Wells Branch, TEXAS

Most Recent Wells Branch Camping Reviews
GREAT PLACE

Great RV Park right on the lake. Beautiful swimming pool and nice folks

Wow

My wife and I haven't been able to take a vacation alone together in years. We had just bought a travel trailer and we had a different place booked but then covid happened and they cancelled on us. We were worried that we weren't going to get some time together but then we found mystic quarry and let me say it was amazing. The owners did everything they could do to help us when we got there and during our stay. They offer river floating from a nearby tube rental place that will come pick you up and drop you back off at the camp ground. So much to do between the hiking trails, pool, hot tub, horseshoes, bocca ball courts, fishing at the nearby canyon lake. It was an amazing time and we will definitely be back.

This spot is my favorite!

The hiking is beautiful! This was my first time swimming in a spring. As you walk into the lake (walk fast if you dont want to get bitten) you will find pockets if cooler water spouting up. Its kinda like stepping into a refridgerator but underwater. Personally my camping experience was ruined by the generator a couple spots down - constantly on and did not take a break - so it kinda ruined the beauty of the outdoor experience for me. But this is truly a beautiful place!

Great for water lovers

Amazing views and facilities. The devils waterhole is a must!

Love it

Great access to water for fishing.swim area.clean bathrooms and showers.friendly staff.quiet peaceful.great place to take your family.boat ramp too.we love it.

Two Parks for one price

We stayed here for three nights and we were able to visit Bastrop State park for the day. The water was full of some weeds so fishing was not that great but we rented a camp and enjoyed our stay here.

Great Park

We went there in early April while the weather was still cool. My husband enjoyed the fishing while I took photos in my walks. We plan to go back as soon as they open the state parks again. These is what we liked: large enough that the campgrounds were private, clean showers, lots of geese and other birds and good fishing.

Close, clean, fun

McKinney Falls is close to where I live. Have been here many times for camping as well as just a day trip. Always enjoy this park.

2 week stay

Stayed 2 weeks at the end of February. Very clean, well maintained, didn’t feel too crowded on neighbors. Mix of full/long timers and some of us Nomads. A few social events but not a wide variety of activities. Only down-side was the road noise. Only a 2 lane road out front but more noise than expected. And sometimes disturbed the outdoor time. Didn’t hear the noise with the RV all closed up. Liquor store, gas/convince, couple restaurants within walking distance. Small brewery less than a mile down the road.

Westcliff

I appreciate all the park workers but the short guy with the glasses is a real jerk.but still my favorite place.