recreational opportunities in and around the Park-from Stowe Mountain Resort to the quaint shops in town and local craft breweries. And even with the Park seeming “full”, the grounds were perfectly quiet, without the incessant sound of generators you find at larger state parks.

Without a doubt, Smugglers Notch State Park is a favorite of mine!

Gorgeous!

Right on Lake Champlain with clean, beautiful sites. Lots of awesome lake activities.

I'd live here

Easily my favorite campsite in the Northeast! Operated by the Green Mountain Club caretaker who lives onsite, this campsite costs only $5 per person per night. There's a big 3-wall cabin with room for at least 12, several tent platforms, and there's even a composting privy (#2 only)!! The pond is surprisingly warm for its altitude and it's home to two Common Loons. Water is available at a creek and a spring nearby. There's a huge jumping rock on the far side of the pond.

Wonderful location

A very scenic place to stay. We will be going back here next year!

Beautiful Scenic views

Go just for the views. It was a wonderful place to stay, just for the views alone. Well worth the trip.

Really cool set up

This is the first place I experienced a camp site like this. I really liked the open shed structures for tent set up or for sleeping bags. Would love to go back!

Beautiful campground among rolling hills of Vermont

Although many of the sites here are set up to accommodate large RVs and other trailers, there are also more secluded sites up the hill with trees. This campground has more of a resort feel, with a small pond for swimming, basketball, volleyball, etc. This is a terrific place to enjoy the dark sky and fall foiliage. The bathrooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable.

I chose to stay here while I was finishing up the VT 4000-footers because it was midway between the trails for Mt Ellen/Abram and Killington.

One note of interest: this campground requires RVs to have an RVIA certificate; that excludes different homemade campers and school-bus conversions.

Camping right on the lake and bike path. Easy access to Burlington.

Great location. A good place for families.

Ausable chasm

Very peaceful!

Clean and Quiet

Gold Brook is clean and quiet small campground just outside of the village of Stowe. The campground features a nice pool and spacious level camp sites. This campground is the perfect location to setup base camp to see all that Stowe has to offer!

Beautiful camping site

Really great place for camping. you can rent boats or kayaks, or bring your own. A very calming place and a great place to camp.

Friendly staff at an older site

The owners were wonderful and kind. The site did have some low hanging branches which made it hard at times to bring in a trailer. Other than that one complaint though it was a lovely location!

Really fun place to camp

It was really neat getting to camp on an island like this. I didn't see any turtles though which was disappointing. Very calming place all around. We would love to go back!

Close to the lake, great site

I loved staying here. Right by the river and really close to the lake. Great place for kayaking and being on the water. A very quiet and calming place.